Losing the battle May 17, 2012 03:38AM
I just received an update from the Schade family that John is losing his battle against cancer. John has gone home from the hospital is under hospice cage and the medical people told the family he has maybe a week to live. John had the Red Edge superfarm that he pulled with the Outlaws. I am asking all of the pulling community to remember the Schade family at this very difficult time.

Re:"Sweet on Life" Pulling for a Cure Tractor Pull May 17, 2012 06:35AM
After reading the message below about Johnny Schade, I feel compelled to get up on my soap box. On July 7 of 2011 I was diagnosed with stage 1 seminoma testicular cancer, and had surgery Monday July 11 to remove the lump. Before surgery my tumor markers were at 61, but after the surgery my urologist said the tumor was contained and the tumor markers were less than one. A person wants their numbers less than 1, 2 to 5 is acceptable, and anything over that needs to be taken care of. After the surgery to remove the lump I was referred to the Sanford Hematology and Oncology clinic of Sioux Falls SD for further observation because even with contained tumors cancer cells can still escape into the blood stream. During one of my scans and x-rays it was also discovered that I had a spot in my lung that needed to be looked at. My Oncologist, Urologist, and now Pulmonologist were not deeply concerned because what they saw was not uncommon for someone who farms, but since cancer is in my medical history they have to look. I had a biopsy on that spot, which came back clear, but my lung collapsed so I got spend the night in the Hospital with a garden hose of a tube sticking out of my chest. Monday, August 22 was my one month checkup which also came back clear, so I didn't have to come back for three months. During my three month checkup on Nov 22 it was discovered my tumor markers had jumped to 7 but my chest X-rays and CT scans were clear so we had a pet scan done which discovered an enlarged lymph node. So after a final recomendation and second opinion from the Mayo Clinic it was decided that we do chemotherapy, which I began on Feb 6 and ended April 3 of this year. After another pet scan on May 10 and blood work May 11, the tumor markers are still less than one and the pet scan came back clean. My point is I am one of the lucky ones, testicular cancer has a 95 percent cure rate, and a lot of my doctors, nurses, and physcians have told me if your gonna get cancer
thats the one because they can get it. There are a lot of people out there that are not so lucky, so I ask for your help in fighting this horrible disease. Friday June, 1 there is a test and tune truck and tractor pull in Rock Valley, Iowa at 6:30 P.M. All of the entry fee, concession stands, gate fee, and whatever other shennanigans they come up with, are donated to the American Cancer Society. It's some of the most fun you will ever have at a tractor pull, with some of the best pork loin sandwhiches, and pizza around, a pedal pull for the kids, and a few other suprises. If your a fan come watch, if your a puller come down and hook, you won't be disappointed. We have Farm Stock, 3000rpm, Great Plains new Pro-Farm, and Super Farm classes, but no matter what type of vehicle you pull whether it be truck or tractor we will find a spot for you. Hope to see you there Smoke flies at 6:30 P.M. unless anybody decides to come try out there unlimited alcohol super stockers, modifieds, or two wheel drives then it just starts at 6:30 P.M.

Sincerely

Tim Blankespoor, Scrap Iron Express Pulling Team

P.S. Mike Dunklau your in our thoughts and prayers, hope your getting better and we get to see the Big "Burning Bucks" John Deere out on the track this summer.
John and Linda Schade we pray that God will suround you with his grace and comfort during this difficult time, and you guys are also in our thoughts and prayers.

Re: Re:"Sweet on Life" Pulling for a Cure Tractor Pull May 17, 2012 02:12PM
Seeings how this is the 10th anniversary of the Sweet on Life pull in Rock Valley, and for myself, it will be 8 years in December since I was diagnosed with cancer, I'm hoping I can get everything worked out to be in attendance, with the tractor, in Rock Valley this year. I had a form of chondrosarcoma in my upper right arm, which was only able to be rid from me with the loss of the entire arm. Before that, I had done just a little stock tractor pulling, but one of the main reasons I ever started building the other 1206, was to simply prove to myself that I could still do the things I did before. Almost eight years have passed, the 1206 looks to be complete for this season, I'd really like to get a test hook in before we start, so I can't think of a much better reason for myself to head to Rock Valley.

Re: Re:"Sweet on Life" Pulling for a Cure Tractor Pull May 17, 2012 02:40PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome we would love to have you and the fact you pull a red one doesn't hurt eitherWinking

Re: Losing the battle May 17, 2012 07:29AM
I moved this up to the top for the very simple reason that cancer, like juvenile diabetes that Jake admirably supports, is an invasive and destructive disease that everyone knows someone who has had it or has lost their life to it. Last year I saw two battles of it, one where a dear friend and ambassador to antique pulling Crane Collier lost his battle on May 14th 2011. The other battle was a friend from childhood who caught their cancer early and is blessed with good health today. Many folks remain in the middle of these two scenarios, and I applaud promoters and pullers who direct their efforts to support initiatives to find a cure. There will be several events I'm sure like the Rock Valley event mentioned above this summer, and I also want to mention the BOB pull in Elizabethtown, KY in October, promoted by Tim Hornback to raise awareness here at home.

In the meantime, keep your hearts and minds on those who are within our family and friend circles-be it personal or pulling families, and support events like these when you can!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Losing the battle May 18, 2012 11:19PM
I just received an email from the family that John passed away last night.

Re: Losing the battle May 19, 2012 12:08AM
I just received this information:
Family visitation will be from 5-8:00 pm Monday evening at the Zion Luthern Church in Humbolt, Iowa. The funeral will be at 11:00 am Tuesday morning at Zion Luthern in Humbolt, Iowa.

Re: Losing the battle May 19, 2012 01:41AM
Thanks for the updates on Pulloff Dick, all of us who were fortunate enough to get to know him are certainly going to miss him.
Let's all remember to pray for Linda and the family in this tough time.

Re: Losing the battle May 19, 2012 09:49AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with linda and family. We will surely miss John, he was a great guy always ready to help and talk, we will miss him at the cancer benefit pull on june1, but he wil be in our thoughts

Re: Losing the battle May 19, 2012 04:26PM
John and I had been in pulling against each other for the last 8 years. He treated myself and my sons as family and we will truely miss him. May god give his family the strength to go thru this time in there life

Re: Losing the battle May 20, 2012 01:38AM
It was pretty cool how we got to know John. My brother, father and I attended the IH collectors association winter convention in Waterloo IA back in January of 2009 which the Iowa Chapter 5 collectors were the host of. John was a member of Chapter 5 and on the comittee for putting on the show. Anyways we were planning to leave Saturday morning for home and my car wouldn't start. So back to the arena information desk for help, the guy at the front desk said oh I will grab my crown vic and give you guys a jump. So we got the car started, he wouldn't take any money, thanked us for coming to the show, and we were on our way home. We figured that was the last we saw of this guy, until Hinton Outlaw tractor pull later that summer. I was walking throught the pits that day with my two tractor pulling cohorts Phil and La Rae Erickson, when we seen this new 88 series super farm sitting next to a trailer. I thought to myself boy that sure looks like Doug Horall's(sorry about butchering the spelling of the last name)old super stocker. So we went and introduced ourselves to the owner and his wife, he said I'm John Schade and this is my wife Linda, and he was more than willing to talk with us and answer questions. Meanwhile throughout the whole conversation I'm thinking I should know this guy from somewhere. After we walked away all of a sudden it hit me, that's the guy who jumped our car at Red Power in Waterloo. So I walked back and asked him if he remembered jump starting anybodies car at the Winter Convention on Sat morning and he then realized it too. He also said "the whole time we were talking I thought you looked familiar", and a great friendship was born. We got to visit with him at the Sweet on Life Benefit pull every year, and the Rock Valley Outlaw pull every year since then, and any other outlaw pulls we went to. John and his wife were great people to visit with and he will surely be missed.

Re: Losing the battle May 20, 2012 03:55AM
When I started pulling with the Outlaws several years ago, John was one of the first pullers to come up to me, introduce himself and welcome me to the Outlaws. John and Linda were always the first persons I went looking for to say hi and talk to when I got to a pull. I really missed seeing them at the pulls last year when John's health prevented him from pulling. John always had a smile on his face, even when things weren't always going well health wise for him. As others have stated, he will truly be missed.

My sincerest sympathies to Linda and the rest of the Schade family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Pat Irlbeck

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms