Holiday Pulling Shirts - Is there Interest? November 01, 2010 04:07AM
Hello Everyone,
You may recall that last year Excel did a few holiday themed t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirts and hoodies that we had available around this time. We didnt have any immediate plans to bring those back as there are so many different classes and kinds of pullers, it was difficult to find a layout that worked for everyone. However, we have been asked about bringing them back.

I have talked with the rest of management here and we have decided to leave it up to the pulling community. If you guys want the shirts, we will make them. That being said, with the overhead that comes with printing shirts, we need to be able to move more than a handful to make it affordable for everyone.

At this point, we are not promising that we are going to make the shirts, but we wanted to poll everyone and see who might be interested in them. If you could, please reply to this post with a no or with yes and approximately how many total garments you would want (if yes, possibly consider leaving a way to get in touch with you if we do end up offering these again).

If we were to offer these again, this would be the design that we would be offering (below). Again, this is a stock design that everyone would (might) have access to, if you want something custom we can help with that too.

So I leave it in your capable hands. Who is interested in getting one or a few shirts/long sleeve shirts/sweatshirts/hoodies with this layout? Please post your answer.

Sincerely,
Patty

Excel Sportswear
1-800-784-8857 x122
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Website -
[www.exceltees.com]

Friend us on Facebook - [www.facebook.com]

Follow us on Twitter - [www.twitter.com]

Excel Sportswear is an Officially Licensed Supplier of New Holland, Case, Versatile, FFA, Mack Truck, JLG, Honda and BMW Motorrad Apparel

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts - Is there Interest? November 02, 2010 01:42AM
I will leave this up to you guys until November 16th to see if you do want to have these available again.

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks in advance for reading.

Sincerely,
Patty

Excel Sportswear
1-800-784-8857 x122
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Website -
[www.exceltees.com]

Excel Sportswear is an Officially Licensed Supplier of New Holland, Case, Versatile, FFA, Mack Truck, JLG, Honda and BMW Motorrad Apparel

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 02, 2010 08:23PM
Can you still get last years designs?.You offered a green tractor and a red tractor.I liked the green one and would be interested in sweat shirt with the green tractor.The brown tractor is ok,but the brown color isn't very Christmasy.I found some pictures of last years design and i'll try and post them.Randy.

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 02, 2010 08:33PM
id be interested in the green one!

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 03, 2010 12:18AM
To be completely upfront with everyone, herein lies the dilemma.

Last year, yes we had the red, green and brown tractors available. We picked red and green as they are holiday colors and brown to make a reindeer tractor that people that were not red or green fans could have as well, that went well with the holiday layout.

However, in offering all 3 designs there was not enough ordered of any one design for us to even break even, but we still printed all 3 layouts and took a loss on all 3 sets of shirts. Also there was quite a bit of debate and emails in to us from mod pullers, different class tractor pullers, non red/green tractor pullers and almost every class of truck pullers from stock all the way through to semis that were wondering where the design was for them.

In the past 2 years I have learned a lot about pulling and you all have been amazing to work with, but I cant seem to come up with a design that would work for everyone and not make anyone feel excluded. You are all involved in an amazing sport and I can see how it can consume you (I have been to 2 pulls and I am hooked already!), but it is still a sport with so many variations.

If anyone has a design in mind that could work for everyone, or if everyone wants to jump on board with the universal brown Reindeer tractor, we are more than happy to make it work for you.

So here are the choices, I leave it up to you guys:
1. Go with the brown one.
2. Kick around some ideas with me on a new holiday layout that would encompass everyone.
3. If someone wants to get 72 green, red or any other truck/tractor/mod shirts (combo of t-shirts, long sleeve t-shirts and/or hoodies), I would be willing to do a run for them to sell on their own. If anyone wants this option, I would be willing to use your tractor/truck, it does not have to be stock.

I am open to suggestions. This is something that we want to do for you guys. I am not looking to even turn a profit on this, just not take a loss.

Please feel free to post suggestions and we can see if we can come up with something that works for everyone. However, if we cannot come up with a different solution, I am still polling to see if we have enough interested in the Brown design to make that work for everyone.

Thank you all again for your interest
Patty

800-784-8857
www.exceltees.com
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Sincerely,
Patty

Excel Sportswear
1-800-784-8857 x122
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Website -
[www.exceltees.com]

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 03, 2010 12:30AM
Hey Patty, there were 8 reindeer correct? Why not design a shirt with 8 different types of pulling vehicles pulling the sled ie: 4x4 truck, 2 wheel drive truck, modified tractor, red super stock & green pro stock tractor, semi, mini modified and a blue or orange tractor. Just a thought.

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 03, 2010 12:43AM
JR
Although I love the idea, and its one we have kicked around in the past, it really wouldn't work on the shirt.

We are working with a 13x15 inch space. To have 8 tractors/trucks, plus Santa's sled, everything would be so small you would lose all the detail and it wouldn't print cleanly. Not to mention, with that kind of a layout, only the 4 tractor/trucks on the outside would really be visible. The other 4 of the 8 tractor/trucks would be blocked by the row on the outside.

As much as I would like to make this work, with the limitations of a shirt design, I dont think this would would be feasible.

Im sorry.
Patty

800-784-8857

Sincerely,
Patty

Excel Sportswear
1-800-784-8857 x122
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Website -
[www.exceltees.com]

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 03, 2010 12:35AM
I'd suggest a layout with a green Pro Stock, red Super Farm, blue Light Super, orange Diesel Super tractor lined up in the background with a 4wd, 2wd, 3-engine Mod and a 5-engine Unlimited Mod lined up next to them in the foreground with a Mini (with red nose) leading them ALL hooked together pulling a sleigh. It covers all you major classes and has a little something for everyone. Have it look like Santa is flying out the back of the sleigh becasue it being pulled so fast.

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 03, 2010 12:46AM
Unfortunately, this falls right in line with JR's idea. Although a great idea, it doesn't really work well in a 13x15 inch space.

If we had more room to work with, and it was a horizontal area to work with rather than vertical it might be something that could work.

Again, I am sorry, but that one just isnt going to work for us.

I really hate telling anyone no, but I would rather tell you no than promise something that we either couldn't deliver or just wasn't up to the quality standards you guys deserve.
Patty

800-784-8857

Sincerely,
Patty

Excel Sportswear
1-800-784-8857 x122
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Website -
[www.exceltees.com]

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 03, 2010 10:54AM
A Reindeer with headers with small flames for antlers a small red turbo for a nose and 18.4x16.1 CEPEKS for rear legs. Make the sled the dominating object to make pulling stand out. The sled could have some stacks with some smoke blowin. I'll leave the rest up to the artist.

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 05, 2010 08:55AM
anymore word on the holiday shirts?

Re: Holiday Pulling Shirts How about last years designs?. November 08, 2010 01:30AM
We will have a final answer for everyone by the end of the week.

However, as it stands right now, if we do decide to offer them, it will be just the brown tractor, not any other design at this time.

Thank you for your interest. I will keep you posted!

Sincerely,
Patty

Excel Sportswear
1-800-784-8857 x122
pwhitaker@exceltees.com

Website -
[www.exceltees.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason