Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 12:11PM
Larry, Great job on the meeting today, my hat is off to you. Yes, you and your group have done your research.We have to keep the pulling sport alive. As you could see by the amount of people that came to listen . As for SCVP's, Open your eye's, and see what is happening in your own back yard, there very well could be a new kid on the BLOCK. Whether or not you choose to accept this! As I once heard a while back "It is TIME for a Change!"

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 12:50PM
O.K....you want to be a big shot pulling outfit...in small towns. You dont want any small farm hooks to burden your show. Where are these guys supposed to start pulling at??? Sooner or later, your big tractors will break during the season and run out of money, where will your show be then? It happens all the time. All I can say is....dont come to our small farm pulls and look to hook exhibition.

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 12:59PM
HMMMMMMMMMMMM, I am lost here- who said anyhting about not having small farm hook's. If I where YOU, small farm puller- I would leave the booze alone before operating a computer, or for that matter a small farm tractor. Becuse if you where sober, and had your facts correct, we wouldn't be here. Good Luck on your treatment SFP.

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 12:55PM
They did thier home work, but didnt take notes! Lots of luck!! GO red and green

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 01:02PM
S------ If you need note's, I can send some :-))))))))

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 01:11PM
It sounds like a good group with some good ideas... only one complaint...... 30 bucks a hook is getting up there. If I remember last year there was a fight about 40 in this area which sent it back to 25 and here we go again raising it back up........ "its only five bucks..." is what I will hear, but when does it end.....

Economy sucks.... lets leave some room for fun without up-ing the price.

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 01:17PM
Hey Boys---- Yes very good point-- but also have to remember, If they stay at the smaller amount, it would meanl ess payout at the end of season. I don't think anything is set in stone as of yet. I believe that will be set at the Febuary meeting, if I undestood it correctly, it was suppose to be left up to the PULLER'S.

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 01:28PM
Father Time that sounds good. Glad to hear that Larry is letting the pullers have a voice. We will have to make it to the meeting on the 21.

Sure hope everything falls into place this summer.

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 01:44PM
Boy's, It would be my thought's that we have the HOOK Fee, just a touch higher. As I say this it is in regards to our/your fans,spectator's. That is what we all want. More people watching you the puller's (entertainer's) as I would put it. Instead of upping the gate fee, up the hook fee a touch. This should keep the people coming in these tough money times. AGAIN- Just my thought's

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 27, 2009 03:23PM
I understand that we need the people there to watch but we also need the pullers there to put the show on for the people, so leave it 25 and the same people will probably still be there. As for me i pull farm and usually do pretty good, but i think that i maybe got payback three or four times last year, i understand i don't have as much money in mine but it would be nice if i place to at least make enough to have a beer afterwards. Just my thoughts.

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 01:45PM
You would, go little red rideing hood

Re: Championship Pulling Series January 25, 2009 10:03PM
What good is points payout if it comes from the pullers? That's no different than playing cards in the hauler or like the stimulus checks that the government sends everyone - just a money shuffle. IMHO if you can't raise at least 1/2, preferrably 3/4 of your points fund from outside sponsorship, then there really isn't a reason to have a points fund.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,736, Posts: 229,872, Members: 3,333.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,986.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM