Pro stock semi or even Pro street semi questions July 09, 2012 10:08PM
hello I am a truck mechanic by trade, and have always been a tractor puller. I have been pondering the possibility of making a pro stock semi puller or even a pro street which i believe is a little more of a useable truck still. questions are what kind of Hp would I have to be making to be compettitive in either classes? Do the regular stock clutches and trans hold up to this kiind of abuse?, Or would I be looking at 100 percent custom? What is the weight class for these trucks? I am thinking I would still like to keep this truck driveable where as it would just be more convient to drive it to the pulls. Thanks for all advise.

Re: Pro stock semi or even Pro street semi questions July 09, 2012 11:16PM
If you are considering pro stock,keep this in mind.Mike Laribee with the Shameless truck is making about 2000 hp and over 4000lbs.ft. of torque.He runs the KT 1150 cummins with a billet inj.pump from CDS.If you want to drive it to the pulls I would stick to work stock,pro street.You would need to pull a tanker of fuel with you to drive a pro stock on the road.

Re: Pro stock semi or even Pro street semi questions July 10, 2012 01:51AM
You will not drive a pro stock truck to the pull!
Rear, rear end cannot move in relation to the frame. Kinda hard to do and undo that kind of connection at the event.
So far NTPA weight is still 20,000
Outlaws is trying to get to 16,000. It is doable, but only if the semi guys WANT to get them to 16,000. 18,000 would be easy.
Pro stock, and super semi have 16" hitch height. Unless you are running with the 6th graders with the hitches attached to the 5th wheels.
JD4020puller hit the horsepower figure a tad low, (for a Larribe/Kielmeyer/Walker) pro stock set up, but that would be in the ballpark for the Outlaw PS semi's and the Minnesotah guys and their 4.1 turbo's.

Re: Pro stock semi or even Pro street semi questions July 10, 2012 11:41PM
I knew I was low on the horsepower,but I was going from memory on what I read on here a few years ago when Mike had both trucks listed for sale.I don't think the air compressor on the back,of the pro stock trucks, is DOT legal either.

Re: Pro stock semi or even Pro street semi questions July 11, 2012 09:23AM
A guy with a street semi around me just dynoed 1800 hp at the crank with a single charger cat

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,768, Posts: 229,934, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009