wisner August 22, 2009 12:55PM
Anybody have sat afternoon results. Also heard that someone was killed last night at around 4 in the morning hitting a obstacle with 4 wheeler

Re: wisner accident August 22, 2009 01:44PM
[www.norfolkdailynews.com]

Re: wisner accident August 23, 2009 04:03AM
This is a very sad thing for the pulling world,we pullers we are a different breed of people seeking adventure and the adrenaline rush as well as the competion factor in every aspect of our lives.I am sure what was a very fun filled night turned very tragic.it is time to send up prayers for all of the familys,

Re: wisner accident August 23, 2009 05:31AM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Williams family...
NightMare Pulling Team
Dan, Tom, and Shelby

Re: wisner accident August 23, 2009 07:51AM
Travis was a great guy who loved this sport. He will be missed. Our condolences to Tina, the kids, and all of the families affected by this. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything at all.

YES DEERE... Pulling Team
Bryan, Chris, Erin, & Nicole

Re: wisner accident August 23, 2009 03:44PM
What did he pull,or which team was he involved with

Re: wisner accident August 23, 2009 11:31PM
travis was with the bad kitty pulling team , he was a great guy always willing to help u out , tina if u need anything now or a year from now ill be there

Re: wisner accident August 24, 2009 09:26AM
Our deepest thoughts and prayers go out to all the people and families involved in this unfortunate accident.

On that same note lets keep this in our minds and use this as a reminder on how easy it is to lose a life. If you see someone that shouldn't be operating something, say so, offer to give them a ride back to their respected area! Maybe the Outlaws need to adopt a rule similar to what NTPA has.

"All 4-wheelers, golf carts and any support vehicles must be parked 1 hour after the conclusion of each evening session at all events."

Re: wisner accident August 24, 2009 10:44AM
when you go to a pull and they give you one armband for a pitpass and another one for drinking,,,,, somethins' goin' to happen....... I feel real sorry for the unfortunate ones

Re: wisner accident August 24, 2009 02:14PM
Doesn't the outlaws have that rule in there rule book under general rules #15.

Re: wisner accident August 24, 2009 02:28PM
In the 2009 USPA rule book, that is supposed to apply to Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pullers;

Page 27

#13,,,,, (this part is even in bold print), All support vehicles must be parked 1 hour after the conclusion of each evening session at all events.

Re: wisner accident August 24, 2009 04:29PM
was this even a support vehicle for any team or was it locally brought in by someone at the pull? otherwise that rule wouldn't apply.

Re: wisner accident August 24, 2009 04:42PM
Well, ya gotta do some reading and looking and remembering, (or write it down like I had to), but if you read the article about who was driving the 4 wheeler, and look at friday's results on the Outlaw's web page, you will see the same name.
This is also why Outlaw members are "required" to have liability insurance on their support vehicles.
Only costs me $75.00 a year, and after this deal, it sounds very cheap!

Re: wisner accident August 24, 2009 08:58PM
There nothing good that's going to come of messin around on a 4-wheeler at 4 in the morning, specially when you're drunk. I hope they clamp down on all this stuff , what a waste!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2009 09:55PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: wisner accident August 25, 2009 12:18AM
The sad thing about this mess is that someone died because of there own stupid actions. The results are even more stupid
1. I'm guessing someone is going to get sued. As stupid as that sound it will happen. Will it be the outlaws, the town, the pull event or even the promoters? Who knows, but someone will get sued. The funny thing is, NO one made them do what they did. They got drunk and stupid.
2. This will affect pulling in general. There will be a "dumb ass after pull drinking and 4 wheeling rule" I'm guessing that all pulling orginizations will look at this and "try" not to let it happen again. It will affect how 4 wheelers are used at pulls
3. This will affect a well run pull. I hope that it would not kill the pull, but you know it will change it. The security guards were do such a great job keeping pullers from watching the track before they pull, some of that effort should have been put towards shutting down the pull.
4. There is a little boy that is with out a dad. That alone is sad (I was told he had a son) The one we should feel sorry for is him
5. You can't fix stupid. What happen is stupid to say the least. A lot of lives were affected that night by the actions of 3.
6. Go forward, Learn from the mistakes and let them not happen again.
7. Let it go. You can't blame Outlaw, the pull or the people putting on the pull. They had no control over what happen
With that all said, bury the guy, say a prayer for his soul and family. Go on and the next time you see something stupid going on, stand up, chew there ass and stop the tragidy before it happens

Re: wisner accident August 25, 2009 05:05AM
Unfortunately Travis has 4 kids and a wife. The youngest child will turn 1 next month.

It is a very unfortunate situation for the Williams, Kreikmeier, & Smeal families as well as the Outlaws and pulling world in general.

Re: wisner accident August 25, 2009 11:56AM
Ntpa may have a rule stating that support vehicles are to be parked 1 hour after the show but it is not enforced. I've been given a ride back to my camper on the gator in the wee hours of the morning at Tomah more that once,

Re: wisner accident August 25, 2009 02:49PM
Sounds like "EVERY" group has rules that they "DONT" enforce. Its pretty sad that it takes a death for people to even think about the rule.

Re: wisner accident August 25, 2009 03:25PM
THINK about it a minute, who the heck is going to "enforce" the rule?
ALL the tech. people had to be up to run a pull the next day, they are in bed.
Same with the promoters and most volunteers.
"Security" would catch holy heck if they tried to shut the 4 wheelers down.
The rule is there to be followed, voluntarily, and with some common sense.
I think you will find it has saved K&K a settlement already this year, because of the rule being in the NTPA rule book.
The rule IS in the Outlaws rule book as well as USPA rule book, both of them apply to Outlaws members, even "per event" members.
I just hope the person with the 4 wheeler had the required liability coverage.

Re: wisner accident August 25, 2009 03:43PM
The Norfolk newspapers later artical states the private security guards had told him to park it and that he did for a time.

I haven't heard if it was the tent at the north end of the track or one of the tents at the south end?

Re: wisner accident August 25, 2009 03:57PM
He was told 3 times to park it. Security should have thrown him out or called the law what the @#$%& is security for when they keep letting you go. Maybe security was in the vip to long. Along with all the 8 yr old kids, what a @#$%& joke. No place like Tomah!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,764, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,940.

Our newest member JD_8520