LLSS in NE, IA, MO July 13, 2012 03:51AM
I have been reading about the Limited Light Super Stock tractors online and watching youtube videos for the last several months and would like to see some real pulling. Was curious if this class was around here at all for me to check out. I would consider building one of these because they look to be relatively affordable (compared to a 504 with 3 turbos) but would hate to not have any place to pull.

This class looks to be able to offer a whole lot of color to a show and a mix of smoke and smokeless entertainment. Just wondering if there were any in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa, or North West MO for me to check out. If not would there be any interest in building a class of these and any orgs interested in having this class?

Re: LLSS in NE, IA, MO July 13, 2012 05:47AM
IAMO pulls this class, go to their link for rules and schedule.

Re: LLSS in NE, IA, MO July 13, 2012 06:09AM
Mstpa has a similar class as does x calibur and mid mo i think

Re: LLSS in NE, IA, MO July 16, 2012 07:30PM
How does the iamo rules compare to the gordyville rules. Could someone run a 5.9 cummins in the iamo class and what are their rules on what rearend you can use. The iamo rules were rather simple and im interested in possibly building one. What kind of power are these tractors making that run this class with iamo.

Re: LLSS in NE, IA, MO July 17, 2012 02:04AM
Per IAMO's rules - [iamopullers.com]

6,000# Super Stock Tractors
General
1. All rules for the IAMO Pro Stock/Super Stock Tractors are locked in for the 2012 pulling seasons.
Definition of Tractors:
1. 6,500# Pro Stock: 360c.i. limit, Gasoline or Diesel Fuel only, any single Turbocharger, 24.5x32 maximum rear tire size.
2. 6,200# Limited Super Stock: 320c.i. limit, Gasoline or Diesel Fuel only, any two turbochargers, 24.5x32 maximum rear tire.
3. 6,300# Limited Super Stock: 360c.i. limit, Alcohol only, any single turbocharger, 24.5x32 maximum rear tire size.
4. 6,200# Pro Stock: 410c.i. Limit Zero Tolerance, Gasoline or Diesel Fuel only, any single turbocharger, 24.5x32 maximum rear tire size.
5. 6,000# Super Stock Tractor: 410c.i. (2) chargers maximum, Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, or Alcohol, 30.5x32 maximum rear tire size.
Chassis and Hitch
1. All tractors to have a "Wide Front" axle. No single pedestal front axles allowed.
2. Sheet metal must match brand of tractor.
3. All Tractors are not to be longer than 13 feet from the center of the rear axle to the forward most position of the tractor including weights.
4. Front weights not to extend 36 inches forward of the factory grille position.
5. Rear weights cannot extend past the rear tires.
6. Drawbar cannot be connected to the hydraulic system in any manner.
Drawbar Limitations
1. 18” minimum length with 20” maximum height
2. All minimum lengths will be measured from the centerline of the rear axle to the attachment point of the chain.
Safety
1. All tractors must be equipped with engine side shields.
2. All tractors must be equipped with stabilizer bars.
3. All tractors must be equipped with wheelie bars.
4. All tractors must be operated with hood, grille, and have fenders that support the weight of the driver.
5. All tractors must have a fire shield between the engine and the driver of no less than .060 metal from side shield to side shield and from top
to bottom.
6. All tractors must have two (2) 3/8" bolts in the exhaust as close to the elbow as possible at 90 degree angles and no further than two inches
apart.
7. All tractors must have a nationally approved scatter blanket.
8. T/A's, Power Directors, or like transmissions must be shielded with a steel shield or a board approved scatter blanket.
9. All tractors must be equipped with approved type kill switch(s) or air shutter kill devices that can be activated by the pulling sled.
10. All drivers must wear an approved fire suit and DOT approved helmet.
11. All throttles must be of the "Dead Man" type and must idle in the rearward position.
12. All tractors must be equipped with capable roll over protection.
13. All tractors must be equipped with a fire extinguisher within the reach of the driver.
14. All tractors must have a shield on the front crankshaft pulley and/or harmonic balancer, which will, in the event of a failure, contain the
pulley and/or balancer within the engine compartment.
15. All tractor engines must have a 3/8" minimum steel cable surrounding the engine.
16. All tractors must be equipped with front stabilizer bars or skis. The lower most portion of the bar must be no higher than 4” off the ground.

Re: LLSS in NE, IA, MO July 17, 2012 07:13AM
I know the iamo rules as they and nwmtpa are local but i usually pull with nwmtpa. I was just suprised when i saw the any single turbo rule when most are running a 3x4 turbo max. You can make alot of power really cheap with a 360ci and unlimited single.

Re: LLSS in NE, IA, MO July 17, 2012 07:24AM
hartbreaker - Not trying to be smart here but how big of turbo do you think you can light with a 360 and will it be efficient enough to make any more power?

Re: LLSS in NE, IA, MO July 16, 2012 02:00PM
I'm hoping to get this class started in tx, using the basic gordyville rules. It is a fun class. Don't have to break the bank building a tractor. Just running exhibition runs for now, if it gets started, we have 3 people I know of that will build. Cockshutt 570 puller on youtube.

Re: IAMO Contact July 17, 2012 08:07AM
Give me a call if you would like. I will help you all that I can. The 5.9 does have great potential and it is not a true brand specific power plant. I look forward to hearing from you. 660-247-1397 please leave a message if no answer or email me at iamorep@yahoo.com.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009