ESP is falling fast June 17, 2012 06:57AM
After a horrable show last week at dansville this show at strawberry fields sure Anit much better started late which is normal now where switching the way where pulling now what a joke should have stayed home

Re: ESP is falling fast June 17, 2012 07:02AM
I went last week to that "whatever you wanna call it tractor pull" and it sounds like I'm glad i stayed home with my kids today. What a shame.

Re: ESP is falling fast June 17, 2012 07:38AM
About 7 years ago I went to my first ESP pull after being raised on all NYTPA pulls. I was blown away. It was such a great show and I could not believe I had never gone to one growing up. Now the pendulum seems to have swung the other way. NYTPA is adding tractors and shows every year while esp seems to be on the decline. Granted they are not without their problems, but they seem to have a better product at this time.

Re: ESP is falling fast June 17, 2012 08:44AM
I see the same thing as previous post. Grew up here in the east with NYTPA and over last 15 years ago due to family in central NY was able to get to many ESP pulls and some of them were awesome. However the last one I went to in 2010 in Troy PA you could see things were declining in vehicle number and quality. It seems true that the NYTPA is expanding numbers in both shows and tractors and some of the gains seem to be a few western NY tractors coming east to pull. As a fan my favorite class is the Super Stock/Pro Stocks and that is probably true of many eastern NY fans. That class is huge and growing with almost always 12 to 20 in it, and above 20 at times. It looks to be bigger yet this year. The mods had a couple down years in numbers but were back up some last year. Super Farm was started years after ESP had this class and they are quickly building numbers in that class also. The 2 WD truck numbers go up and down but there is always a good number out. Someday I wish the leaders would look at the growth and offer the Light Super Stock class- I think the size and growth of both the heavy super stocks and super farms show the support for such a class in the east as well. I do not want to speak bad of the ESP as I have enjoyed events they held in the past, but am glad I am near the expanding action at NYTPA events here in the east and appreciate each driver and team that brings the show to the fans.

Re: ESP is falling fast June 17, 2012 01:04PM
any results from strawberry fields

Re: ESP is falling fast June 17, 2012 01:53PM
A show down between NYTPA and ESP would be a great show... top 5 in each class...any thoughts?

Re: ESP is falling fast June 18, 2012 02:30AM
in the mod class, you just had it at strawberry fields yesterday. the gambler over rotten mean and nasty. it been like that for most of last year also.

Re: ESP is falling fast June 18, 2012 03:08AM
Mr Losing a Fan, did you wait around for the heavy class? Or were you so upset about them switching the track around for one class? Things happen.

Re: ESP is falling fast June 18, 2012 04:08AM
i thougt it was a good show. sometimes things happen at a pull that we all dont like but we continue on and make the best of it. thanks to strawberry fields for having E S P back pulling there.

Re: ESP is falling fast June 18, 2012 06:14AM
how is it at the start of the pull a rule is implemented and not before so teams have time to prepare?
1. stated rule, no crew member will be permitted on track or inside track area without long pants.
teams had to scramble to get crew members in compliance with no before hand notification.
2. how come the final decision team of henry everman was not DQ'D for this blatant infraction?
the only team all day that did not comply!

Re: ESP is falling fast June 18, 2012 06:23AM
i agree! strawberry fields is a family run pull, not a club, fair, or fire dept.it is a huge undertaking for them and i am glad that they continue doing it. if you dont like a promoter and club doing what they have to do to put a show on, then dont go. as for me, i saw and spoke with a lot of people that i only run into at this pull. they enjoy the family atmosphere and wonderfull venue. thanks barb and family for another great fathers day! keep up the good work and we will see you in september! steve meyer, all or nothin pulling team

Re: ESP is falling fast June 19, 2012 03:15AM
thank-you to the meyer pulling team for coming to shedden.

Re: what to wear????? June 19, 2012 10:43PM
I hear everyone on the track has to wear long pants now, can,t back a tractor to the sled in shorts. I want to come to a pull and just watch do I have to wear a sport coat, if i bring my wife does she need to wear a dress?

Re: what to wear????? June 20, 2012 01:10AM
if your a fan of everman's you can be naked and no penalty will be applied.
if your a fan of other tractors you will need slacks,button up shirt,and a tie. hats cannot be baseball style
woman will need dresses that are low cut and mid thigh in length, high heels, big poofy hats are allowed
to block everman fans field of view

Re: what to wear????? June 20, 2012 10:22AM
Theirs a fine line between SAFTY and STUPIDITY! As long as the driver and tech officials ( they may actually need to put out a fire) are not wearing shorts whats the difference. Whats next? Every one will need uniforms. An NYPTA official gave me crap 2 years ago at the state fair pull about shorts on the track. Theirs nothing in the rule books about crew members on the track and wearing shorts. Sometimes I think the officials let a little power go to their head and they are just looking for something to bitch about. Safty and stupidty, a real fine line. Or maby not.

Re: what to wear????? June 20, 2012 11:28AM
2 words! "insurance requirement" maybe if we can put an end to this lunacy of every body suing for the silliest things! maybe then some "common sense" will return?

Re: what to wear????? June 20, 2012 11:59AM
if it is " insurance requirement " then why wasn't final decision dq'd?

Re: what to wear????? June 20, 2012 01:46PM
This has been an NYTPA rule for a few years now.

Re: what to wear????? June 20, 2012 12:05PM
They were pants that jimmy had on .atleast they were in the mourning when he put them on.the boy likes to eat .

Re: what to wear????? June 20, 2012 11:13AM
I can understand about needing to wear shoes instead of sandals, but I don't really need to see the need of pants instead of shorts--in regards to crew members.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

ESP long pants rule June 20, 2012 06:43AM
i know that ESP is not in PPl anymore but i looked in the PPl rule book and can't find any rule that says everyone on the track has to wear long pants,,,,did i miss the rule is is this a esp rule....

Re: ESP long pants rule June 20, 2012 11:38PM
Should be mandatory for long pants. Safety wise

Re: ESP long pants rule June 20, 2012 11:56PM
the rule is fine. just how it wasnt presented before the pull,and how 1 tractor and team broke the rule and there was zero action for it!

Re: ESP long pants rule June 21, 2012 12:44AM
does this man the phiotographiers and the guy backing up the tractor to the sled,,,why not long sleeves and safety glasses and steel toed shoes,,,maybe everyone on the track should wear a fire suit,,,all stupid rules,,,,,the only people that need long pants is the track OFFICALS and the guy sitting behind the streeing wheel....no where in the PPL rule book is this,,,just a made up rule by ESP that the tech guy can't figure out what makes sense and what doesn't...no wonder the club is a mess....10 hooks and 2- 4 vehicles in a class,,,,time for group councling

Re: ESP long pants rule June 21, 2012 10:22AM
NYTPA has had the same rule for a few years now......

Re: ESP long pants rule July 13, 2012 02:55AM
is the long pants rule in or out?

Re: ESP long pants rule July 13, 2012 07:43AM
its been a ny rule for years

Re: ESP long pants rule July 15, 2012 12:58PM
Guys, you must have too much time on your hands. If you got time to growl anout that simple rule, you have time to change pants when done pullig if you realy need too.

Re: ESP long pants rule July 16, 2012 08:50AM
The problem is that all the rules should be spelled out in the rule book and enforced. Also, why are the officials harping on us pullers to wear fire safe stuff or we will be disqualified when the officials are not wearing their shirts and pants that have been a rule and still should be if we are all following the same rules as before. Seems like rules are bended to for people and who do officials answer to? ESP will fall fast if something doesnt change and someone is going to get seriously hurt like the fire sat. at alexander. Too many distractions this year.

Re: ESP long pants rule July 16, 2012 02:41PM
Place your mouth on the tube and blow sir.....

Re: ESP long pants rule July 23, 2012 07:22AM
Jerry Springer will be in troy PA tonight to sort out all this silly bickering between the empire stane pullers...security will on hand so that nobody gets any black eyes....DING DING DING

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009