drought or other crop failure May 15, 2012 09:30AM
I am a pulling part's builder that is attempting to see into the future of pulling,if their is a crop failure on a large scale will crop insurance payments sustain the income farmers have gotten used to the last few year's will they have the large amounts of spendable money to continue to buy part's for their plling vehicles,any ideas would be appreciated as we try to figure production into the future.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 15, 2012 11:08AM
The answer is farmers will have more money than they know what to do with for years to come. Their associations have become masters at using lobbying and the press. Farm bureau, soybean check off corn growers and so on seem to spend enough money to get whatever they want and are willing to through any other group of Americans under the bus in a trade deal. Farmers don't want national or even reformed health care (wich would be good for them), but they want national crop insurance. If crop insurance was free market it would cost alot more for farmers to buy. So now tax payers foot the bill for their cheap insurance. A guaranteed income taking out the risk. That is fine, but it seems farmers are the first ones to scream about unemployment insurance. Cash croppers make tons of money in these good times. That is fine to. But just like the big banks when they make money it is their money, but in bad times it is our money. Unless they loose their manipulation of the media and their lobbying power in congress they will have big bucks for years to come. They lobby only behind, banks, big oil, and health insurance companies. One other thing that could burst their bubble is land rent. I know some pay alot already. Some are still getting a screaming deal. Most farmers rent half their land or more. If land owners get smart and take their piece of the pie things could change too. After all the farmer needs them, they do not need the farmer, because another farmer will come along and rent the land anyway. I have never heard of land sitting fallow for a year because the owner wanted too much rent. Somebody will always pay.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 15, 2012 12:21PM
Im sure glad you have everything figured out jack a$$. I doubt you have missed any meals. I dont know too many businesses that buy at retail and sell at wholesale. Something that people like you need to understand is at this point in this world that is filled with problems, agribusiness is helping drive the ecomony. If a farmer makes money he is sure going to spend it! By your title "banker", Im sure you might have a few farmer clients that might not like your comments, I sure dont, you wouldnt be my banker much longer. Its funny how people like you love to flap your meat trap on things you "think" you know about, when in reality you have been reading way too many anti-alterntive engery ads. Bet if you went hungry for a few days you might change your tune. Sounds like to me that you might be a little upset that the poor old farmer down the road if finally making a little money, sure didnt hear you complaining back in the late 70's early 80's when the family farm was just trying to make ends meat. If you think its so easy go and get yourself 4 or 5 million to start your own farm and reap the benifits from the american public like you calim us "farmers" do,

afterall your the banker!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 15, 2012 01:02PM
Whats sad, is that way too many people think like the idiot banker.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 15, 2012 01:28PM
Hey i farmed for years and It is the best way of life that god created but I had to get out when things went south.I hope it continues but my oppinion is it will fall like it did in the 80's.Things cannot continue like this forever,I wish they could but once the stock market turns and all the investers bail then it will fall to s##t.Talk to me because I miss it and want to farm rather than pulling a wrench.Farming is not a job it is a way of life that supports the the intire country!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 15, 2012 02:32PM
To American farmer. The whole point is you think you are more important than say the American worker and you should be rich. You would be all for outsourcing their job to another country if it ment more money for you. What this country has done with outsourcing manufacturing to other countries would be like sending our money to Brazil to build infustructure to ship their crops here becasue they can grow more cheaper food there than farmers will in the USA. Chances are 99% that you were born into farming and you are making it off your parents or grandparents hard work. Most farmers would be first to say an auto worker is making too much money yet they make so much more than an autoworker. If we have to we can buy are food from someplace else. Like anything else.You as a crop farmer deserve a good living just like anybody else that works for a living. Don't ever claim you feed us. If I did not have money to buy your food you would stand there and watch me starve. You are not a charity worker. You are doing it to make money like anybody else working. The average worker in the US makes about $26K. You just think about that. Would you be going tractor pulling on that paycheck? You are only one piece of the puzzel. You can't farm without other people and people can't eat without you. Farmers arn't bad or lazy people. They have it way better than alot of people and worse than others. Farmers seem to always knock the worker "in town" and all they are doing is working like you.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 15, 2012 02:50PM
26K is about what we made the last year we could afford to farm, we got out and rent our land out. I've started my own business and make a more than we ever did farming. Banker, just how much money do you think a farmer makes after expenses?? Most pullers have a 2nd job/business that supprts their habits. You've obviously never paid for a piece of equipment for farming...

Re: drought or other crop failure May 15, 2012 03:52PM
This sounds like the typical city boy who sees the local farmer driving by in his new pickup and automaticaly assumes that the government payed for that pickup through subsidies. Its easy to tell your kind, upset that you feel you have worked hard your whole life and you dont get a new pickup, or whatever, but when the local farmer makes a little money then we are the bad guys. I bet you'd take a raise, you might buy that pickup, thats fine, I have no problem with people making a better life, farming or banking, but dont sit on your soapbox and run your mouth about things you think you know, I'd bet you might be a little upset if you lost that raise, now look at that point of view from a farmer, its non stop, corn price goes up, fertilizer price follows, corn price goes down fertilizer goes down alot slower, we are at the mercy of many things. Its realitive. Has a farmer done better the last few years, yes so what, I dont complain about your raise. I assume you are a banker, how about the bail outs, if you are going to lump me into the farmer group (damn proud to be one), i figure i can lump you into one also. I find you comments a little ironic. Nobody is wanting to be put on a throne and have the american people kiss their feet, but like I said before nothing is said if the farmer struggles, thats peoples mentality, a farmer shouldnt have nice things, new cars, new equipment, they should be greasy, dirty and in their bib overalls. You must be a banker, maybe in a small rural town, bet there are several farmers in your area, bet several of those greedy farmers come to your bank and take operating, equipment, and building loans, bet you dont complain then. Its always the same script with your kind, mad to see someone other than yourself suceed, a chip on your shoulder that you cant have those things that greedy farmer has. All rural towns have them, probally make hat jokes with your friends you know, farmers hat bill is bent to look into the mailbox for the government checks. You dont need me, get that food imported, by the time the government gets done with all the tax, shipping, tax, and more tax we will see if you still complain. Bet the factory workers at John Deere aren't complaining, if a farmer makes money its going to be put back into circulation, wether its in LOANS, land, equipment, or cars. Its easy to knock something when your not a part of it. Like I said in the previous post, if you want to be that so called more important, rich farmer, get your loan and get started, or you might have saved some money from the toxic assets and used it. Let me know, I can give you Farm Credits number if that will help!!!!!!!!!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 12:33AM
No I DO NOT have anykind of problem with farmers doing well or getting government handouts. I have met very few farmers that don't claim to be the hardest working most underpaid person in the world. Most also talk how everybody that works in town is no good and lazy and sure sould not have enough money to buy a new truck. Then as they are getting government money they say things like there should be no unemploment insurance and so forth. That is who I direct my comments to. If you think what is good for the goose is good for the gander then great. That makes you a good American farmer. Treat your neighbor like you want to be treated. I see very little of this where I live. It has turned to dog eat dog and kill or be killed. More for me and screw you.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 01:20AM
Im 15, I live on my parents farm that they started. They both grew up on farms but moved off of them and started there own from NOTHING. No way near 99% of farmers were born in and taken over the family farm. Farmers are one of the largest groups against outsourcing jobs. And actually a lot of times we are charity workers by feeding the failed bankers(for example) through welfare! If we made 26K a year we wouldnt be! You say the average worker makes 26K but I want to see the average worker come out and do what we do. And sometimes farmers do make that much a year if not lose some. Next time sit down with your local farmers and get some facts next time you go dogging on us, You couldnt do our job just like we coudlnt do yours.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 05, 2012 04:09AM
Banker u need to shut the f$$k up! U have no idea how farming works and u got no say even blabbering ur mouth on this site!!! I totally agree with you american farmer we are finally not poor little farmers and can make ends meat now! We dont need dumb @#$%& like banker running his mouth!

Re: drought or other crop failure July 04, 2012 11:56PM
Make sure its included thst most AF ers cant find the road off the FF, , its a shame they cant get real jobs

Re: drought or other crop failure July 08, 2012 07:00AM
"301", who does not want to have or see the latest and greatest? That is the free will and greed that is in each of our selfish bodies. But we each must learn to control those temptations and live responsibly. And that is what I have done over the decades, because I have no debt, despite your horrendous accusation toward me. I never said you were a public relations person, because you certainly are not. It is guys like you that give agriculture a bigger black eye in a society that already scorns agriculture and its continuing land ever increasingly large scale business tactics.
Again, 'parts builder' asked a legitmate question. 'Banker' provided a legitimate and truthful answer. But, then many farmers like you had to get your panty in a knot because, you too, do not want your federal taxpayer funded entitlements taken away. Oh, how the truth hurts!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 16, 2012 01:06AM
Well Mr.Banker,this farmer trys to spend as much of my money local also.Yeah,I could drive 15 miles to the big home improvement store to buy nails,bolts,plumbing supplies,paint,and such,but I don't.I spend a little more for that stuff at the local hardware store.It probably adds up to$100.00 or so a year more I pay,but well worth the investment in my local community.3 years ago I spent a ton of money drying my 500 acres of 30% moisture corn.It all went to the LOCAL propane company,not the one from the next town over owned by a large conglomerate.They were 5 cents a gallon cheaper than the local company.I spend my money where I live and I am sure I am not the only farmer that does the same.So you see,if the farmer makes money,so does the local community.I heard once that a dollar spent turns over 7 times before it leaves the community.So every dollar I spend at home makes a big difference.You see Mr.Banker,we the American farmers,are proud of our local communities and feel it is OUR responsibility to help and suppoprt it any way we can and the easiest way for us to do that his buy spending our dollars local.So if you want to complain about the American farmer making money,then take your Lexus,Beemer,or what ever it is you drive,pack up your stuff and move to Brazil where the farmers are doing it "cheaper".Be thankful you don't have your bank in my town and my money was in it.Tomorrow I would be driving to the next town to do my banking.How do you like losing a million dollars a year?

Re: drought or other crop failure May 16, 2012 03:58AM
The person asking the origional question never got much of an answer,who knows the fact's of things don't look the brightest,first of all we have a supporter of the anti christ in the white house endorsing gay marriage,don't blow to hard about John Deere doing great with all the farmers getting rich deere's stock is down just about every day.We used to have a family farm took good care of the land,pastured the ground that should not have been in crop ground,had we been poor farmers and farmed all that ground we could still be riding crp payments.I could start a list of farmers that are tractor pullers flying high today that took out bankrupcy or had their fha loans settled for a dime on the dollar,sold their pik certificates in the bar,on and on all riding on the taxpayers shirt tail with their cap in the mail box,and dont blow to hard about buying some bolts at the local hardware store you probably have your semi's with the farm tags driving right on past the local coop going straight to the river market or processor or even putting roundup soybeans on the train cars going to the ediable bean market.So much for the neighbor you will sell him out in a second chances are you are on the widows doorstep wanting the farm ground before their is any dirt on the casket.And you sure don't want any one to profit a dime off of you,how many times have you given the local mechanic the poor old me story,or I'll let you drive my tractor once for free labor,than sell him out to follow the next big idea,how many bushels of corn have you given away? Yes most of you were born into farming grandpa was the one out milking the cows at sun up or before so you can have a big time.To answer the origional question about building parts,build away as long as they can find a dollar by whatever means they will buy the parts to support the addication but be careful they will copy you,sell you out,bounce their checks,stop payment all for a penny.COD or pre pay and make sure the check clears before shipment.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 16, 2012 04:52AM
Just like all the rest, you want to lump everyone together and with a couple bad apples call the whole bunch rotten. I have no idea what you do for a living and dont care, but I know I could find a handful of people in your area that have done and are doing the same things these farmers your complaining about have done. Bet you shop around on auto loans, house loans, and deals at the grocery store. How is that any different than what the american farmer does, other than being a much larger scale. Its a business! If you own your own business, your not going to give free labor, parts or materials. Its the same story, people who use to farm or family has some farmland, you want to farm because it is so easy, money hand over fist, grandad made the money and the kids spend it, that is the typical phrase out of your mouths, nobody in this day and age every works for something, my grandad didnt farm all that much, my dad gave it his all to keep the farmily farm going through the 80's, any farmer remember those times, I was young and can still remember, now we have grown into a very sizeable farm. Dont tell me your bs line! You might be on welfare for all I know. Last time I checked the farmer still paid taxes, yes some items are not taxed but tell me a large coop that doesnt get the same. It boils down to the fact that some of you are bitter, mad at the world that the american farmer has done well. Dont get me wrong, im not lumping all the american public together, there are alot of great people out there and Im licky to have some of them as landlords, if I make more money so do they, most of my government payments are divided 50 - 50. As far as the John Deere stock, you think the farmer is to blame for that also, as far as I can tell their sales around here have gone up. Cant see the forest from the trees, but seem to know it all.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 16, 2012 05:22AM
As far as the original question is concerned, this whole topic got off on the wrong foot starting with the assumption that all pullers are farmers and that the market for pulling parts is somehow dependent upon crop insurance and government subsidies. Kind of insulting, if you ask me. There's plenty of us out here, farmers and non farmers alike, that fund our hobbies through a business or a job or two or three, at the sacrifice of other things to do what we enjoy. To the OP, I would like to know what exactly it is you make and sell, cuz you won't be getting any of my money.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 16, 2012 11:54PM
If you really read the fist question it is a jab at the American Farmer. Not an inteligent question. If said person is a "parts builder" post your name so your customers (which you assume are only poor welfare recipiant farmers) can sign there "government checks" right over to you. In all walks of life there are people whom will ride the system, or daddy and graddays money. Don't be sour to those who come from family money be mad at your family for not having money. We are all being hit by the economic times we have in front of us. Its a roller coaster we all ride there are some making money now and others not. There are 3 things that determine how far you advance in life. Being smart, the people around you and luck.

Now for those of you whom are mad at the Farmer STARVE and die the world will be a much better place with out you negative attitude

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 01:50AM
The truth is this. There are several farmers I know that would not do well if they were to run any other business. Luckily they are afforded the opportunity to farm. They did not earn it. They just showed up there. I do not know one farmer trying to get out of the business. I do know several other wage earners that are tired of their job. I personally work a full time job in town. When I have free time I farm. How many farmers with there free time want to go work at a factory? Farming is one of the best livelihoods know to man. Any body that argues with that has never work off the farm. There are several uneducated farmers making way more than the doctors fixing there knees, sun spots and hips! Farmers have a great perception going to the public. Have you ever met a farmer that tells you he is doing well? Lets start everyone with zero and see in 10 years see where everyone is at ? Think about that!! Some would not be living like they are now. Put yourself in that scenario!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 03:02AM
Start at zero? Classic liberal thinking. If you aren't working a little today so your next generation can have it a little easier you are doing it wrong. Old money, new money who cares. Henry Ford almost had his company taken away by the govt because they deemed him uneducated. By whose standards? Turned out to be one of our nations greatest companies.

Every family has a generation that kick starts a better life for the rest, some of us haven't seen that generation yet and some had that generation years and years ago. If you are the first be glad you have the chance and do what you can to make it happen. Worrying about what the next guy has or gets only delays your own success in life.

Give a liberal a million dollars and he/she will show you exactly how many people he/she should share it with.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2012 01:47PM by AV.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 03:36AM
I do think there are a lot of lazy azzed city boys just sitting around trying to collect free money. I try to employ these ppl. Give them nice equipment with a good wage. They might work for a few weeks till they get some mo ey in their pickets and then quit and try to get unemployment off me. Or if they work more than 8 hrs a day they can't stand it any longer and need to go home. Had a 24 year old kid the other day helping pour concrete he ran the vibrater for 20 minutes said his hands hurt and couldn't do it anymore. My dad who is 63 ran if for the next 2 hrs. So yeah I do think a lot of non farmers are lazy. Not all but some

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 04:12AM
True farmer's have a love for the land,they do all they can to improve it for production to stop erosion and leave it better for the next generation,it is almost sad that we have a money system dictating how we have to do things,if only we could have more farmers with smaller farms that used to be able to support a family,one problem I see today is we don't have enough of a younger generation raised on the farms that grew up with a work ethic,that learned how to take care of livestock the ones that do don't seem to have the me me me attitude,as far as the subisties go their are plans to stop them for farmer's,study drudge report.com and be careful how you vote,I fear a communist flag flying over our nation that was once great,most of us reading this post are not going hungry however sadly enough we have people in this country of ours that are,many of them are people that have fell through the cracks,some are to proud to ask for help or don't know wheir to ask,and some have been stompted down so another could get ahead,I know of another that spent 40 years as a hard working farmer that gave his body and health to the farm to be pushed out by his own brother in the name of greed.I will also say the origional question posted appears to have been exploited and taken out of context,it was a legitmate question much like pre selling next years crop however I don't think the farmer's make up the biggest percentage of the puller's any more,we have trucker's,machinery dealers,teacher's,engine builder's,ag distributor's,pilot,lawyer,insurance salesman,computer tech's,parts store owners,mechanics,and hobby farmers large and small,people from all walks of life,and i know of an investment banker,if only people could unite and work toghether we could all be stronger than we are divided if only we all worked in a profession with subisties and insurance to cover costs,the question would not have been asked.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 11:33AM
If you want to hate on somebody for getting a handout they haven't earned, your attention would be better focused on the thousands upon thousands of welfare recipients, especially the illegal aliens that are allowed to vote and receive benefits, but do not pay taxes. The subsidies that farmers receive to keep a critical industry alive are a drop in the bucket by comparison.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 12:48PM
First off banker,I will assume that you have a vehicle,house or other items that you have insurance on.Why is that, one might also assume that is because there is a chance something could happen to that item and you feel you want to be protected from loss.So why do you look down your nose on farmers who have risks in the field who beleive something could happen and want to protect their loss.By the way you have one week of your life invested in your risk at the bank,then you cash out,and invest another week.Farmers have their future invested for the year.If your bank closes tomorrow you have insurance.unemployment.If by chance you own the bank you have insurance,you insure the note I take from you and so on.By the way,my bank demands I have insurance on my crop.I would also venture to say if you had a loss on something you had insurance on you would turn it in.The gov has pushed for us to be insured so that they would not have to bail us out.How bout you.How bout you take what you made last year and figure out what percentage you spent on food.If you cant figure it out someone will help you,but the percentage will be small.You can thank the American farmer for that.The same way I thank my banker for loaning me the money.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 02:24PM
I love this insurance deal!!!! Crop insurance premiums are subsidized by the gov. Approximate. 50%. Which means taxpayers. So...... All of us taxpayers are helping to keep our food cost low. Along with subsidies, which once again is paid by the gov. Which is paid by taxpayers. Now the insurance premium a normal person pays is not subsidized by gov. At least not mine. One more thing, not many businesses can insure a bottom line guarantee like farmers can. Farming is a great occupation for many reasons.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 03:13PM
I love the way all of you have this figured out. Banker, where are you at? Why don't you respond? I can tell you one thing, none of my cash will be in YOUR bank when YOU are helping BTO's that are trying to put ME out of business. And Education again, YOU are NOTHING but an EDUCATED IDIOT!!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 03:26PM
So your angry that you the taxpayer pays your part of the tax that keeps your food cost low.In a roundabout way your paying an insurance that you will have cheap food tomorrow.Are you just as angry that ag exports are by far leading the county in total exports nationwide.With out them your one step closer to speaking chineese.In 2010 the average American farmer feeds 155 fellow Americans and represent 1.4 % of the population.So if Im not mistaken 1.4 % produce food for 98.6%.How about you find the farmer that is feeding you and tell him you can do it on your own.Then you can tell the gov. that you want exempt from the 3.63 your spending each year on the insurance you dont need.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 02:13PM
It's funny, the intelligent people have the B@((s to give their name, the ones talking all the smack alittle afraid to log in...

Re: drought or other crop failure July 08, 2012 12:29PM
Well said Adam!!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 17, 2012 11:05PM
Okay Real Farmer.Let me tell you a little about my operation,that you seem to know so much about.My grandpa farmed,my dad farmed,the 80's were tough,the farm was sold and Dad got a job in a factory.I graduated high school at that time also.I wanted to farm but could not,so I got a full time job with my Dad.I kept dreaming of farming someday.I saved some money and finally got enough to buy a tractor.I started renting ground and working full time.I bought a farm when I was 32.I thought then"wow I am now a farmer"the same as Dad and Grandpa.I kept working full time,farming acres slowly continued to grow through rented acres.When I turned 40 I quit my full time job,my acres were up to 800.Since then I have farmed full time,bought more ground,and better used equipment.Now I am a real farmer like Dad and Grandpa.As far as "the semi",it is a 4650 John Deere and 2 big gravity wagons going to the LOCAL CO-OP.The Ohio River is 150 miles to the south and Lake Erie is about 100 miles to the north.The ethanol plant is to far to drive a tractor.Yes I have been on the widows doorstep,giving our condolances and finding out where to go with my combine to finish her harvest since her husbad passed.Heck my neighbor is my hired hand.I am my own mechanic,if I can't fix it or don't have time I take it to the local mechanic.We have a simple agreement,he fix's it,I pay him.He buys his freezer beef from me..How many bushels of corn have I given away?Well I give Dad and Mom corn for their corn burner every winter.Now if you think of corn as time,I help at the church,4h club,FFA,fair board and any one else that asks me.I try to treat people as I would want to be treated,I think that is fair.So next time you go shoot your mouth off,make sure you know who or what you are talking about.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 18, 2012 04:04AM
The simple answer here is we live in the greatest country there is. We are all free to chose the way we make a living. If farming is so good give up the bank job (if you even are a banker, which I highly doubt) and start farming. It can be done, the only thing stopping you is you!!!!!

Chip

Re: drought or other crop failure May 18, 2012 03:08PM
Man this is funny stuff! Poor old farmers....almost the only ones that can afford $100000 toys to play with every Summer! Uncle Sam makes sure you get your check but yet how many business people out there can say that? I see how farmers live and its sickening. If I lost my 40 hr a week job you farmers wouldn't care so if farming falls apart who cares....except for the sport I love....tractor pulling. Go cry all you want farmers. You have it so rough. Not!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 18, 2012 04:31PM
just some facts about the farmer and his farm program. 51.9% of the farm program goes to food stamps 21.4% goes to the children nutrition programs(school lunch programs) 10.0% goes to comodity programs 7.0% goes to conservation programs 6.2% is for crop insurance 3.5% is for other. As you see crop insurance is not the biggest expense in the farm program so stop bashing farmers.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 07:18AM
Great Post, I was just going to put the same stastics out, everyone thinks that a farmer cant fail, Bull Sh*! Fan, maybe you should get some hard figures before you open your mouth, ask a farmer what his breakeven point is this year, has the last couple years been good, yes, if a farmer has marketed his crops well, grown respectable yields and watched his bottom line. There is alot of management in this business. A farmer handles more money then you can imagine, the key word is handles! It goes from point a to b and whats left over is c. Dont get me wrong, farmed all my life and love it, but its not all window time in their new tractors, many sleepless nights, many days spent getting your bottom line. You probally have a job where you do a certain skill, try being a marketer, book keeper, manager, buyer, seller, public relations, and most of all a family person. Not complaining, because its the life I CHOSE, but dont sit and judge me on things YOU THINK YOU KNOW! The most igroant people in this world are the people who think they know things when it is apperent you have no clue. We pay for crop insurance, you can do the same, go to you agent and ask him if you can buy insurance if you loose you job, or get hurt on the job (workmans comp), whats the difference. You are covering yourself, so you are bashing someone who wants to protect your investment, and your family.

It boils down to the same thing I said before, its bitterness, you think its easy, money all the time, get started, there is land for sale everyday, land to be rented, and machinery for sale, whats stopping you, your guarnteed, its that simple. Stop bsing everyone and live the good life. Its that simple isnt it?

Re: drought or other crop failure May 18, 2012 04:37PM
And fan2012, my GUESS is that you would not want to see my 25000 toy non component that I own. I for one CARE if YOU lost your job. But I am gonna tell you this, I am getting to the point where I don't CARE about YOU and BANKER because after 35 years of FIGHTING to make it on my OWN, I know that niether of you give a rats ass about ME!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 18, 2012 05:21PM
This is killing me! 301 your not fooling anyone! There's not any other way of living where your going to get your money no matter what happens than farming! For example if Ford makes 2 million vehicles there's no government promise to buy them all. Good luck on your argument...can't win bottom line.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 18, 2012 05:34PM
Typical liberal douchebag, biting the hand that feeds you.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 12:25AM
You don't know how many times that has been said about me over a 35 year period, that I can't win. Believe me, no matter what, I will.
We all have our opinions and that is fine. You have yours and that is fine also , but wrong.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 01:37PM
So how much does a crop farmer make per hour of actual work? $300-$500? 4 weeks in the spring 4weeks in the fall and 44 weeks of vacation. No ceo has it that good in town.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 01:48PM
Banker your a dumb @#$%& if you think we only work 8 weeks a year. Who hauls the grain in the off months, mows ditches, sprays fencelines, spray the crops, fertilizes the crops, chases pivots all summer, repair work on equipment, cleans shop, haul any iron if possible, cosmetics on farm buildings and equipment, take care of a cow herd all summer. Im sure i missed a bunch of things also. You dont have a clue so keep ur @#$%& mouth shut!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 02:37PM
Banker how kan u be soo rong on ur estimashun? we r 1000 -$1500 a week fore 2 weecks work in spring an 2 weecks in fal 46 weeks vakation working tu muve that tu 48 weecks vakation and we r dumb#@* dat dont no how tu spel,a bit beter then u can atmit tu

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 02:50PM
You guys do know you're being baited for someones amusement don't you ? No, I guess you don't, but I wouldn't get my blood pressure up too much.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 04:33PM
I do know that, but believe me, before this is over with, I will make "Bankers" blood pressure higher than mine. lol

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 04:50PM
Wow banker! the mentality of you!!!!!!! While you are sitting on your arse in an airconditioned or heated office that I am helping pay for! LMAO Now I KNOW that I WILL be taking my money out of your bank. And since I don't owe you anything, you can't stop me. But yet YOU told me if I ever BORROWED anything from YOUR bank, I HAD to take out crop insurance!!!!!!! Just keep posting, because you will be digging yourself deeper! lmao

Re: drought or other crop failure May 19, 2012 10:50PM
After reading all this who thinks their fooling anybody here. Most people that are involved in pulling farm, have family that farms or are involved in farming and some way. Cash cropping right now pays great and no matter how you look at it does not require 52 weeks X 40 hours worth of work. No cash cropper works 2080 hours a year. SF magazine just had a story about passing the farm on to the eldest son. There are so many farm kids that do not get the chance to farm much less outsiders. It is possible to get into farming not taking over the family farm. I would guess less than .5% of farmers these days have. So it is a fact it is almost impossible. As far as crop insurance it is federal tax money that is the insurer. That is the fact. It is not like car insurance that is on the free market. I wish the government would insure my car so it would cost me 25% of what it does now. As far as that liberal comment what would you call the collecting of tax money to give farmers non free market cheap crop insurance. That sounds like a social program to me. I read a story in a farm newspaper last fall. It talked about how people in general farmers and non farmers seem to belive in capitalism for others and socialism for themselves. It said when the government gives me something I deserve or earned it, but when my neighbor gets something from the government it was a gift. I farm and work full time. I work with about 125 people and I would say about 5 of those people think farmers are lazzy. Now when it comes to my family and neighbors that farm a good 90% think that everybody that works in the city is lazzy and does not know how to work. I would never tell the people at work that I make way more money farming each year than I do at my fulltime job. I work so my wife can stay home with the kids. If I was single I would be living it up and just farming. My closest neighbor always spouts off that if government would just stay out of farming everything would be great. I tell him to be carefull what he wishes for. I like crop insurance.

Re: drought or other crop failure May 20, 2012 01:32AM
What a shame to always depend on TAXPAYERS MONEY - get a job

Re: drought or other crop failure May 20, 2012 01:58AM
After reading most of the posts where do I start? As far as subsidies goes, we get just enough to help keep us interested in farming. 15 years ago in my area a dcp payment would pay most real estate taxes on an average dryland farm, about 20 bucks an acre. Now with prices of land, it pays about enough to get to the court house. So this isn't as good as it once was. Crop insurance: most people buy just enough to pay most of the input costs, otherwise it might break you to buy the most $ per acre, try to find the best "value of insurance". Subsidies:. . the Farm Bill that most people think is for the farmer only, needs a reality check. This involves almost every aspect of food and fiber in the U.S.. It involves welfare, school meals and nutrition. info and studies on health and needs in food and about 250 things I don't know about. This is a vague percent of the total farm bill, but the payments to the "farmer" is probably only about 1 to 2 % of the total dollars spent of the farm bill. Somebody help with the actual %, I couldn't find my NCGA book. So all the money or subs don't go directly to us. As far as lazy, I know alot of dam hard working people from town, but also alot of dam hard working farmers also. As far as working all those 2015 or what ever hours a year, I think some do. I have about 20 never ending projects that also comes to most important to least important. I do alot of the time like most do, work from sun up to sun down. So please don't think we just sit around cash cropping. Winter time, haul grain almost everyday. Tractor pulling is a sport that fits a few of us. Is it all farmers, absolutly not. So the original question, is farming going to stay good for a while, maybe or maybe not. It usually relies on mother nature and God to see if we will make another good crop to feed the world. Darin

Re: drought or other crop failure May 20, 2012 01:00PM
Well that does it. I'm selling the farm and my Farm puller to buy a Grand National Pro stock!! Why have all the worries about Farming. Let's go Pulling !!!! I'll use the banker for my front weights and the other Farm bashers for the wheelie bars!!! Hey boys lets go blow some smoke!!!!

Re: drought or other crop failure May 20, 2012 02:40PM
You people bashing farmers say what you think you know about money, but don't dare say we don't work hard. Bet I could wear you out in less than a week around here if you followed me around! Mentally wear you out if you knew all the things we worry about.

Hey Banker July 04, 2012 04:58PM
Where are you now? lol

hey there who's fooling who? May 20, 2012 04:30PM
No cash cropper works 2080 hours a year? hmm, then why do I put 1000 hours + on the 3 tractors that I own a year plus 250 hours on a combine that I own also a year. I think that is a total of 1250 + hours. Now I don't have an hour meter on my computer, phone, ladder, hand or pickup. But I guess those hours do not count.

Re: hey there who's fooling who? May 20, 2012 07:54PM
Did u eat tonight!!! U could be be in China. Remember our food is made here not China where do you shop @ Walmart!!! Im Sorry but get your head out of your ??? Shop local to keep the usa alive and stay the hell out of wall mart !!!

Re: hey there who's fooling who? July 05, 2012 12:04AM
Most of you on this topic need help, ,, people really hate the non tax payers, , ie AG PRODUCERS, ,, you have ruined so much in America, ,, low life government rapers, ,, thats one thing called on the street

Re: hey there who's fooling who? July 05, 2012 12:52AM
Ohhh the truth is going to hurt here. Now we will hear all over again how farmers are the hardest working most deserving people in the world and they should be rich and the rest can be poor. I forgot they feed the world all by themselves and we owe them a living. After all for 25 years we gave them a job when we only needed about half of them. They all like bashing autoworkers so paying a farmer to not plant anything would be about like paying an auto worker to make a car and then crush it at the end of the line and start over. They earn their handouts unlike anybody else that just gets gifts from the tax payers. With this years bad weather many farmers are hurting for real, but they seem to eat their own and are just thrilled about anothers missfortune diving prices up for the ones with good crops. Thats the American farmer.

tractor pulling web site July 05, 2012 03:35AM
Maybe all of you should stick to the sport topics this site seems to be for and thats the topics on Pulling. I love to debate politics but when I come to this site I like to see topics on pulling. Besides if you want to make any real inprovements to our political structure then you better run for office because " it does'nt rain on the internet".Tougue Out

Re: tractor pulling web site July 05, 2012 04:17AM
Yeah, but just about all the threads are about promoting this pull or another and then arguing about the rules. What fun is that? JW

Re: tractor pulling web site July 05, 2012 05:19AM
this country is not ready to handle what is in store for them. Considering how wide spread this drought is the prices of food will be crazy for a few years to come. I am not alone when i say we are feeding hay right now that we would normally be feeding in january. you can say crop insurance this and crop insurance that but when there is NO hay in the country to feed cattle you need to get past the ignorance to farmers and the way you think they milk the system. If we do milk the system how can we afford to feed cattle which in turn feeds everybody else when there is NO feed to feed. it is not going to be good. i am not the type that likes to be there bearer of bad news but the truth is real and it is here. there is no government program around that can make hay magically appear for farmers to feed cattle. If you dont believe me check out the thread on fondas board about corn crops around the country. it is not good

Re: tractor pulling web site July 05, 2012 06:13AM
Suddenly, all those shopping centers where hay used to grow don't look like such a good idea. Do we really need 16 Walmarts within 30 miles anyway?

Re: tractor pulling web site July 05, 2012 06:30AM
exactly just keep taking crop ground and increase population numbers and see where that gets us! good luck

Amen Sully July 05, 2012 09:24AM
Sully
this country is not ready to handle what is in store for them. Considering how wide spread this drought is the prices of food will be crazy for a few years to come. I am not alone when i say we are feeding hay right now that we would normally be feeding in january. you can say crop insurance this and crop insurance that but when there is NO hay in the country to feed cattle you need to get past the ignorance to farmers and the way you think they milk the system. If we do milk the system how can we afford to feed cattle which in turn feeds everybody else when there is NO feed to feed. it is not going to be good. i am not the type that likes to be there bearer of bad news but the truth is real and it is here. there is no government program around that can make hay magically appear for farmers to feed cattle. If you dont believe me check out the thread on fondas board about corn crops around the country. it is not good

Everyone better start thinking about that. The hog producer can't feed hogs without corn either. Chickens the same thing. It goes on and on. Guess we could all become vegetarians. Now wait, I think we need water to grow those also.

Re: hey there who's fooling who? July 05, 2012 07:05AM
I sure hope their is enough crop insurance to go all the way around,this concerns everyone much more than the farmer,the machinery dealers,all agri business,and consumers

Re: hey there who's fooling who? July 05, 2012 07:48AM
These days it sure seems the less work you do the more you are rewarded. Farmers that raise animals seem to get the short end of the stick and large scale produce seem to too. Animals need care everyday. Crops 3 months work at most. Crop farming is just as crooked as walmart and ge. Lobby money pays off big time these days. The FB caters to cash croppers that look down on dairy and beef farmers.

making farmers farm again July 05, 2012 09:18AM
here in pa they are not renewing the programs that pay you not to farm i am glad all those people with lots of land just sat back and got checks maybe now they will raise crops and help the people in the drought areas out there is nothing wrong with insuring crops i bet everyone out there has insurance of one form or another we farm and have two other businesses we would save alot with no insurance but the banks make us on everything

Re: Don't anyone think it's not serious July 05, 2012 01:38PM
This is to all who bash farmers. Don't eat your Wheeties and then slam the american farmer, with your mouth full, for receiving government checks or crop insurance checks! SHAME ON ALL OF YOU! Do you really know where that Wheeties started from? Let me give you a hint. Not from the box! Just my 2 cents on a totally blown out topic.

Re: Don't anyone think it's not serious July 05, 2012 02:06PM
Why do the farmers all think they they deserve a pat on the back.The truckers think think they deserve a pat on the back for moving america's products. Face it both of of them jobs we do for the money. If someone don't want to farm or drive truck someone else will take your place.. Slogans like thank a farmer for feeding America and Thank a trucker for moving America Face it I farm and truck both and do it for the money and no other reason!.

Re: Don't anyone think it's not serious July 05, 2012 03:01PM
YOU JERK!!!......I don't farm for the money. I do it cause I want to and it's what I love. Not to mention two generations before me did it and I want to carry on the tradition to my kids. Finally if I wanted to MAKE LOTS OF MONEY I would have done what I went to college for. I know there are lots of farmers out their like myself. Just because YOUR doing it for the money doesnt mean everyone else is. DON'T SPEAK FOR US.

Re: Don't anyone think it's not serious July 05, 2012 02:15PM
First off, I am a pulling fan, not a puller..2nd off I work in a grocery store and have since 83..no not WalMart but a small mom and pop store in a rural town of 5500..I never post but felt compelled to. To all the bashers, it is very sad to read all of this! Next time you are in a store look around, my what a nice produce dept..wow look at that meat counter..umm this comes from our farmers, weather it be a 10acre Hobby Farm to a 50k acre operation doesnt matter, work is work, its something we all do or should do anyway..I deal with customers all day long, why is meat so high they ask..well alot of reasons but remember folks the Farmer is at the mercy of the market..then you have the processors..the distibutors before it even gets to the store..then processed further by folks like myself..if we dont get rain and get some very soon our national corn crop is in dire jepordy..if we dont get rain soon the beans arent gona make..and the meat dairy and produce you consumers buy will much higher and more scarce.. I for one would not want to be in a farmers shoes!! I work a 70-80 hr week evry week and have for many years, but when my day is done I go home and see my family and get my needed rest..I dont monitor the weather wondering what will happen to my crops..I dont lay there at night and worry where im gona buy my hay to feed my cattle because my alfalfa is dried up..I dont worry about how im gona pay my operating loan or worry about having to lay my hired help off or how im gona fix my quarter million dollar combine..but I want to tell you, the farmers I know do..they are consumers to and I talk to them everyday and I thank them..why.. because without them I dont have a job..if I dont have a job you dont have a grocery store if you dont have a grocery store you dont eat..think about the implications of how everything has a trickle down effect..everything does!!

Re: Don't anyone think it's not serious July 05, 2012 02:59PM
Ron D
First off, I am a pulling fan, not a puller..2nd off I work in a grocery store and have since 83..no not WalMart but a small mom and pop store in a rural town of 5500..I never post but felt compelled to. To all the bashers, it is very sad to read all of this! Next time you are in a store look around, my what a nice produce dept..wow look at that meat counter..umm this comes from our farmers, weather it be a 10acre Hobby Farm to a 50k acre operation doesnt matter, work is work, its something we all do or should do anyway..I deal with customers all day long, why is meat so high they ask..well alot of reasons but remember folks the Farmer is at the mercy of the market..then you have the processors..the distibutors before it even gets to the store..then processed further by folks like myself..if we dont get rain and get some very soon our national corn crop is in dire jepordy..if we dont get rain soon the beans arent gona make..and the meat dairy and produce you consumers buy will much higher and more scarce.. I for one would not want to be in a farmers shoes!! I work a 70-80 hr week evry week and have for many years, but when my day is done I go home and see my family and get my needed rest..I dont monitor the weather wondering what will happen to my crops..I dont lay there at night and worry where im gona buy my hay to feed my cattle because my alfalfa is dried up..I dont worry about how im gona pay my operating loan or worry about having to lay my hired help off or how im gona fix my quarter million dollar combine..but I want to tell you, the farmers I know do..they are consumers to and I talk to them everyday and I thank them..why.. because without them I dont have a job..if I dont have a job you dont have a grocery store if you dont have a grocery store you dont eat..think about the implications of how everything has a trickle down effect..everything does!!

Ron, you are one very intelligent person!

Re: hey there who's fooling who? July 05, 2012 01:49PM
AMEN I agree I know farmers that farm less than 800 acres that are buying things like it is nothing. Machinery, buildings and lake houses

Re: hey there who's fooling who? July 05, 2012 02:00PM
The livestock farmer always get screwed!

Re: hey there who's fooling who? July 05, 2012 02:34PM
The corn made nothing in my area last year...Both my renters had great proven yields so crop insurance let them make $150 per acre profit on 70% coverage..This year if it will rain this weekend they should have 100 bushel corn..This is an area where 130 is normal..If you have great proven yields and decent coverage you will make a profit..

hey Landlord July 05, 2012 02:55PM
You are missing the WHOLE point. Ya might make a profit, but how ya gonna EAT if it's not there TO eat?

Re: hey Landlord July 05, 2012 03:05PM
Oh and I still want to know where Banker is. Come on where are ya?

Re: hey Landlord July 06, 2012 12:26AM
YA,LL ARE IDIOTS! !!! ONCE AGAIN PROOF U MAY WANT TO GET OUT AND SEE WHAT PEOPLE REALLY THINK OF YA,LL

Re: hey Landlord July 06, 2012 07:08AM
There is tons of money in cash cropping at this time. There is risk as far as making the tons of money, but there is no risk of not making money with our tax money paying for low rate crop insurance. Nothing wrong with that, just don't bash anybody else that gets something from the goverment. It would not be good for the economy to have farmers going under. We see it is not good for the economy to see other people loose their jobs and houses either. You only choose to farm to a point. You are still doing it to make money and live even if you could be doing another job. It does seem livestock farmers get little help and have to work harder. Many states having no rain will hurt livestock farmers bad, but cash croppers will still get paid enough to get by. It is not right. What is worse is that some cash croppers think its funny or run down livestock farmers.

Re: hey Landlord July 06, 2012 03:37PM
Banker
There is tons of money in cash cropping at this time. There is risk as far as making the tons of money, but there is no risk of not making money with our tax money paying for low rate crop insurance. Nothing wrong with that, just don't bash anybody else that gets something from the goverment. It would not be good for the economy to have farmers going under. We see it is not good for the economy to see other people loose their jobs and houses either. You only choose to farm to a point. You are still doing it to make money and live even if you could be doing another job. It does seem livestock farmers get little help and have to work harder. Many states having no rain will hurt livestock farmers bad, but cash croppers will still get paid enough to get by. It is not right. What is worse is that some cash croppers think its funny or run down livestock farmers.
Banker, you have ALOT to learn.

Re: hey Landlord July 06, 2012 04:26PM
Banker
Banker, you have ALOT to learn.

I am spent 6 days a week around farmers and my brotherinlaw sells crop insurance. My wife works for the FSA and every cousin I have is a farmer or works for a farmer. My uncle lives in Montana with a 500 head cow calf ranch. I know how bad it is for him right now. He can ride it out because he inherited a bunch of money just like my parents did.

Re: hey Landlord July 06, 2012 01:42AM
301,you are way off topic..The original question was will drought stricken farmers that pull have money to buy parts-etc..Yes,most will if they have adequate crop insurance..There are still places in the US that will have a great corn crop..I'm predicting a 125 bushel average across the US which will get us by..They may lower the ethanol mandate..WE arent going to go hungry yet..

Re: hey Landlord July 06, 2012 03:21PM
if you are so damn smart on the bushels per acre you might want to check out fondas board and read the comments by farmers across the country

Re: hey Landlord July 07, 2012 05:49AM
Sully
if you are so damn smart on the bushels per acre you might want to check out fondas board and read the comments by farmers across the country

I'm not the village idiot..I farmed for over 40 years..I'm on newagtalk alot and from reading on there I think my guess at a 125 bu national average is reasonable at this time..If we go another 2 weeks without rain it may go lower..

Re: hey Landlord July 06, 2012 03:33PM
Landlord
301,you are way off topic..The original question was will drought stricken farmers that pull have money to buy parts-etc..Yes,most will if they have adequate crop insurance..There are still places in the US that will have a great corn crop..I'm predicting a 125 bushel average across the US which will get us by..They may lower the ethanol mandate..WE arent going to go hungry yet..
No I am not way off topic. But I will agree with you on the 125 bu/acre avg..(if that) You are actually lower than the USDA projected 153. By the way, did you look at the msnbc news that I posted? Also, since you posted as Landlord, how did you aquire your land? just curious.

Re: hey Landlord July 07, 2012 05:53AM
Landlord
No I am not way off topic. But I will agree with you on the 125 bu/acre avg..(if that) You are actually lower than the USDA projected 153. By the way, did you look at the msnbc news that I posted? Also, since you posted as Landlord, how did you aquire your land? just curious.

I farmed for 40 years and retired a couple of years ago..I bought some land and inherited some..I still follow farming and the markets very closely..If we go another two weeks without rain I will lower my estimate some more..

Re: hey Landlord July 11, 2012 03:15PM
Landlord
Landlord

I farmed for 40 years and retired a couple of years ago..I bought some land and inherited some..I still follow farming and the markets very closely..If we go another two weeks without rain I will lower my estimate some more..
You are still lower on our estimate than the USDA is. But I will agree with you estimate over the USDA!! In fact, You may be HIGH!!! If you are on nat, you know what I am talking about!

Re: drought or other crop failure July 07, 2012 12:55PM
Just read this whole thread for the first time. The original question was very valid. Literally most of the rest was absolutely disgusting, no, very sickening. And then the 'farmers' wonder why their perception from the public is what it is? I am ashamed to be part of this country's agriculture with what many of the responses were.
"301" thinks he knows it all and makes many accusations, but, that's the way bullies are - he is so sickening! You are no Public Relations person and you would do well to take your own advise and "shut up", and I'll add forever because you do the ag community no justice! The reason "301" you respond so negatively is, is that what "banker" says is so true, that you "301" can't handle the truth. You're the liberal, despite your name bashing.
"Education again" and "Ron D" are also right on with their posts.
So, just last night I read an article on www.agweb.com about crop insurance. (agweb.com is quite an informative site. Many of you would do well to regularly study it.) On average, 36% of the crop insurance payment is paid by the producer. Thus 64% is paid by USDA - thus the government - thus the taxpayers. That has been the underlying point of this thread. Many feel that should not be such. That's the way it is with many 'entitlements'. Will be an interesting fall election.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 07, 2012 03:25PM
sickened
Just read this whole thread for the first time. The original question was very valid. Literally most of the rest was absolutely disgusting, no, very sickening. And then the 'farmers' wonder why their perception from the public is what it is? I am ashamed to be part of this country's agriculture with what many of the responses were.
"301" thinks he knows it all and makes many accusations, but, that's the way bullies are - he is so sickening! You are no Public Relations person and you would do well to take your own advise and "shut up", and I'll add forever because you do the ag community no justice! The reason "301" you respond so negatively is, is that what "banker" says is so true, that you "301" can't handle the truth. You're the liberal, despite your name bashing.
"Education again" and "Ron D" are also right on with their posts.
So, just last night I read an article on www.agweb.com about crop insurance. (agweb.com is quite an informative site. Many of you would do well to regularly study it.) On average, 36% of the crop insurance payment is paid by the producer. Thus 64% is paid by USDA - thus the government - thus the taxpayers. That has been the underlying point of this thread. Many feel that should not be such. That's the way it is with many 'entitlements'. Will be an interesting fall election.
No, you are wrong. I can handle the TRUTH. YOU and BANKER can't!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I disagreed with the farm bail out of 2002!!!! And I never have said I was a "public relations person" . The truth is is that YOU and BANKER want to see the latest and greatest at a pull and be in debt so you 2 can complain about how easy ALL FARMERS HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Re: drought or other crop failure July 08, 2012 06:24AM
in my area most tractor pullers arnt even farmers. most of them run a business that supplies farmers with products and or service and make a killing off of them. farmers may make a lot of money at times and when they do everyone else is raising their prices to take advantage of them and make a killing and then they can build the latest and greatest pulling tractors around and ya know what -no one cares because it is the American way.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 08, 2012 06:29AM
You all should stop and listen to your selves... Most Americans work hard and appreciatte what they have. To Banker... Do you have anything at home parked in the garage that you are proud of??? If so how did u get it?? By having a job at the bank ? Working for it? Would you have this if u didnt have a "job"? No, u needed help.. U needed customers for u to have a job.. My point is u work for it, the american farmer works for it to. Y cant the farmer have somthing that he is proud of? I dont farm, but work with them everyday in the Ag business.. Tractor pulling is extremely expensive, but i would venture to guess that the pullers in the High dollar pulling classes aka pro stock, limited pros, super stocks and pro stock diesel trucks have either another business to help support it, or secondly have some really good sponsors that help.. Or are 2nd or 3rd generation farmers that own the land they farm and have a opportunity to go do something they enjoy.. And then u have the ones that took the old 4430 or 1066 off the bush hog and started putting a little money in it here and there and worked there way up.And there are some that pull that dnt even farm. Look at Miles blog about the "Driller". Guess my point is, if we all have a job and work for it, y does people like the banker bash them. I hope like hell he doesnt have a item in the garage he is proud of, and i hope like hell he stays at home and spends no $ on anything, bc in all rights he is spending our $$$. Just sayin

Re: drought or other crop failure July 08, 2012 09:26AM
All you fruits on here don't get any of my points. There is nothing wrong with a farmer doing well, having a new pickup, or an expensive pulling tractor. There is also nothing wrong with them getting crop insurance with all of our tax money or any kind of grant or subsidy. The problem I have is how they act toward other Americans. This has gotten so much worse in the last 5-10 years. Farmers 20 and 30 years ago did not act like they do now. If you go out to breakfast or luch where I live all you hear is how they are the hardest working, under paid, most taken advantage people in the world. They say this while the rest of the world is at work during the day. Then they start talking entitlements and how nobody else that works deserves anything they have, but farmers worked for what they have. Unemployment insurance is wrong and crop insurace is right and so on. It seems most farmers would crap on their neighbor and even fellow farmers. I think most grandparents and great grandparents would not be happy how their families act these days. I remeber when farmers would do about anything for their non farm neighbor and non farmer neighbors would do about anything for them. They used to stand up for each other too when one was getting screwed, Now it seems more for me and screw you. I have a freind that bought a Big M haybine. All summer long he cuts hay. He says it is the same story at every farm he goes to. Every converastion starts out with those lazy no good people that work in town that get everything given to them. Then the coversation ends with you charge too much to cut my hay and even though I was told the price after the hay is cut I want to work out a better deal.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 08, 2012 02:26PM
"They start talking entitlements and how nobody deserves anything they have but farmers worked for what they have "

Replace the word farmers with any other occupation, but especially bankers as of 2008, and you are describing a group

whose hypocrisy has poisoned the last two decades of U.S. politics. They are everywhere but people don't recognize or talk about

the "elephant" in the room. The elephant is this group of people's symbol.

Jake,if this post doesn't last I understand. The truth,however, remains.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 08, 2012 11:12PM
This whole post sounds like the have-nots whining about the haves, must be Obama supporters

Re: drought or other crop failure July 08, 2012 03:18PM
Banker
All you fruits on here don't get any of my points. There is nothing wrong with a farmer doing well, having a new pickup, or an expensive pulling tractor. There is also nothing wrong with them getting crop insurance with all of our tax money or any kind of grant or subsidy. The problem I have is how they act toward other Americans. This has gotten so much worse in the last 5-10 years. Farmers 20 and 30 years ago did not act like they do now. If you go out to breakfast or luch where I live all you hear is how they are the hardest working, under paid, most taken advantage people in the world. They say this while the rest of the world is at work during the day. Then they start talking entitlements and how nobody else that works deserves anything they have, but farmers worked for what they have. Unemployment insurance is wrong and crop insurace is right and so on. It seems most farmers would crap on their neighbor and even fellow farmers. I think most grandparents and great grandparents would not be happy how their families act these days. I remeber when farmers would do about anything for their non farm neighbor and non farmer neighbors would do about anything for them. They used to stand up for each other too when one was getting screwed, Now it seems more for me and screw you. I have a freind that bought a Big M haybine. All summer long he cuts hay. He says it is the same story at every farm he goes to. Every converastion starts out with those lazy no good people that work in town that get everything given to them. Then the coversation ends with you charge too much to cut my hay and even though I was told the price after the hay is cut I want to work out a better deal.
Banker, here is an Idea. Don't go out to breakfast or lunch where you hear that crap.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 09, 2012 10:45AM
Please just pray for rain

Re: drought or other crop failure July 09, 2012 02:39PM
I have been bad dry.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 09, 2012 03:14PM
Don't forget to thank him for what you have!

Re: drought or other crop failure July 09, 2012 03:53PM
I have never forgotten that either.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 10, 2012 02:42AM
Just because the group of farmers where you eat breakfast and lunch are that way doesn't mean we are all like that.

I have an idee July 10, 2012 07:07AM
I think Morgans should move this thread to "whoreallygivesacrapaboutyourwhininandbitchin.com"
That way a ton more truck and tractor pulling discussion could go on here.

Re: I have an idee July 10, 2012 07:48AM
Good Idea

Re: drought or other crop failure July 10, 2012 10:48AM
casepuller900
Just because the group of farmers where you eat breakfast and lunch are that way doesn't mean we are all like that.

I by no means think every farmer is a prick. There are still some that are the nicest hard working people people in America. 20 years ago I would say 90% were like that. Today I would put it at 10%. It is not just farmers either. It seems the culture of the US today is be rottent to your fellow American and it is a sin to help people that nead help. Sink or swim your on your own and there is enough for me and not for you.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 10, 2012 03:08PM
Banker
casepuller900

I by no means think every farmer is a prick. There are still some that are the nicest hard working people people in America. 20 years ago I would say 90% were like that. Today I would put it at 10%. It is not just farmers either. It seems the culture of the US today is be rottent to your fellow American and it is a sin to help people that nead help. Sink or swim your on your own and there is enough for me and not for you.
If you really feel that way, then quit loaning money to the bto farmer. You youself may not be doing that but alot of your counterparts are. Sickened probabaly won't like my comment, but that is HIS problem.

Re: drought or other crop failure July 11, 2012 02:03AM
Hey Banker, Just in case you forgot what they do... Watch this video.. .[youtu.be]

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009