Henry...Thank You July 15, 2012 06:41AM
I want to take a moment and say thank you to all who helped put on the show at Henry from the competitors, track crew, fair board, and all who had a part in the background. I was able to take my 3 yr old to his first pull, who had been talking about going since we returned from last year. He had a blast and truly is hooked...no pun intended. He loved all the smoke and was in amazement with feeling the power as well.

You could tell the track needed a lot of TLC due to the rain but it looked pretty good from an educated fan standpoint. Once the sun went down, the weather was very nice. And to think there were hardly any bugs hovering around the light; that was a huge plus.

From a personal opinion, this was the first opportunity I had to watch the limited pro class. I was pleasantly surprised with all the competitors, with all the colors, and realizing any one of them had the chance to win.

The major disappointment of the evening was when they began slowing the show down to get the mod trucks and mod tractors to end at the same time as mentioned on the speakers. Pull off or not, this was not a good part of the show considering I had a 3 & 6 yr old with me who were getting very impatient. I understand the reasoning behind it to a point; but in our area of the bleachers, many people had begun to leave once the program went into slow motion. My only suggestion about this as a spectator would be to run the classes and let them finish. Some people may not want to stick around for the mod tractors and some can't wait for the mod trucks to get over. And I say this believing the start delay, any sled or class reset had nothing to do with this as well, as didn't seem to have any part in the delay. In my humble opinion, Henry is better than this.

A question was asked over the speakers if the light super stocks were wanted back? Heck yes !!!!! With Stormy and Little Temptation sitting in their respective trailers, what about a demo run for the fans? haha Smiling

What about the mid-west regional diesel trucks? Heck yes !!!

I truly do not know but would appreciate any info, but where were the ULSS "Toys" and their mod counterparts? What about Bullwhip? I would assume they are broke or had other commitments, but am just wondering.

Overall, it was a great time and I once again really appreciate the opportunity to have a high quality show close enough for my family and I to attend. The price was right and my kids got more pictures and fan cards than you can shake a stick at. To me, this is what it is all about. You can watch them on YouTube all you want, but it’s not the same as being there in person. Thanks again!!!!

Re: Henry...Thank You July 15, 2012 10:30AM
Thanks to jerry and all the workers that helped, class act, we'll be back next year, Glory seeker pulling team......

Re: Henry...Thank You July 15, 2012 12:10PM
That happened in Onawa at the Outlaws show. They slowed one side down early on to keep it in line with the other. Here's the reality: It's tractor pulling! Do not ever intentionally slow the pull down. There will be breakage and there will be vehicles that don't get lit, so that will take care of itself.

Keep the show moving! If the show gets over under three hours or one side of the tracks gets done first, that's OK by me.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009