Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 03:16AM
Is there any tractor pullers out there that finance their tractor to be put together, engine, chassis etc

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 04:34AM
Not for very long

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 04:42AM
Never finance a hobby. The spending isn't done after its built. Just going to dig youself a hole.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 05:09AM
If bankruptcy, divorce, and poverty are on your bucket list, go for it. It'd be a heck of a good time while it lasted.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 05:37AM
i know several people who have taken out loans, second morgages, ect. and they never last long in the sport. If you can't build it, blow it up, and rebuild it DON'T DO IT.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 05:55AM
Typical yearly depreciation is 10% on lots of stuff, what is it for a pulling machine? I suppose it depends on the class. But I agree, bankruptcy would be just around the corner if you go down that road. I think this is why you see machines parked for the rest of the season or longer.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 06:36AM
This is the sad side of pulling,I know of past grand nat'l. champions that pulling has broke them,one passed away owing hypermax $200000.00 lost his farm and divorced.Many have taken out bankrupcy and keep on pulling,another was stealing diesel fuel out of trucks he drove for his day job so he could haul his tractor to the pulls,it becomes a disease and an addiction some can afford it and many can not,it is a tax write off for many people,the one thing for sure is it will never pay it's own way.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 06:42AM
I wasnt going to finance, Just seeing if there were pullers out there. And yes very expensive sport.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 10:11AM
who was it that passed away oweing 200,000

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 12, 2012 05:26AM
ryan roe

He lived in the MO Bootheel and pulled a red one..

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 12, 2012 05:26AM
ryan roe

He lived in the MO Bootheel and pulled a red one..

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 12, 2012 09:06AM
He lived in Iowa and pulled a red one

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 06:44AM
Loan rates are low. If you are going to pull it may not be such a bad idea. If you build up every year you may be better off to barrow money and get the best right away. Say I want this $6000 injection pump, but I only have $4000 now to spend on a pump. So next year I buy the $6000 pump anyway and sell the $4000 pump for $2000. It is not a great idea to borrow money, but if you are going to do something over a time span sit down run the numbers and see what way is going to cost you the least amount of money. It will only work if you can control yourself and still stay within what you will be able to pay back like any other purchase. If you can afford a $400 a month boat payment you do not buy a $100K boat.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 08:43AM
Or you just let it sit and save the money up sounds like a better plan.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 08:57AM
OMG ,,, with money as cheap as it is , why wouldnt you ?? If you want to build one do it , hell the champions arent scared of bankruptcy , put it in someone elses name and keep pulling

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 09:16AM
In most cases people cant save for this. It's like a house the price seems to be going up every year. Then you say well a house goes up in value. Buying the right tractor can do the same. Now i'm talking about your average Antique to hot farm not Grand national Tractors. I guarantee you can walk out and set on your tractor any day, try that with you stock investments! Oh wait you cant cause the money is gone and the CEO of the company is on the beach by his house you bought by investing. Best investment you can make are in your own Yard. Just my opinion though....

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 02:27PM
If you cant build it yourself you shouldnt even think about this money wasting game ;;;;

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 02:39PM
Its just like stock car racing. Lots of people barrow money for that or at leaste the hauler.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 03:21PM
Banker
Its just like stock car racing. Lots of people barrow money for that or at leaste the hauler.
So banker, will you loan me the money for that hauler if I don't have federal crop insurance on my crops?

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 12, 2012 01:09AM
Banker
So banker, will you loan me the money for that hauler if I don't have federal crop insurance on my crops?

Most stock car racers that barrow money for the hauler do not do it as a farm truck. They do it as a RV or as a home equity loan. As far as a farm operating loan if your banks rules are you need insurance then you need insurance. They have the money and you are asking them for a loan so their rules.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 12, 2012 03:42PM
Banker
Banker

Most stock car racers that barrow money for the hauler do not do it as a farm truck. They do it as a RV or as a home equity loan. As far as a farm operating loan if your banks rules are you need insurance then you need insurance. They have the money and you are asking them for a loan so their rules.
Banker thank you for your response. Now, where did I ever say where I ever say I needed the money for the hauler and and need that for a farm truck?

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 02:46PM
If someone charges $60/hr for assembly and the owner of the puller makes $100/hr at their job, given there are no spare hours to give up, then financially it would make most sense to hire it done.

This isn't my scenario but your statement has a lot of holes in it. Convenience cost money, and some people can afford a LOT of conveniences.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 02:47PM by AV.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 03:31PM
Theres no reason this sport should cost this much. Example: input shaft from a pulling parts fabricator/supplier. 790 bucks (which was to short and was heat treated wrong. Supplier said another 7 weeks and 790 bucks). Input shaft from local tool and die shop, 450 bucks 2 day turn around, heat treated correctly with better material. The shaft Kennys made is now a very expensive clutch alignment tool. Another example: cage kit. 1000 bucks, no base mig welded dom from a pulling parts fabricator no base, diy install and supply your own 6x6 gussets, seat, harness. 1000 bucks installed with seat, harness from local race car chassis shop. Fuel systems, engine work, its all the same story. You mention pulling and automatically rapes your wallet.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 04:35PM
yeh but you got the money big daddy or at least someone doesBeer

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 04:57PM
I believe 100 percent that your shaft from down south was wrong in all aspects.

That sounds like par for that shop.

Did you really get a shaft from a local shop in 2 days???

Proper heat treat takes several hours, if they are waiting for
you when you get there.

There are a minimum of 4 setups on an input shaft for machining. 2 for turning and
2 for hobbing.

I highly doubt 2 days could get that done.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 10:10PM
I Believe
I believe 100 percent that your shaft from down south was wrong in all aspects.

That sounds like par for that shop.

Did you really get a shaft from a local shop in 2 days???

Proper heat treat takes several hours, if they are waiting for
you when you get there.

There are a minimum of 4 setups on an input shaft for machining. 2 for turning and
2 for hobbing.

I highly doubt 2 days could get that done.

I dropped the the blue print off on a Thursday along with a coupling and a clutch disk hub. Picked it up on monday evening. I will tell you that this place specialty is gears and shafts for mining machinery. Only reason i didnt go there to begin with was i figured they wouldnt mess with just one shaft but they helped me out.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 11, 2012 10:16PM
Im not saying they didnt work on that over the weekend but Id consider that a 2 day turn around.

Re: Financing pulling Tractor July 12, 2012 03:23AM
Some just dont pay there bills around town and then ask the same companys there not paying to give them sponsership and most still give. I suppose out of not wanting to delay the larger amount of money the puller owes. You dont need to go to the bank for the money just dont pay your bills and cry about how hard times are rite now. What these pullers need to know is your addicted and with that reputation from your pers nobody gives a darn how good your doing in this sport!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,804, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,958.

Our newest member CBeard