Helmet cam July 11, 2012 05:03AM
Wondering what helmet cam has the best picture and sound quality? What one has the best combination of both? I've been seeing a lot of gopro but the sound quality don't seem the best. I also see some guys use a vholdr? Seems to have good picture and sound. Let me know what you are trying and how does it work. Thanks!!

Re: Helmet cam July 11, 2012 05:27AM
The reasoning for the sound quality not being the best on the GoPro videos is the housing that allows you to mount it--since some people mount them and go 150 mph, it does help to reduce the wind noise. You could probably find a way to mount it sans housing, but I wouldn't want to risk a $300 camera that way.

Do you have a link to a video using a vholdr?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Helmet cam July 11, 2012 02:54PM
I believe it was a vholdr that Allen Ulmer mounted to our lss a few times and I was very impressed with the video quality and sound. One thing that could have been better was mounting it to the rollcage instead of my helmet. [www.youtube.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009