What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 25, 2009 03:55AM
What classes and at what pull????

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 25, 2009 04:11AM
first half hour was preempted for tennis, second half hour was a season recap and congratulating the points winners

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 25, 2009 04:34AM
Whew...

Thank you!

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 25, 2009 05:58AM
I saw that the first half hour was pre empted for tennis. Who wants to watch tennis, Unbelievable

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 25, 2009 10:41AM
Who wants to watch tennis at 3:00 in the morning, like it was in Aussyland?

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 25, 2009 03:18PM
does anybody else get tired of the grid showing how far they have gone while the tractor is still pulling?

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 25, 2009 09:55PM
No, I actually kind of like it. At least you have an idea if they are in contention for the lead. With the changing camera postitions it's hard to have a reference otherwise.

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 26, 2009 02:12AM
I wouldn't mind it if it didn't take up the whole bottom half of the screen. If they put that on there then they should have it so it doesn't cover up the tractor. They zoom so much that you can only see the top half of the tractor.

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 26, 2009 02:18AM
Most of the 30 min programs are comericals and leslie mears explaining the rules of the pull. lol All i saying if ESPN can have 4 hours of tennis or 3 hours of golf, Can't we see coverage of a whole pull and not have to wait from sunday to sunday!

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 26, 2009 05:06AM
its better than ntpa on rfd

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 26, 2009 12:29PM
The only problem I have with it is I cant see the tire spinning on the track.

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 26, 2009 12:38PM
My boys have one PPl show recorded. It is highlights and champions from last year maybe. It may have been on Sunday. It is so funny to see Pro Stocks and trucks pulling that for some reason sound like an unlimited alky. Why do they do the unlimited ss sound over? Is the deep sounding Pro Stock and truck noise not good enough?

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 26, 2009 01:58PM
i also noticed that most of the pulls started with a different sound to the vehicles.how do all the classes have a unlimited cubic inch rule.i would like to know how the sled weight is determined,beginning weight is advertised as 40,000 lbs and ending weight is 200,000-300,000 lbs.at the pulls when most vehicles start,if your in the right place you can see under the pan,so i assume it doesnt weigh 40,000 lbs or most couldnt move it.also to transport the sled a max gross weight of 80,000 is observed for highway use ,or they permit loads.when u do the math total gross wt of 80,000,minus say 16,000 for the truck wt,that leaves 64,000 for the sled,or is a 2nd truck used to haul the box weights.just seems like a lot of disinformation.

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 26, 2009 08:53PM
They probly have Army feeding them their "facts". I think they do a pretty fair job as a whole. Beats no pulling shows at all!

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 27, 2009 12:01PM
I would like to see some of the pullers hook to a sled that ACTUALLY weighed 200,000 lbs! I've never seen a sled outfit that had to convoy to get their weights to the pull.

Sounds a lot like the weather forecasters " wind chill 'feels like' ".

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 27, 2009 02:30PM
yea,every pulling show on tv has a lot of disinformation.i suppose a new fan has his head spinning after they go to a few pulls and learn to recognize that what they were told on tv is a long way from reality.im amazed that these shows arent previewed by a person that is knowledgeable about pulling,and given time to correct a few things.do you think nhra would have a motorcycle sound when a fuel car is going down the q/m.im sure they would also say the times are adjusted for driving into a headwind.

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 27, 2009 02:40PM
My take on that was that what the were referring to was that the resistence at the end of the run was equal to pulling that weight.

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 28, 2009 05:15AM
I fully agree with your assessment! However, think of the disservice that does to pullers with first time viewers. How disappointed will the first timers be when they attend a pulling event and discover the truth?

The sport of pulling need new folks in the stands and not only for one event.

Not really sure why ESPN got in to broadcasting pulling events in the first place, but, it would sure help if they were providing correct information and true to life sounds for the events they do show.

30 mins at an reasonably well organized pulling event is a lot more than 8-10 hooks.

I guess any broadcast of pulling is better than none at all, but, ESPN's shows barely make it.

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 28, 2009 06:16AM
here around ny,oh,and pa,full pull productions is pretty big.when rick announces ,its just as bad,he will say a tr has 4 chargers on it when antone can see only two or three.semi trucks have 2 1/2 in fuel injection lines,and everyone is or was a champion of something.it gets really bad in the ss-ps-lps combo class,the lps are talked up to be a contender and when they are 50 ft short theres always a excuse about something.when i encounter people around town after the pull,this bad info is repeated as if it was the truth,because people assume what he said is thr gospel truth,and it is hard to carry on a conversation about it when you know one thing and they belive another.but i guess its just a show right???

Re: What pulling was on ESPN2 this morning? January 29, 2009 03:50PM
I am confussed by the person that says there are only 8-10 hooks in the 30 minute program. If you were to watch the RFD events there are about 15 hooks. As far as the PPL program in the 30 minute program they show all the hooks in that given class they are showing that eposide.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,880, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM