Roosamaster pump & pencil injectors June 12, 2012 06:39AM
Where's the best place to go for a Roosamaster/Stanadyne pump for a 3000 RPM, NA 310 cid direct-injected Oliver puller? We're still running the stock pump (80-90 cc) right now. How many cc should we need? We have to run the stock style fuel pump for our class here in southwestern PA.
Also, where's a good place for the pencil-style injectors? I see Columbus Diesel has them on their site; I think they are 5 or 6-hole.
Thanks for any input and thanks for the space!

Re: Roosamaster pump & pencil injectors June 12, 2012 01:52PM
You will be best off to go to a reputable shop that has the knowledge and is willing to work with you on your setup and adjustments after the sale... probably somewhere other than the shop you mentioned in my experience. There are several shops in PA that I have seen mentioned in other posts that would be closer to you. Everyone has their opinions and experiences with different shops and I am sure mine are different than others, but If distance isn't a big deal to you, Scheid in Lafayette, IN or Dennis at FVP will talk with you after the sale and help get things set up right for you.

Re: Roosamaster pump & pencil injectors June 13, 2012 03:33AM
I have a Roosamaster pump on a 301 Allis Chalmers motor. Was built by Fort Dodge Diesel injection service,Fort Dodge Ia. It delivers 420 cc of fuel, but is set at 4500 rpms. I don't know if it can be dialed back to 3000 rpms or how it would perform at 3000 rpm. Was told when it was built that the 2 roller pump could be built to out perform the 4 roller pump. If interested it's for sale. $1300 I am currently building a bigger cubed tractor for the 3000 rpm classes.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,992, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009