hard starting case July 17, 2012 11:20AM
Recently put a new a pump on dad's 3000 rpm 504 case and now it seems to start hard. Its not decompressed but I almost always need to give it a sniff of either to start, didn't have this problem with old pump. The shop that built the pump said I should run 38* of timing, is that too much?? Was running 32* before??

Re: hard starting case July 17, 2012 11:59AM
Might be to much fuel, just barely give it throttle or pull fuel shutoff, crank while pushing back in.

Re: hard starting case July 17, 2012 01:52PM
As baad medicine stated. With the fuel shutoff out start cranking engine and slowly push in fuel shutoff.

Re: hard starting case July 17, 2012 02:28PM
Make sure balancer has not slipped so the timing could be off and work the kill switch like what has been stated

Re: hard starting case July 17, 2012 02:42PM
Could be 180 out?

Re: hard starting case July 17, 2012 05:52PM
Doubt it's 180 out. It probably needs ether because at some point in time most pulling tractors need ether.

Re: hard starting case July 18, 2012 04:26PM
So i tried using the shut off cable as suggested and still no start without either, tried several times and ways. Seems to run great once its running. I don't think its 180 off because it runs so well. I could maby belive the balancer off being 40 years old or so. So one other thought, with the cable in it dosen't have smoke coming out while cranking, if it was flooding wouldn't it still smoke? Also put a bigger battery on to crank it over faster wich did help it start better when its hot but if it sits over nite i have the hard start problem again. Oh and thanks for all the thoughts and help guys.

Re: hard starting case July 18, 2012 11:31PM
Hmmmm, no smoke, no fuel. Could be the pump on low idle, I had one like that on IH wouldn't start like yours, took it back to shop. You said new pump could be something in it. It's Hot out you don't have it in a freezer to work on it do you ? LOL

Re: hard starting case July 19, 2012 03:19AM
maybe theres no start spring in gov.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason