Another sbjd wet clutch question July 29, 2012 03:11AM
What needs to be done with the PTO brake when making a stock clutch into a 4 disk? Can it be left in and act as a transmission brake, or does it need to be disabled? If it has to be disabled, what needs to be done. I have to leave my PTO shaft in and functional for "stock appearing" rules. Also for the valve body, i bought one with the ports already drilled but its fom a quad range tractor and mine is a syncro, do i just take the plug in my valve body and put it in the same place in the new one and install all the jumper tubes as they are supposed to be or do i need to change something else? Thanks in advance for any and all advice and info.

Re: Another sbjd wet clutch question July 30, 2012 02:20PM
Any input at all?

Re: Another sbjd wet clutch question July 31, 2012 02:07AM
[ytforums.ytmag.com]

I posted this on another forum.. linked it to save repeating it.. You can do it either way with the PTO brake.. We usually take them out so they don't work back and start dragging.. This shows how to change the oil flow using the lube relief valve instead of the spool in the valve body. You will need to plug the PTO brake port.. If you are directing the oil flow from the valve body, you will need to keep the PTO clutch port open.. If you are using the lube relief valve you will need to plug both PTO ports.
Bryan

Re: Another sbjd wet clutch question July 31, 2012 01:35PM
Thank you for the reply JDGnut, your info is greatly appreciated. This is the first one i've done and am figuring things out as I go. Thanks again.

Re: Another sbjd wet clutch question August 01, 2012 12:26AM
If you remove the PTO brake piston from the clutch operating housing you will also need to remove the oil shield that surround the big pto gear. The shield will not stay in place once the piston is removed and will bind on the gears and be ground up. I had to pull my tractor back apart not fun. Hey JDGnut, I LIKE THOSE PICTURES!!!!

Re: Another sbjd wet clutch question August 01, 2012 01:11AM
Yes.. those are great pictures.. haha.. That's still the best set of hubs I've seen done.. I forgot about the shield...
Thanks..

Re: Another sbjd wet clutch question August 01, 2012 04:25AM
Thanks, I'm glad that your using them to help others out! Are you happy with the transmission you had built?

Re: Another sbjd wet clutch question August 01, 2012 08:44AM
I don't have the trans yet... I haven't called him.. and he hasn't called me.. I told him I was in no hurry for it... I don't have room for it right now.. I have too much other stuff tore down right now... hopefully get onto the next stage of the tractor for the winter...
You need to send me some video's of your tractor.. interested to see how its been running..

Re: Another sbjd wet clutch question August 05, 2012 03:52AM
Hey JDGnut, would it be possible for me to call you and pick your brain a little on this subject?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,798, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard