4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 09, 2012 04:22PM
if i had a limited pro stock i would never come too bedford again what a joke there was no reason tooo stop them that way what a joke

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 01:10AM
Was there also one of the worst 4.1 pulls I have ever seen, to much weight on sled they had plenty of track for them to run on sled man pulled the guts out of them, Gary you should learn a lesson from this pull and don't make the same mistake next week

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 02:48AM
Was there also, unlike you guys, I Pulled. Was very difficult track to figure out. The track changed a lot, not only between classes but also between hooks. I don't blame anyone, let alone Gary, if anyone knows sled settings Gary Idoes. Track crew did best they could with what they had to work with, how do you figure out how much water to use when it's as dry as it is. Track ended up with some big pot holes, I know I made one, but thats part of it. Maybe you guys should build track next year, I'm sure they would welcome your expertise.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 05:58AM
I am a fair board member that wants to apologize to the 4.1 that pulled last night for what gearhead did to them. The track wasn't in the best of shape, the boys learned a lesson there. It got better at the end of the night. But why did gearhead let every other class run last night and not the 4.1. I will always vote against having gearhead as our sled in the future. We are having Bongard sled at the fair. i hope them tractors wont hold it against us and will try to please come back. Thank You.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 06:40AM
Wasn't there, did anybody break anything and know from experience that when it's dry hard to make a track "right". Darin

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 06:44AM
They had ok moisture in the track, sled was just set waaay to tight. When the giant turned down his first hook they should have taken a brick out and changed gears. Instead of just changing gears, but it is easy for me to say after the fact and being a spectator.

Very nice place to pull and had a good turn out of equipment.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 07:13AM
Who was there? Results? Anything broke?

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 08:00AM
Anyone?

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 08:37AM
Weiderholt,osborn,mumm,black cases,Weagle

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 09:45AM
What orgainization was this? IAMO or Xcaliber

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 10:52AM
It was a nwmtpa pull with some other classes added. Ive pulled that sled with all the weight in the box with a 2.6 diesel truck and had it running 27mph pulling open class so that was not the problem. Its not the first time 4.1s have been on the sled. The track was just miss judged and shoulded have changed to a different gear after the first hook in the class. Imo the sled operators need to stop setting the sleds so damn lite and slamming them at the end. Set them a bit heavier from the start and down the track and hit them a softer at the end.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 12:31PM
Who has them?

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 02:26PM
Gary is one of the best sled operators around, it would be a big mistake not to have him at your pull FBM. Ive seen many other sleds blow a class to. that track was hard to figure out. It was a real good pull with alot of good looking and running machines. I will deff come back. But to FBM, to get on here and act like you did makes me not want to come to your pull. So if fans dont show up to your pull u might want to blame your mouth or fingers i guess and not Gary

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 04:00PM
Looked to me like he might have set the sled tight to keep those guys out of the rough section at the end of the track. Looked like the speed bump section would be a good place to tear up some expensive equipment and cause wild rides. And he might have just misjudged too. It happens to ALL sled operators.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 10, 2012 04:49PM
Thats a very good point after 280ft the track was getting wavy and had holes. Anyone think i could have been a decision of the pullers how to set the sled. I would not want to go through that stuff on a tractor with 21-2300hp could be a handfull really quick.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 11, 2012 12:03AM
Your hp numbers are 300 horse overinflated ;-)

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 11, 2012 02:28AM
We really apprciate everyone showing up to the pull on Saturday night. This is the third year we've had the Red Rock sled and we had the 4.1's last year and they put on an excellent show. I think because of our track being the opposite of what it normally is, it was in fact hard to judge. I would hope that everyone who pulled would give us another shot next year to try to put on a show. The three of us that put it on are only in our mid 20's and may be inexperienced but we worked our asses off to try and put together a track that wasnt like pulling on a dirt road and wouldn't dust the crowd. Maybe we went too far the other way, i dunno. Next year as far as the 4.1's go, no matter what sled, we can set the sled lighter and slower and let the first guy run and see what happens. We just try to set the sled so the first guy that runs doesnt have to put two passes back to back on a high dollar machine. I appologize again and hope that we can have another chance next year. Thanks again.

Brent Roberts and the 102 Valley Pullers.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 11, 2012 03:05AM
Brent, you may be young, but you just showed more humility and class than many others would have under similar circumstances. I am impressed and I have no doubt that your pull will only get better.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 11, 2012 06:54AM
I will try to post results on 4.1 this evening when I get home.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 11, 2012 10:19AM
Here are the results from the Bedford 4.1 class

1. Shaun Wiederholt - Smokin Wied - 283.1
2. John Osborn - Lil 2 Tuff - 280.1
3. Steve Kier - Midnight Screamer - 268.7
4. Rod Schottel - Ole Black Magic - 267.0
5. Scott Mumm - Smoke on Approach - 136.6

Chris Waegele was the first hook. He turned it down and did not come back to pull again.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 11, 2012 12:52PM
It was a very good show,good crowd and good tractors.Ihave pulled on that track for 30 some years and it is virtually impossible to get right! Brent and his crew did an excellent job with what they had to work with this year being as dry as it has been.As for the sled operator,,Give me a break,gearhead is one of the best there is and he knew what he was doing and the 4.1s were all over 260ft.What more can you ask for.The only regret I have is that mine was not ready to go have some fun!!!! Thank you Brent and your crew for a good time.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 11, 2012 02:18PM
Thanks for posting the results Megan. Just got in the house and was gonna do it. Thanks to you and Brian for your help Saturday getting me and the girls lined out.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 11, 2012 05:02PM
No problem, Brent. Thanks for putting on a great show. I'm sure we will be seeing you again soon!

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 15, 2012 08:12AM
If I could respectfully make a suggestion for future years, don't use the skidloader with the harrow/scratcher attachment during the pull.

The track never had a chance to tighten up or get consistent because the harrow/scratcher kept tearing up a big section of packed track every time it filled in the holes. You could see the track start to tighten up and get consistent whenever there was some down time and the packer got to run by itself for a little while, as well as when the skidloader was parked and it was just the packer and the scrapers filling in the holes.

Other than that, it was an excellent pull.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 13, 2012 04:28AM
First off, FBM, speak for yourself and not for the fair board. Brent and the other guys rented the grounds to run their show as they see fit. It's not the fair boards decision. Sometimes comments are better if one keeps them to themselves. Maybe if your so upset then at least be willing to sign your name to it. I personally helped work on the track and with the hand they were dealt with no moisture and the fact that the track was like a highway when they started it turned out really well!!

As far as the sled, Gary is one of the best operators in the country, bar none. He knows that track better than anyone around, including the fair board members. As far as the setup for the 4.1's maybe it was off, I don't know. I'm sure he had his reasons, maybe they didn't hook like he thought they would. Ask him, he's the only one that knows. But the only reason he will not be coming to the fair pull is because he had prior committments.

Brent, I personally thought you had a good show. Excellant crowd with a variety of good classes, something there for everyone. Can't wait till next year, can only get bigger and better!! Hope to be part of it again!!

Thanks! Hope to see everyone at the Fair Pull, July 20th.

Jim Rowe
Fair Board President

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 13, 2012 09:15AM
I thought they had a graet show a good verity of tractors and pickups the semi class was a great addition the boys did do a good job with what they had for a track. But gary still had the sled too tight for that class of 4.1s former fbm Bobby Coleman

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 13, 2012 09:20AM
1) did anyone get hurt?
2) did they have a winner?
3) did someone get 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th
4) was the sled the same for everyone?
5) was the track the same for everyone?

If the answer to #1 is no, and the rest are yes, it was a successful pull.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 13, 2012 12:56PM
he ACCIDENTALLY missed the sled setting on the 4.1 class. no one is perfect. but because of that you'll always vote against having him? you'll never find a sled operator you'll be happy with when you've got that mindset.

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 13, 2012 02:08PM
I'd like to put a stop to this nonsense, When a puller misses his weight and finnishes at the bottom of the class, nobody gets on here and raises cane because they dont know! When a sled man misses his weight, everybody bashes him. Gary missed his weight a little in the 4.1 class, that happens all the time. We had him at Mound City 2 years ago on a brand new track, and he hit it dead on! If I remember right Steve Kier won it with a pull of 305 or somewere close, it doesent get any better than that.We hooked #1 sat. nite we had a issue with our water injection pump, and on a brand new motor we chose not to come back. It had nothing to due with the sled setting. Leave Gary alone, he knows his business way better than we do! By the way Brent, nice job on the pull, we will be back next year if it dosent conflict with the PPL schedule, thanks for having us!

Sincerely, Chris Waegele
Jolly Green Giant

Re: 4.1 limited pros bedford iowa June 14, 2012 03:05AM
fbm
I thought they had a graet show a good verity of tractors and pickups the semi class was a great addition the boys did do a good job with what they had for a track. But gary still had the sled too tight for that class of 4.1s former fbm Bobby Coleman

And where is your tractor my short peckered friend?????

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009