DOT rules: Would this affect pulling much? July 21, 2012 07:20PM
The story below is about the California DOT implementing rules which will make it more of a hassle and more expensive for NHRA teams to compete there (and I assume NASCAR and many other motorsports series).

Now, before people get on my case that 1) this is California where none of the major sanction bodies go, and 2) this is NHRA, not pulling...... my larger question is if any state which is hurting for $$ (say Illinois for example) implemented a rule like this, how many pullers have trailers large enough that this be a factor? Do any/many teams have trailers over 53 feet?

Aside from the Lambada team's incident in Indiana a few years ago, has there been an increase in issues between pullers and state transportation departments in the last year?

Competition Plus Story: California Dept of Transportation / NHRA

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2012 07:22PM by The Original Michael.

Re: DOT rules: Would this affect pulling much? July 22, 2012 01:28AM
Everything back east here is already limited to 53 foot trailers.

Re: DOT rules: Would this affect pulling much? July 22, 2012 01:46AM
Isn't the Silver Bullet trailer 57 Ft.? I thought they used the motorsport exclusion when they built it?

Re: DOT rules: Would this affect pulling much? July 22, 2012 01:30AM
Sounds like the pilot cars have a better lobby than the race cars.....what a dumb rule... I never could figure out why race teams are allowed a longer length anyway....but why change now??

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009