Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 05, 2012 03:59AM
We have a small pulling group that has a $300 grievance fee on a cubic inch rule. The problem is... it's easy to throw accusations but no cash ever gets put up. Now the board has decided to pump everyone and put a seal on the engine to prevent tampering. I feel this is for fun and is getting carried away. Please give some opinions on this matter! Thanks!

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 05, 2012 06:09AM
I think if there is anyone who has a problem with an association testing for cubic inches, or any rules. They are probably cheating. It may be "for fun", but some people take fair rules very serious and do not like being cheated out of position and or money. Personally, I see cheating as being little different than stealing. With that said, there may be some rules which may be interpreted different by different people, but obviously cubic inches is not one of them.

Bret Powell

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 05, 2012 09:24AM
USA-EAST does this with our 540 cubic inch gasoline 4x4 truck division. all trucks running for points must be checked prior to collecting points. any other truck that wins an event must be pumped prior to receiving any money. all engines are sealed at the time of pumping. this has worked very well and has mostly eliminated the 'he's a cheater' rhetoric.

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 05, 2012 10:41AM
our group has decided to either have your engine measured-head off or pumped head on, just acquiring said pump measurement device has caused some strange behavior among some? pan is then sealed through 2 bolts! It is somewhat of a hassle to get done with the distance between some pullers shop though! you are right that it used to be fun!

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 05, 2012 11:25AM
While pulling is for fun--it's certainly not to become rich--Bret is right that pullers don't like being cheated out of position and money. It's sad that the accusations got so bad that EVERYONE has to be checked now. If you're so confident that someone is cheating, then at least have the huevos to pony up the cash. While it is a hassle, it does ensure that everyone is playing by the rules.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 06, 2012 01:57AM
It's worth the trouble for a couple reasons. Foremost, it eliminates the "he's got a big motor" whining back and forth. Secondly, and just as beneficial, you may be surprised at just how effective such a rule is at bringing the field back closer together, or who may choose to go pull elsewhere if faced with such an inspection.

American Farm Pullers Association June 06, 2012 04:30AM
Boy I shur hope the american farm pullers association here in southeast Ohio dont start using one for the profarm class. They dont check CID and some just build what they want, so to compete I just upped my CID to 622. The rule is 585 CID so if they start checking I will have to pull somewhere they dont!!!Sad

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 07, 2012 12:46PM
I hear they'res gonna be some protesting this year. Might get interesting.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 07, 2012 03:44PM
Oh really! I hope everyone protests each other. Then we can have one big tare down party. Your place or mine? I will provide the beer. If everyone is over CID though who will put on the show? Maybe we should just make it open CID instead.Beer

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 08, 2012 06:07AM
gang bang
Grinning
Oh really! I hope everyone protests each other. Then we can have one big tare down party. Your place or mine? I will provide the beer. If everyone is over CID though who will put on the show? Maybe we should just make it open CID instead.Beer
Smoking

Im game! Lets do it. Heads off mine right now. Be sure you bring the budwiser. You did say you was bringin the beer didnt you? Lmao

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 07, 2012 03:52PM
OR NOT! You have to have some ( Berry's ) to put up a protest and Im not talking about the cam guy.Grinning

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 20, 2012 05:56AM
The profarm class in the AFPA is dead. Nobody has any brains that runs the club just a bunch of red necks. They have lost 3 possibly 4 tractors at this point. There is not enouph to put on a good show and if I was booking a club this would not be it. I think maybe they should change the rules again to make this class even more costly and that will get more pullers to build for this joke of a club.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 20, 2012 08:53AM
Glad you feel that way. The dumb rednecks that run the club are getting tired Jeff. Maybe you could come down and straighten it all out and be president. As far as the rules go, the 3x3 rules passed by a very small margin and i didnt see any of you guys vote against it. I did so i dont wanna hear it. The guys that pull in the class made the rules not the dumb rednecks that run the club.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 20, 2012 09:38AM
First off wrong guy and secondly NOBODY MAKES YOU! SO JUST QUIT !!!!!

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 20, 2012 01:47PM
And why would i quit? Loosers quit. I dont win and im far from winning but i dont just give up! Thats whats wrong with people. They just quit.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 21, 2012 12:15AM
sled sports
And why would i quit? Loosers quit. I dont win and im far from winning but i dont just give up! Thats whats wrong with people. They just quit.

I have to agree with this. Everybody can't be winners all the time. The ones that just want to have fun are the ones that stick it out in the end. I enjoy being able to pull and compete. AFPA has got some good tractors and you should all see a good show at Caldwell, OH tomorrow night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2012 12:29AM by Deeremaniac.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 21, 2012 02:47AM
Hope all goes well for all the classes the next two nights its eating me up that I cant make it there but I'm stuck at work very far away. I think AFPA is a great place to pull and gives a place to go close to home (the 3000 class is picking up there are alot of good tractors in it this year with alot of different colar tractors competing.) I wish the best of luck to all the guys and there tractors lets just try to keep the tractors and the great members together and have a good time. See you all in July

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 25, 2012 03:56AM
Came down to Marrietta to pull in profarm 3000 rpm class that the AFPA has and the rpm moniter was not used. Very disapointing. Its hard to find a place to pull that actully follows the rules, I guess this club is no differant. No point in complaining there most guys didnt care so be for warned what they say they do and what they really do is not the same.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 25, 2012 04:52AM
The pull Saturday night at Marietta was a joke at best. Not sure why they said it was 3000 rpm when they had no monitoring device. Some guys were definitely running over that. The people that put on the pull was not AFPA, it was the Marietta FFA and they had no clue what they were doing. It was very disappointing and I will not be back. They should stick to pulling antiques down there and leave the big boys alone. On a better note, the pull at Caldwell Friday night was excellent other than the dust.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 25, 2012 05:31AM
Wait a minute I spoke to FFA about using the rpm box and was told all AFPA classes was to be governed by a AFPA tech commity or board member and I would have to talk to them, becouse they only do the rules on the speed limit classes and any other non AFPA classes. And to make things even worse I found out that the guy running the moline in the 3000 rpm class was the club VP of the AFPA and the moline is owned by a tech person and board of director, and they still did not run the rpm box. Sounds like foul play to me. I will try again and if no rpm box I will not return either.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 25, 2012 05:57AM
The guy on the moline is me, Jeremy Henry and there were no such thing as foul play. All the tractors that hooked in the 9500 and 10500 were teched the night before at Caldwell with the exeption of the 4010. The president has the tach monitor and could not be present due to a last minute health issue. Wanna check my tractor? Feel free to come over and look all you want. Wanna check my Rpms? Feel free to come over when the tach gets plugged in. Wanna check my cubic inches? Feel free to whip out 500 bucks so i can take it. I assure you there were no foul play.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 25, 2012 06:34AM
So no one would turn the rpms up from friday to saturday? Please. I can turn mine up in 30 seconds. Your missing the point it said it was a 3000rpm profarm class not a if the president dont come we wont check that night class. How many times this year is this shitty rashenalzation going to be used? If you say it is a 3000 rpm class then run the dam box and if your not then call it hot farm and we will run open rpm's. And if your going to be a puller and a board member you should hold your club and yourself to a higher standard I would think. And I did'nt say you were cheating on CID so take a chill pill. Just run the box!! NOUPH SAID!!Spinning

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 25, 2012 07:01AM
I got a better idea than this keyboard yappin. Next pull come hunt me up and we'll try and resolve the issues your are having with the club and the profarm class in a civil manner. Ill buy you a hotdog and a soda and sit on the trailer and talk about it. Wanna talk before then? Give me a call. 304 590-1066.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 07, 2012 02:32PM
Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 10:47AM by sled sports.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 10, 2012 01:40AM
My deere is 466 and I will be pulling some at those pulls. At least we know one tractor that isn't over on CI! So maybe I should host the tear down party?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 01:42AM by Deeremaniac.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 10, 2012 08:28AM
That would be nice if they checked . There are four black striped IHs
That run pretty great. Three of them are painted the same I heard they were
Just 466 but run too dam good to me . I don't know about the other one.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 10, 2012 09:40AM
Yeah I run with them some. The three guys are all 466. A lot of work done all over to make them run like that. I don't think they will be pulling much at American farm pulls much this year though. They like to pull up north.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 09:50AM by Deeremaniac.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 10, 2012 01:08PM
I heard the other black strip is 640.

Re: American Farm Pullers Association June 10, 2012 11:57PM
red hater
I heard the other black strip is 640.

If everyone believed what they "heard" id be in California making dirty movies too. Grinning

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 06, 2012 10:49AM
Bret hit the nail on the head, if there is a question, could there be a cheater among the crowd? Our association uses the procedure mentioned, measuring or pumping and tagging. It not only works but has eliminated animosity and unnecessary accusations among the competitors. It is the boards duty to do whatever it takes to keep the playing field level for all competitors.

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 06, 2012 05:43PM
Thanks for the feedback! One question I have is when you have a small brush pulling organization you get non members doing single hooks and at some places a fair number of them. What's good for the goose is good for the gander statement would be they absolutely cannot hook unless being pumped. How is this handled in some of your organizations? Also for that extra effort I wonder if these pullers would pull else where or just stay home? Where we are at we need every piece of iron possible.

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 07, 2012 01:24AM
Non members that haven't been teched are allowed to compete in ONE club sanctioned event for points and prize money. After they have exhausted this one "grace event", non members that wish to compete in subsequent events must join and be teched to be eligible for points and prize money, or MAY be allowed to pull on an exhibition basis ONLY at the discretion of the club officials. This keeps the standing membership with legal tractors from getting their pockets picked, while allowing a puller that made the trip to support your show an opportunity to compete.

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 07, 2012 03:13PM
shut up, because you like so many others have no idea what it is that you are talking about. GET OVER THE SHOW @#$%&!!! IF HE IS NOT LEGAL, HE SHOULD NOT BE PART OF THE "SHOW" AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO "COMPETE" ! WHO IS HE COMPETING AGAINST?

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 07, 2012 11:51PM
Take your medicine and cool off and just simply stay home to not see what is making your blood pressure soar so high.

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 08, 2012 05:44AM
hey do it
shut up, because you like so many others have no idea what it is that you are talking about. GET OVER THE SHOW @#$%&!!! IF HE IS NOT LEGAL, HE SHOULD NOT BE PART OF THE "SHOW" AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO "COMPETE" ! WHO IS HE COMPETING AGAINST?

I have a very good idea of what it is I'm talking about, more so than you will ever know or be able to understand. What is obvious here is the fact that you haven't spent any time on the management/promotional/organizational side of pulling. Try telling 10 or so local boys (that each brought 5-10 paying spectators) that they can't hook at their hometown fair because they are not members and haven't been inspected. Then try telling the fair board (the ones that hired your organization to put on their pull) to "GET OVER THE SHOW @#$%&!!!", as you chose to phrase it. Be sure and get back to us on how many new members and new events that brilliant strategy gains your fledgling organization, whether or not they book you again for next year, as well as whether or not you made it off the premises with all of your teeth, assuming you have any to begin with.

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 08, 2012 02:34PM
If your FAIR BOARD wants someone to be there thjat is ILLEGAL in MY organization, then YOUR fair board should not HIRE my organization!

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 08, 2012 10:45PM
Well "do it" it's like this many fair boards decide to go with a more organized show because of your "local good old boys" general bad behavior! much easier to have a standard set of rules published well in advance,being it helps remove the BS on pull day,the insurance cost generally drops for the fair board because a known rule book is followed. And when the contract is signed, the promoter knows that said rule book details what kind of behavior will not be tolerated and they agree to support all decisions of the organizations tech and track officials! in closing I would suggest your "local" boys get familiar with the rule book, that is if they can read?

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 09, 2012 01:40AM
If I may redirect your attention back to the original topic that started this thread, my last post was simply a hypothetical, yet very realistic example to illustrate the necessity of some flexibility in the rules structure to accommodate situations that may arise at any given event and meet the specific needs of your customer, especially if you are an upstart organization trying to establish yourself and develop a following. The "one grace event" rule is in place in more than one organization in this part of the world and has been very effective and well received. Opinions were solicited, I rendered mine, and I'm not wasting any more of my time or Morgan's bandwidth arguing. Do what you like, I really don't care, but don't be surprised when the "my way or the highway" business model runs enough people off that all your organization has going on is all three of your members talking about wishing they had a place to pull over a lukewarm Schlitz. Some other organization that understands the big picture will be more than happy to have your members, your events, and your Schlitz, too, though I prefer mine cold. Have a nice day.

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 09, 2012 02:48AM
I have no problem with the grace hook for very minor issues! such as no rpm sensor, but if said vehicle is over cube, then they will not be running in the sanctioned class, demo hook maybe but only if there is agreement among the track official and tech people or insurance would be invalid! as for threatening to knock my teeth out? you will not get far in this world or at my event with attitude like that! everybody expects a place to pull but will have nothing to do with organizing and running an event! Good day!

Jim June 09, 2012 04:20AM
I think it was my teeth he wanted to knock out. Not yours. lol Smiling And go look at your facebook page please. You have a message.

Re: Jim June 19, 2012 01:17PM
Wow jim relax And dont get caught up in that kinda stuff.Drayton puts on a great pull with a really good track.You keep talkin nasty people wont want to come. O and by the way Have you heard? Any of the tractors that left my shop RUNNING and that have been cube checked have been found to be all legal with smaller cubes than allowed. wow eh There was one tractor but i asked him to come get it in parts and pieces So i guess all the illegal motors that i was acused of have been found to be legal Any way good luck at your pull jim got my fingers crosed it doesnt rain for ya Im glad that ALL tractors are being cube checked long overdo paul

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 09, 2012 08:17AM
any orginization should have yearly checks on all the rules then randem checks throughout the year there shouldent be no such thing as protest in a ORGINIZATION THATS WHAT TEC OFFICIALS ARE FOR NOT TO MEASURE HITCHES NO RULE IS WORTH THE PAPER ITS WROTE ON IF ITS NOT INFORCED IT IS THE ORG RESPONCIBILITY TO POLICE THE RULES

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 20, 2012 12:13PM
Most clubs by me have a one or two hook grace. It is not practical for all the local pullers that as far as the eye can see are following the rules to get pumped. If they want to continue to hook with the club they get checked but for one hook it would not be practical. I hook with a club in my home town every year that does not pull by me often, I do very well and they never say anything, maybe because of the spectators they think it brings in or just because they have fun pulling against differant tracktors once and awhile. I get the prize money if I place but I think they skip me in the awarding of points so I dont have an influence on the standings. On a side note cube checking should be done by every club if they want to keep honest people honest.

Re: Are there any pulling groups that require mandatory cubic inch pumping before hooking? Opinions please! June 20, 2012 11:12PM
some groups around check but makes a lot of extra work

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,752, Posts: 229,904, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,090, Posts: 226,006.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM