eaton water March 10, 2011 01:53AM
heard some sf guys used their Louisville water and it failed the "test"? whats in this water and why do some people pass and some people fail?? That sure raises ALOT of questions about Louisville and their testing!!

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 02:18AM
We asked the same question and was told that the shelf life was no good on the L ville water. This is the same water that Outlaw runs as far as I know. NTPA tec was talking about the shelf life.

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 03:01AM
The waters fine only won't pass if your cheating.

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 07:54AM
So who was cheating?

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 04:48AM
The water might have come Louisville but maybe it contained some other ingredients that weren't from the great state of Kentucky. just sayin

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 06:16AM
i herd it was in more than just sf tractors at eaton. several other classes to.

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 09:27AM
Maybe the hot farm class? They sure do alot a talking about water.

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 09:37AM
why all this problem with water..just let anything go..it the pullers want to melt a motor every pass for a little check so be it... what does prostock and lite supers, super stock do for water????..all u hear is s f water would be a lot less problem this is getting so old on this water thing

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 12:47PM
I was told that if you mix anything more than 2 oz. of cutting oil, it would fail the test. An depending on the cutting oil it would still fail. That's using the NTPA tester. Shelf life, that sounds like a line of crap. I could see the cutting oil seperating over time maybe?

Re: eaton water March 11, 2011 01:50AM
What is the brand of the NTPA tester and what model# is it? What other brands and models are on the market/ What brand is this so called "sniffer"? Tried googling it and nothing. I'm looking for specific brands or companies to contact. Thanks

Re: eaton water March 12, 2011 10:04AM
come on, someone must know the company that makes these testers.

Re: eaton water March 12, 2011 03:52PM
All that I've seen the NTPA use for testing water is a hydrometer bulb to test the specific gravity. Sniffer I have no idea what they use & I have never actually seen them use it at the events I attend.

However, the NTPA does have a specific device they use to test the dielectric value of the fuel. At one time I found the NTPA model online but the company that made it got sold. The new company no longer makes that specific model, but makes their own version. The new company does service and will sell refurbished units when they are recieved from a trade-in. If interested post a response and I will see if I can locate the web-site and post a link.

DPS

Re: eaton water March 13, 2011 05:51AM
Yes I am indeed interested.

Re: eaton water March 10, 2011 02:27PM
Think the water could evaporate away and leave a higher concentration of oil in the mixture, causing it to fail the test?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,721, Posts: 229,843, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,083, Posts: 225,970.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro