atlas tractor May 24, 2012 11:23AM
Experiences with them. Hasn't been well for me so far.

Re: atlas tractor May 24, 2012 01:28PM
Why is that

Re: atlas tractor May 24, 2012 01:49PM
Carl is the man!!!!!

Re: atlas tractor May 24, 2012 01:59PM
My stuff has been ordered for going on 5 months. I know he does great work, that's why I went with him. But no one picks up the phone and I said I was going to get my stuff a week ago. And now when ih talk to him he is just finishing it and shipping it that night. Just frustrated first hook on saturday. All I. Ask is just tell me what's going on.

Re: atlas tractor May 24, 2012 02:00PM
Got a 3 speed from carl this winter nice parts and resonable priced.

Re: atlas tractor May 24, 2012 02:22PM
I'm not saying he does bad work. Everything I have seen is a great job for a great price. It is just a communication deal.

Re: atlas tractor May 24, 2012 03:06PM
I think it is better if he already has the parts you need on the shelf. If they are not made yet it can be hectic. Every time I call it sounds like the entire shop is running in the background. There's only so many hours in the day.

Re: atlas tractor May 24, 2012 08:30PM
When you get tired of waiting for someone else to do it for you, you will figure it out for yourself. After you get hooked up locally with someone to make parts for you, nobody will call to have the same thing made. They will just complain about the price to have it made 1000 miles away,and wait for a year or longer to have it.

Re: atlas tractor May 25, 2012 09:00PM
Karl did our tranny and did a great job . Karl knows what you need to get ya down the track.
And what will and will not work . That in its self is worth the wait good parts take time .....

Re: atlas tractor May 25, 2012 11:00PM
I know that. But when he says they are done and shipping them out, then the following week you ask where that are and the response is still not done. Just tell me that to begin with.

Re: atlas tractor May 26, 2012 04:23AM
ha thats not just carl. Thats what i hear when i talk to about 80% of my parts,pump,turbo suppliers. its a pulling thing, just have to learn to somewhat deal with it. everyone says 2 weeks when they know it will be a month. im not complaining its just my experience

Re: atlas tractor May 27, 2012 11:35AM
to redman,,,i have dealt with carl a long time, i have never had an issue,,great parts and really not bad in price, always answers any questions we have.if you call and let a message,,he has always called us back,,,sometimes within minutes,so keep u p the good work atlas

Re: atlas tractor May 27, 2012 04:24PM
Carl and atlas needle put needle bearings in my 460 rear. Last year recieved on time works great.

Re: atlas tractor May 27, 2012 04:32PM
All Carl would have to do is buy some advertising on pulloff and the all negative posts would be deleted. I know you read this Carl so just pay off the internet tractor pulling gods.

Re: atlas tractor May 28, 2012 12:36AM
First, nobody has purchased advertising from me (yet). I haven't sold any yet because I still need to work a few bugs out before I offer advertising for sale. The ads you see on the page were a way for me to thank people who donated to my Diabetes fundraiser. I needed some ads to test my advertising setup so I figured I'd reward the people who have supported some of the charity events I attend and use their free ads as a sort of beta test.

Second, when people eventually do buy advertising space… page users will still be able to post their honest experiences on the page. I will always allow negative posts as long as they follow the guidelines of the page.

As for you making it sound like there are a ton of negative posts… well I read this thread and I see one or two people who have had a negative experience with Atlas (one guy didn't leave his contact info so he got deleted). Redpuller460 seems to have a legitimate complaint about lead time, he isn't bashing anyone and he isn't complaining about the product, he just wishes it was delivered in a more timely fashion (and I have his real name and all his contact info so he followed the page guidelines perfectly). To me his complaints seem very legitimate and it's common among many builders in this sport. He was just trying to find out if it was common with Atlas or if his experince was an anomaly.

Personally I think Atlas has received some great support on this thread and I think the positive comments far outweigh the negative. After reading this thread I'd have no problem doing business with Atlas (but I would make sure we had a very firm and realistic delivery date agreed upon, but I'd want that with any builder).

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,666, Posts: 229,748, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,926.

Our newest member JD_8520