Drought , government checks and pulling June 08, 2012 09:16AM
So with the big drought going on in the midwest , how many new tractors will hit the track built with GOVERNMENT checks from poor crops , no pasture etc ???Just wondering

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 08, 2012 09:35AM
[droughtmonitor.unl.edu] its a little dry but not to bad, oh and to answer your question I am just not gonna even say anything haha.

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 08, 2012 12:44PM
More farmer bashing. This post will be gone soon. This site is reserved for the egomaniac farmers that bash every other working person in this country that they don't work and are not worthy of tax payer handouts. Entitlements they like to call them. Entitlements when somebody else gets them earned when a farmer gets them. Don't bash farmers for making a living and maybe one day they won't bash other workers for making a living. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. A farmer is no better or worse than somebody working in a factory. Nothing wrong with people getting help when they need it no matter who they are.

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 08, 2012 03:41PM
Get rid of all the govt. payments. Heck I don't care. It will make it alot easier for me because I actually WORK when I farm and pull. But then also, with the drought going on, don't anyone complain when you go the grocery store and the your grocery bill is higher than it is to fill up your fuel tank.

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 08, 2012 04:43PM
So I take it again 301 your claim is that a non farm job is not work? Do you complain when fertilizer goes up? Seed? New Truck? Tractor?

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 08, 2012 10:42PM
i also have said for years to get rid of the gov. payments. they are not worth the hassle for me any more when the amount i got last year didnt even cover the crop ins. premium

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 09, 2012 12:28AM
Hobby Farmer
So I take it again 301 your claim is that a non farm job is not work? Do you complain when fertilizer goes up? Seed? New Truck? Tractor?

I don't know where you got the thought that I meant a non farm job is not work. yes I do complain when my input costs go up. New truck or tractor? that would be no because I don't buy new.
No Gov't. "check" will end a drought. Not even the one that I paid a premium for, for 30 years and look to get my first payment from unless it rains alot real quick this year.
My claim is what will you and everyone do when the food supply is short because of the drought that we and so many others are having. This drought is REAL! Not a made up "oil crisis". Starvation is a terrible thing! Think about it.

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 09, 2012 01:28AM
No insurance here we take care of our own problems. Also for me all the govt can keep their money and pay some of their debt like I have to. Please don't just put us farmers all in one basket not all of us work the system.

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 09, 2012 01:16PM
Live east of Lansing here in Michigan and the corn starting to roll and
not all of the beans are out of the ground that was planted 3 weeks ago
drought monitor not accurate for us . need rain.

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 10, 2012 06:54PM
where are all you guys from? In NW wisconsin here and things are pretty good gor us. Are you pretty wide spread out-what does this drought stricken area cover? Good luck.

Re: Drought , government checks and pulling June 11, 2012 03:46AM
Eastern Nebraska has had some rain but here in central Nebraska we have had about 2 and half inches of rain all spring alot of pivots have made 4-5 rounds! People are watering there gravity ground. Very spotted rains around here pastures are starting to turn brown and dryland is not going to last long with temps in the 90s and 25-30 mph wind every day. Most corn and bean fields have very poor stands! Iowa has not had much rain from the people I have talked to. Look at the weather maps they will show you it is a Large area of the U.S. that is very dry.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009