Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. January 28, 2009 12:57PM
these are the rules for the too hot to farm class. these rules are final for this summer. If there are questions about the rules that you have. call me at (608-739-4089) or justin at (608-475-0661) thank you.

Southwest Wisconsin

Too Hot Too Farm

Rules & Regulations

1. Any willful infraction of the rules will be punished by being kicked out of the class one year and ten days.

2. Decision of tech men is final.

3. Maintain stock appearance.

4. Weight Classes:

a. 11,500

b. 12,500

5. PTO and Hydraulics

a. Has to be on tractor

b. PTO Hydraulics does not have to be working.

6. Turbo Requirements

a. Stock 3LM 466

b. Small base charger

c. No slots

d. 2.5 inlet

e. 403 wheel

f. Wheel must protrude ¼ in the intake housing.

7. Stock Manifold only

8. No Intercoolers

9. 3000 RPM Limit

a. rpm meter boxes required with grace pull to allowed to have them.

10. Engines

a. V-8

I. 580 cu. in. limit or smaller

b. Inline

I. 466 cu. in. limit or smaller

d. 5.9 Cummins

I. 360 cu. in. limit or smaller

e. tractors with stock blocks smaller then limit can change to bigger block if it blots up to rest of tractor without use of adaptor.

I. Meaning 4020s and 4320s can have a 466 block put in them and 706s and 1456s can have 466 blocks.

11. Fuel Pumps

a. Stock core pumps for the block and make of tractor.

I. John Deere have A-pumps and IH have rotary 100-pumps.

II. If tractors can use Rosamaster, Simms, ect

IV. No P-pumps except 5.9 cummins .

12. Wheels

a. Cast wheels.

b. 20.8 38 tires max
20 max rim width.

c. Pressed tin if ONLY stock option on tractor.

13. No water injection or propane.

14. Diesel fuel only.

a. no funny fuel.

15. Stock type Wide front only.

16. Stock front weight bracket in stock position.

17. Safety Equipment

a. Wheelie bars by May 1st.

I. Mandatory within one pull.

II. Has to support weight of tractor.

b. Blankets optional.

c. Air shut off.

d. Steel fly wheel & clutch components.

I. Recommended for 09season but mandatory by 2010season.

e. Fender throttle optional

18. One grace pull will be allowed for a farm stock tractor during the year.

a. stock rpms for farm stock tractors.

19. Every tractor is subject to random inspection at anytime.

20. Maintain stock appearance.

a. Fans & shrouds in stock position.

2009 Tractor Pulls for SWTHTF

1. Dirt Pulls(additions and changes are possible.)

a. Richland Center Churning Dirt Nationals

b. Richland County Fair

c. Baraboo

d. Sauk City

e. Viroqua

f. Viola

g. Boscobel

h. Darlington

I. Mineral Point

2. Blacktop Pulls

a. Ithaca

b. Blue River

c. Readstown

d. Muscoda

f. Avoca

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. January 28, 2009 02:10PM
why dont you just say in farm stock honestly,them are farm rules not too hot rules,but whatever good luck

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. January 29, 2009 03:41AM
Any Dale Rupp pulls????

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. January 29, 2009 05:41AM
i think with the 3lm rule it should be p pump's allowed for all. but good luck with it.+

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. January 29, 2009 12:39PM
we are going to try to get lancaster, patosi, and if dale wants us, cuba too.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. January 30, 2009 12:11AM
are those blacktop pulls a for sure thing? any dates? and are you positive dale will be in lancaster i had heard a rumor he was out this year.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. January 30, 2009 09:26AM
Cory you should get the Dirt Spinner back out for the black top pulls . Unless you have sold it,the good old days.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. January 31, 2009 01:10PM
all the pull on the list are final, and i'm sure about dale but i'm pritty sure we can get the onesx i mentioned earlier.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 01, 2009 12:18PM
any dates?

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 03, 2009 11:26AM
So any altered farm Deere that puts on their old 3LM can come kick everybody any weekend? Stock core pump is an unfair pull. They build ‘A’ pumps the flow 850cc of fuel and have the delivery of a ‘P’ pump. 600cc is standard in the altered class even the expensive unreliable 15mm model 100 cant deliver them kind off numbers. Glad I won’t be running with that handicap! Good luck all of you running anything that isn’t green.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 04, 2009 03:08AM
A stock 3LM will not allow that kind of fuel, also a 3000rpm 466 with no water will not use near that amount of fuel. IH guys are running the class, so I'm sure they didn't make the rules so they couldn't compete. Think before you speak.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 04, 2009 04:55AM
First of all if it isn’t an advantage then why isn’t it just and ‘A’ pump limit across the board? Then stock core or ‘a’ pump tractors of any color could pull in the class. And it’s not the cc’s that they flow it’s the faster delivery that gives them the advantage over the rest of the stock core pump’s. And ‘cumminsracer’ tell me why you can run a P pump on a Cummins but only 360 ci. Umm maybe because the fuel system makes up for the ci.?? But yet it isn’t considered an advantage to run an A pump? Maybe you should think…

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 04, 2009 06:33AM
I don't run a cummins powered tractor, a deere, or a case. I don't think at 3000rpm the P-pumped 5.9 cummins will be that competitive, if it was open rpm it would have an advantage. As was stated in the other thtf post some select the tractor for the color others select for the pump, head, bore-stroke combo, manifolds, parts availability, or cost to buy and build. This is not altered farm if you want to run an A-pump and it didn't come with one from the factory than step up to the next class. I do not run an A or P-pump.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 04, 2009 11:25AM
I run a big block ‘P’ pump tractor so this is all from an outsider. I’m just stating the facts because I have been there and had to deal with rules like this, and I am tell you that it is far from fair! Green will been on top, with a couple high dollar binders that get in the mix and all other colors will fall to the wayside and leave your class. Making it short lived.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 05, 2009 02:33AM
yeah it is kinda funny that you have to run a stock body pump, this is supposed to be a stock appearing farm class but yet in the rules it says you can run a fender throttle -cause yeah all 'farm' tractors have a throttle on the fender right???... LOL... hey dairyblend dont expect the Official and FINAL rules to make any sence... cause what fun would that be.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 08, 2009 01:18PM
the finder trottle is for for drivers safety, it's creates better tractor control and the driver is not leaning over the steering wheel.
yes, want to be stock appearing and safety trumps look anyday.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 08, 2009 01:54PM
or one of your buddies has it,so you made it so he could get in the class.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 05, 2009 05:40AM
this class is kinda dumb due to if you are going to alter your tractor run altered class! but hopefully these classes will get the 466 ci 1066 out of farm class

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 09, 2009 05:32AM
Its getting tractors with built pumps and turbos out of farm, to pull altered and compete most would have to put a A pump on and bigger turbo. just wish the press steel and P pump to work in there some how.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 09, 2009 07:45AM
-hey mark just tell them that you have an IH tractor and then they will listen to you, and maybe you'd get your way with the P-pump and pressed tin!

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. February 24, 2009 01:03PM
LOL is exactly right if u have a red tractor the will make what ever rule u want. But i wouldn't even bother with asking them to make any rules...cause everyone who i talked to who was thinkin bout runnin the too hot to farm class seemed to say that they're staying in the farm class. So i am going to assume that the SWWTHTF class is as good as dead in the water!!!

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 18, 2009 10:29AM
wondring if it will be allowed to neck a charger down to the 2.5 spec or does it have to be 2.5 out of the box

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 22, 2009 02:03PM
see you guys in avoca july 5 need all the tractors we can get can park the tractor at my house day before my name is roger kosharek 804 locustrd avoca wi pull will be on locust rd or campsite rd i have awd allis

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 23, 2009 12:17AM
what are the classes? and what sled did you come up with

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 23, 2009 01:35AM
Cory,
Are you getting interested in blacktop again. Oh, remember all the fun???

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 23, 2009 01:05PM
maybe, still got the ole smokie and a bunch of tires layn around. was thinking dad needed something to do to get him out of this collecting phase he seems to be stuck in.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 24, 2009 02:16AM
Cory,

Are you going to run the alky tractor? Are there enough of you guys in SW WI to have a LSS or LLSS class?

It would be good for you and your dad to get back to blacktop pulling again. I'd like to see it start up again. I might be able to put something together too but Tri-State will take a lot of my summer.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 24, 2009 05:12AM
yep we run with illini state pullers and have for the last two years. got a good bunch of tractors and people that seem to get along real well. working on two new tractors right now but who knows if they will be ready for summer or not. but will have the nasty one out all year if it stays together. tristate didnt seem to interested in us the last two years when i brought up the idea to them and that is fine. get that blue thing out again what was that? o thats right a leyland!!!!

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 26, 2009 01:42AM
I see that they are running a 4 and go speed for farm and 7 and go for SF and open. That sure looks like fun. I've got trany problems with the big tractor. Busted a gear years ago and don't think the Leyland factory is making any more of them. The clutch needs some help too. Not sure if I can get it together this year, but I'm gonna try. I sure like the 5500 SF.

Cory, is your dad going to pull the 66??????????? hahaha.

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 26, 2009 05:30AM
god only knows!!! got a big enough trailer so maybe we could take everything he owns

Re: Offical and FINAL,Too Hot To Farm Rules. March 26, 2009 02:17AM
sounds like my blower tractor will work great for this class...lol....

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,770, Posts: 229,937, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009