Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 29, 2012 03:03PM
Why is Super Farm numbers going down? I know most are now 4.1 but what can these pullers do if the class dies? Some states are losing numbers badly and some are now eliminating the big block deere. Why?

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 30, 2012 02:38AM
I believe that over the next few years a bunch of super farm guys are either gonna go to the 4.1 640 class, or the lgt pro stock class. I know a bunch of guys are talking about making the switch this winter. Super farm as we know it will soon be over. I believe that the light pro class has the greatest potential to be the most successful in gathering a huge following.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 30, 2012 03:33AM
I agree and hope for that to happen. 640 cubic inches and a 3 inch charger never did make any sense.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 30, 2012 01:32PM
yeah, its like making a 300 lb. fat guy run a 100 yrd dash breathing through a straw.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 30, 2012 02:56PM
We not everyone can afford to spend an extra 20 grand to jump up a class that may not even. be in their area anyways.i would like to see what kind of tractor that you pull.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 30, 2012 03:12PM
Pretty sure there are super farm tractors put there that cost as much if not more than the light pros. Just sleeve or de-cube the super farm and slap on a bigger charger and change intake-header.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 30, 2012 03:39PM
Well thats the thing if sf are already built than its just an additional cost that not everyone has in therevbudget. Agreed that most sf has spent that much or more and most have done it over time and cant just dump another load to change classes. We dont come on here bashing lmp or ltp we just enjoying pulling in general. Why dont we all just build full blown pros, they are much better to watch

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 30, 2012 04:12PM
yep light pro is just as cheap as sf . right! Ive built both and the 4.1 turbos need attention every 6-10 hooks if your going to push it what it takes to win , ya if you run conservitive you may get a season out with luck, but every time the turbo goes in its 1000 to 1500 if your lucky a sf precision will run a couple years if you don't do somthing stupid like burn the fins off or run somthing in it. its only a matter of time b4 the Hunts, Decks, Kavons, and the rest of the win at any cost pullers get ito limited pro or light pro, and then all the so so tractors will b right back were they are in the sf class, the back
sorry just the way it is. more power = more cost period. sf is not going to die as those that think it will be easy or just as cheap to go pro light or limited
step up it makes room for other to jump in. its all a big cycle.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 30, 2012 05:16PM
What tractor do you pull? And for everyone else that thinks its as easy as switching turbos, manifolds and turnin the fuel up well if you say so.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 12:30AM
Well said ya ya ya maybe!

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 02:09AM
Super farm would not be bad to watch if they lightened it up to 7000-8000 lbs. be lot more fun to watch. Opening can of worms for sure talking about this class.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 02:19AM
I agree, if anyone thinks that keeping a lt pro competitive is cheap then they are very badly mistaken. But I do believe that either the 4.1 limited pro, or the lt pro class offers the greatest bang for your buck. I can only speak for myself, but if im gonna invest the time and money into a tractor I want to go as fast and make as much power as my pocket book will allow. I can assure you that a $75,000 4.1 limited pro or lt pro will produce more power than a $75,000 SF. I am well aware that people will spend more or less than the example given but its all relative. It will be interesting to see where this goes over the next few years, but I don't think you will see SF on the GN or Champions Tour schedule in the next 2 or 3 years. To be honest, at least half of the people that run for National championships in the SF class could afford to run a pro stock tractor if they chose to. We'll see I guess..

the real reason ----It's the water issue July 31, 2012 02:27AM
nobody wants to say it but the real reason SF is dying is because NTPA won't police the water addaitive problems,,,and it aint just one builder or puller, the tractor pulling class turned into a chemistry class!

Re: the real reason ----It's the water issue August 01, 2012 01:39PM
and u think a 4.1 dont use water are they getn checked

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 03:24AM
Also having 3 orgnizations (ntpa, outlaw, ppl) with 3 different set of rules didnt help, super farm is dying......

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 03:45AM
The rules say 3x3 turbo,if they would open up the turbo rule 4.1 class was not needed. In Jefferson Wi. the fasts class on the track that night was SF over 30 mph, the other classes were 4.1, pros and llss.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 03:53AM
Why dont they run lighter everbody seems to like the lighter classes now? I dont like telling other classes what to do but this seems like it would work. What is the reason for running so heavy? Thanks

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 04:29AM
ya ya ya maybe
yep light pro is just as cheap as sf . right! Ive built both and the 4.1 turbos need attention every 6-10 hooks if your going to push it what it takes to win , ya if you run conservitive you may get a season out with luck,

The only attention 4.1s need is oil change every few runs. You do that and it will last you at least 25 runs. Don't know what turbo you're talking about because I've never heard of a 4.1 charger only lasting 6 to 10 hooks. If you said 60 to 100 hooks you would be right about the turbo.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 06:10AM
you say its not as eas yas slapping a charger, and turnin up the fuel on a super farm then why have guys in MO been doin it for years? and running with everyone, if not beating them????

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past July 31, 2012 06:26AM
I talked to wipeout enterprises, a leading builder of both super farm and light pro. they said building a super farm motor 70-80k 1200hp. light pro 60k 1800 hp. 10-20k less and 600 hp more? i know which one i would pick. and every super farm will eventually wear out. so if i could use over my chassis and build a light pro, I would make the switch.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past August 01, 2012 02:15AM
Problem is you DO Have to start over!!!! Thats $120000 in two yrs if your the top dog runner. That is what the problem is.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past August 01, 2012 04:04AM
1800 is about 300 horse shy of the top runners in that class. So for 60k you can run at the back of the pack.

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past August 01, 2012 05:51AM
Why would you need to change everything for limited pro, most superfarms are 640 so thats covers alot, you will change intake, exhaust, cam, not sure on the fuel pump, of course the charger, and probably some plumbing thats not 120,000$ worth bud, i would say 20k and you will run good

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past August 01, 2012 07:36AM
I herd if you don't have a billet crand, rods, and external oil system then don't even think of bolting a 4.1 on. Is this true or no?

Re: Is Super Farm a thing of the past August 01, 2012 08:15AM
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

This sites has some really good topics but most of this crap is just gets old all the time. Throwing numbers around say stuff they have no idea wat they are talking about! Probably why i visit this site less and less... 80k nah 20k well back of the pack would get u that, 30k swap turbos exhaust cams dur dur dur! turn the fuel up how hard is it! soo annoying when this is probably someone who hasn't ran a full season is any organization at a high level like people do in NTPA,Outlaws,PPL etc etc. i am not bashing a the smaller pulls cause i sure do enjoy those very much to and lots of work/money go into anything your passionate about! as for the super farm class dieing i am not seeing that in alot of the pulls were sf has still the strongest numbers of tractors and if it wasn't for a little @#$%& class as it gets referred to then the shows would look pretty bad when only 3-4 tractors show up per class sometimes.. all the classes bust there a$$ and work together on putting on a good show for the fans that come to watch. nothing else to really say i guess.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,785, Posts: 229,971, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,049.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009