next new indoor pull January 21, 2009 04:08PM
two tracks
southern nebr
no sleds
track one will use a twelve foot tall stanley tape measure with a new experimental retraction spring (no need for laser)
track two will use bow flex technology
all pullers will be checked for good brakes and insurance (life)
trucks pull first

Re: next new indoor pull January 22, 2009 01:02AM
Is Jeff Denton promoting this pull?

Re: next new indoor pull January 22, 2009 01:26AM
He sure is !!!!
And every other class is full, but YOUR class only has 6 signed up, so all your class will get to pull both nights !!!!!!!

Re: next new indoor pull January 22, 2009 03:41AM
So, do I make my entry fee check out directly to Jeff then? You gotta admit he can sell crap to a pig farmer! I will say that I almost sent him a check the last time he ran this scam. But then I realized that I was not retarded.

Re: next new indoor pull January 22, 2009 03:53AM
I wish some one would do a indoor pull in nebraska that had trucks and tractors in it. It is a long winter just watchin tapes of what happened last year.

Re: next new indoor pull January 22, 2009 03:59AM
Couldn't agree more. But where is an indoor venue large enough to have a decent pull like Gordyville, for example? There has to be someplace comparable somewhere in Nebraska. The Quest Center in Omaha is plenty big enough. Checked into it, a full 300' track could be made. The ballpark cost quote I was given by the Qwest management company made me sick to my stomach though!

Re: next new indoor pull January 22, 2009 08:23AM
How about the lancaster fair grounds thats big. Might have to run a little bit short but might work and would be cheaper then the quest center

Re: next new indoor pull January 22, 2009 01:41PM
What about the Mid America Center accross the river in Council Bluffs. Looks like 240'.

[www.midamericacenter.com]

Re: next new indoor pull January 22, 2009 12:18PM
Ok "Ripper" put down the Busch and step away from the fridge- nobody has to get hurt.

Re: next new indoor pull January 23, 2009 04:34AM
What about the Civic Area? had tractor pulls there in the past. As long mr denton has nothing to do with it, i think it would work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2009 04:35AM by brianfuhr.

Re: next new indoor pull January 23, 2009 06:46AM
Mid America center probably too small. Checked into it. 240' track max. No warm up room for tractors. Only one door big enough in and out. Would be annoying bottle neck. Civic center in Omaha; even smaller yet. Quest Center? Ya right. They're pretty proud of that place and not afraid to charge for it. Besides; the hoitie toities might get some of that filthy country dust and tractor soot on their patten leather shoes. It's run by a bunch of obama-ites, pelozi-ites, gore-ites, frank-ites, biden-ites, clinton-ites, kennedy-ites (get the picture?).

Re: next new indoor pull January 23, 2009 09:05AM
How do you big tractor boys know Jeff Denton, dont tell me he tried to get into your sport? If so dont tell me he promised to buy someones tractor and maybe even gave them a "check". I would love to hear some details? I have some of my own, from all over the US in our sport. I am laughing my ass off seeing his name in this thread.

Re: next new indoor pull January 23, 2009 09:42AM
The Civic Center in Omaha is big enough to have a pull in it , from the late 70's till the early 90's they had truck and tractor pulls there , they also had 3 or 4 monster trucks at the same time .Not much room for the tractors and trucks , at the most I think there was about 35 to 40 tractors and trucks along side of the track . It was usually the first or second weekend of January when it was colder then c##p outside . I was there for close to 10 years and had a lot of fun doing it and could tell a lot of stories about things that happened that weekend , but we will save them for another time !!

Re: next new indoor pull January 23, 2009 09:53AM
I think it would be fun to get pulling back into the Civic! Or somewhere close to Nebraska, but the only place big enough is the Quest.

Re: next new indoor pull January 23, 2009 11:48AM
How about Lincoln, where the fairgrounds used to be. Oh wait! that hasn't happened yet!

Re: next new indoor pull January 26, 2009 01:16AM
Well im up for anything if its in Nebraska! All we need to do now is file for some government assistance, Obama will pay for the whole damn thing!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009