DT360 turbo setup May 23, 2012 01:53PM
I asked about this last winter. We are done using this tractor for this summer,we are wanting to replace the M and W setup with something that flows better. I think I received some info from Gonzo1066. Would sure like to chat again. Thanks.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 24, 2012 01:40AM
you can modify a cummins manifold to work, and it is alot cheaper than the hard to find dt360 turbo manifold. the center to center distance of the ports are the same but you need to elongate the bolt holes and open the bore up on the manifold to mate to your head. most of these manifolds are t03 flange so all you need is an adapter to mate the t04 flange. Gonzo has a nice setup and he can tell you more about it, we have spoke alot about this topic an both want to try this. I currently have the cummins manifold to do this to also. good luck

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 24, 2012 01:12PM
Yeah I purchased a Cummins manifold. Comparing it to a new gasket, it looks like the edges will get very thin to match the ports to the head. I haven't pulled the original IH manifold so it may not be as bad as it looks. Gonzo sent me a picture of the manifold he manufactured last winter. I would sure like to see more and have more details. Wow what a great job fabricating this manifold! I wonder if anyone has tried the Cummins manifold and how it compares to Gonzo's setup?

Thanks

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 25, 2012 04:40AM
We installed the Cummins manifold on a dt360 in my buddies 666 works like a dream. nice easy install no big deal at all.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 26, 2012 04:35AM
I built my 300 series turbo manifold out of a truck round 2 piece manifold and a 400 series tractor manifold. Turned the truck manifold upside down, cut the turbo flange off and welded the tractor T4 flange in place. Looks stock, flows great. I have tried to find more of the round 300 truck manifolds and have been unsucessful. I will try to post some photos if the manifold when I get back home. The Cummins 24manifold should be easy to come by. You will have to do some port matching to make it match up. A T-3 to T4 adapter plate is easy to come by. ATS makes a 24v 2 piece manifold with a T-4 flange [www.atsdiesel.com]

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 26, 2012 11:32AM
Thanks ,Gonzo Can,t wait to see your pictures. What's your thoughts about your manifold's performance versus the Cummins. Also,are only some of the 360 truck manifolds round and if so ,would you know what application they are off of? Thanks again,I'm hoping to do this right the first time,I appreciate all the help.

Re: DT360 turbo setup With PHOTO May 26, 2012 11:54AM
I am not sure of the vintage or the HP application of the manifold I used. I assume that it was a school bus engine. I think that the best flow you would have is with the ports correctly matched to the head. However the flow of the ATS Cummins manifold has to be superior IMHO. IF I could find another round 2 piece IH truck manifold I would be interested in fabbing a copy of my first unit. HOWEVER I would expect the finished product to be more expensive than the ATS Cummins.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2012 06:23AM by gonzo 1066.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 28, 2012 06:17AM
I know that this shot does not show any of the actual construction. But as you can see from the outside view it really looks factory. Will try to post the inside ugly shot too.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 28, 2012 12:50PM
Great pictures.These will really help. Very nice job building this manifold. Got a line on a possible truck manifold like this ,but haven't seen it yet.Will post results. Thanks again.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 28, 2012 02:42PM
This one took quite a bit of planning before I made the first cut. Lucky for me the cuts on both manifolds came out right the first time. Took just a bit of fitting and started welding. I welded with a mig. just did a short 1/2" weld on a side then PEENED THE POOP out of it while it was hot before welding another 1/2" pass. I did not have any cracking or undue pulling.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 29, 2012 01:28PM
OK ,getting closer with your help. Will have both manifolds by the end of the week. I'm a little concerned about the inside(ugly side). Did you have to use a filler plate between the two manifolds or were you able to directly match? Also, did you use mild steel or other wire to weld? I have both mig and stick .I've built two other manifolds for other applications ,used stick with stainless rods,but was welding mild steel turbo mounting plate to cast iron manifold.Both have worked well,but what are your thoughts? I really appreciate all the help. Thanks.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 29, 2012 02:42PM
I measured 15 times and cut once.Smiling The ends fit nicely together. I beveled the ends and tig welded with mild steel .035 wire. I did lots of peening on every weld and I have has no cracking. You will have to do a bit of die grinding inside to make sure that there are no bits that will break off and ruin your turbo.. If you need to talk directly about it call me at 360-988-2401 Mornings are better for me. I am on the pacific coast so allow the 2 hr difference.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 29, 2012 05:30PM
I think Ed Leaman is having some of those manifolds made.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 30, 2012 01:19AM
redrider
I think Ed Leaman is having some of those manifolds made.

Yes Ed has been working towards that, The last time I talked to him there was a bit of a hold on the program.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 30, 2012 01:50PM
Yes there is a hold up on the progress because of money. The last time I spoke with Ed he told me that if he got a few guys to help put up the money so it wasn't all out of his pocket it would help. So my suggestion is start calling and askin the questions, I will do the same because I have been talking with him on this for over a year now. Maybe if enough of us call he will get the ball rolling?

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 30, 2012 02:42PM
Yeah, I talked with Ed Leaman last winter . He took my name and number ,and said he would contact me, haven't heard anything back. I tried to call him back with no success. That would probably be the best way to go. In the meantime , going to try to gather parts together ,and do the best we can. If anyone finds anything out about this please post and let us know.I have one more question.Does anybody know if exhaust ports on 360 agricultural head are square or round,and how do they compare in size to the 414? The reason I ask ,is the ports are round on the 360 truck manifold I found.

Re: DT360 turbo setup May 30, 2012 03:20PM
As far as I know the truck and AG heads have the same port shape.

Re: DT360 turbo setup With PHOTO May 30, 2012 03:17PM
Looks just like my truck manifold I turned upside down .had to build a spacer to level it back up not a big deal .

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM