AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 02, 2012 04:22PM
Man as a fan in the stands and a follower of the profarm turbo class I have to say this year is very disapointing! This was a good class on most nights last year there was at around five or more tractors. I dont see the five JD's or the ford or the massey or the case. I heard that the class has gotten so expensive that guys could pull superfarm on the state level for not much more money. Thats a shame I like to go to alot of these pulls and with only two tractors showing up it is not wth the drive or the gate fee to go watch. Where is all the tractors AFPA?

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 03, 2012 09:09AM
They did the smart thing and went to a better club!!!

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 04, 2012 12:06AM
Im heaeing that most of them cant afford to do it anymore. They wanted to change the charger size and so they did and found out that good 3x3 turbos arent cheap. The guys that could have done something about it just stayed home and didnt vote on some of the rules.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 04, 2012 12:37AM
Tractor pulling costs alot of money it doesn't matter what class u pull. That class was made by the guy who pull. I know I can't afford a pro stock so I pull in th pro farm class and never stop working on my tractor. I enjoy this class and gives us a place to pull close to home but just like most good things some one has to mess it up. If u think u can build a hot farm or open tractor for not much more you haven't looked into it very hard. I know the other night all the pullers had a good time and that's what its about.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 04, 2012 03:13PM
You dont need rules if you dont check anything! So run whatever you want. Noss sounds good.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 04, 2012 05:18PM
Yes, we all had a good time the other night. As far as the stabs and gouging about tech and rules, you wont find a cleaner run class anywhere else. These guys with the tractors know the rules, they are in black and white. They also know at anytime the side shields and hood could come off and get teched so the tractors do and will get teched as they always have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2012 05:20PM by sled sports.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 04, 2012 11:13PM
I know a guy that went from the pro farm class cause it got outta hand an so he pulled his charger an @#$%& an dropped to the N/A class then that class was build for certain ppl as the club president.. So now theres a 20,000$$$ dollar pulln tractor sittn in the barn collecting dust because of it... An plz don't even get me started on the diesel truck ppl or classes!! An yes henry you know who I am... I'm not hiding my Lil chubby buddy!!!! Lol

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 01:42AM
It's pretty bad when the vice president and also the so called 'tech guy' can build whatever he wants so he can win. I would like to know how many MM's had Cummins in them. Let me guess, you are going to use the excuse that white bought them out and that it's ok then right? So if IH gets bought out by Boeing does that mean I can run an aircraft engine????? This class is dead and everybody just needs to face the truth.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 02:02AM
red machine
It's pretty bad when the vice president and also the so called 'tech guy' can build whatever he wants so he can win. I would like to know how many MM's had Cummins in them. Let me guess, you are going to use the excuse that white bought them out and that it's ok then right? So if IH gets bought out by Boeing does that mean I can run an aircraft engine????? This class is dead and everybody just needs to face the truth.

Your exactly rite!!! Your my Kind of guy... I been wondering the same thing!!!!

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 02:19AM
I quit. Thats what everyone seems to want so i quit. You guys have fun. Dont look for me at anymore pulls.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 03:53AM
We don't want quitters just want answers man!!!!!!!

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 03:59AM
Yea right were have I heard that before! You will be back your the VP of the club and the owner of your ride is board of director so you know you can do whatever you want as always. This club needs new people running it anyway so take the rest of them with you if you do go. I wont hold my breath though you hold all the cards as it is. Your above post does crack me up though a protest was made once money in hand and was refused by the president himself. But I'm sure you will sugar coat that also. And nothing is checked, so were do come off saying it is! What a joke. Hopefully someday someone will start a new club and write the rules and run it as it should be run.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 04:06AM
Since you have your knickers in such a twist, I would think you would be a candidate for president at this clubs next election!
No need to start a new club, just jump in and make this one better!
Or do you just want to bit(h, and not do any work? See, being an officer is work. Sounds like something you are not interested in.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 04:10AM
Beam me up scotty!!!!!!!!Beer

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 04:36AM
I do believe that protest was 100 dollars short. If i recall there where only 400 dollars brought forth to protest with and if my calculations are correct thats not enough. Theres your answer

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 04:07AM
No I beleave the excusse I heard was it was ok to run the cummins in a mm due to the NTPA said it is ok to do so! Still confused on that one. And plese dont go away crying just go away!

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 04:53AM
If I was being protested and there really was $400 put up AND I WAS LEGAL, I believe I'd settle the dispute !!!! take their money !!!......maybe not so legal after all??

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 05:00AM
I think i'll retract my quitting statement from above. As a matter of fact theres another MM G1000 vista sitting in the shop right now and you guessed it. It under construction with a Cummins. Go cry somewhere elsewhere because it seems to me the ones doin the complaining dont even have a rat in the race. As far as the cummins in a moline, youve answered the question yourself a dozen times. My name is Jeremy Henryand i will not hide behind a keyboard so lets see your name and face at the trailer, hot dog stand, signup area and introduce yourself and we will gresolve this matter unless you dont have a tractor in the class then you aint got a complaint now do you? This year is Don and I's last year and we will gladly turn the reins over to you so you can straighten out this corrupted mess we call a club..

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 06, 2012 03:11AM
Goly gee Big J we have all heard that before. Today your quiting and tommorow your not. Taday will check tommorow we wont. Were going to run the rpm box then you get there and you dont. Same old B.S from the same old people that run the same old club. Please do use a favore and go ahead and quit and take the other one with you to! Im sure the nexy President and V.P cant screew it up any worse. But you will be back just like always. Hollow threats to leave office dont have me shaking in my boots so DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE REAR ON THE WAY OUT!!!

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 06, 2012 03:16AM
wowzer
Goly gee Big J we have all heard that before. Today your quiting and tommorow your not. Taday will check tommorow we wont. Were going to run the rpm box then you get there and you dont. Same old B.S from the same old people that run the same old club. Please do use a favore and go ahead and quit and take the other one with you to! Im sure the nexy President and V.P cant screew it up any worse. But you will be back just like always. Hollow threats to leave office dont have me shaking in my boots so DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE REAR ON THE WAY OUT!!!

Get in line for the job. You can have it.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 06:56AM
Just sounds to me like a case where someone use to win all the time and now someone new is winning and the person or persons that use to win are mad and complaining. That's pulling!! The person that use to win needs to pony up money for good parts and dyno time and get back on top. Hard work and money equal wins in tractor pulling!!!

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 05:42AM
Quit whining!
Question #1: Are the haters even club members?
Question #2: Did the whiners even vote on the Turbo Class rules?
Question #3: What makes any difference what motor you put in a tractor if it's not over the cubic inch limit specified in the rules that members voted
on?

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 06:52AM
Question#1. No, they are not members.
Question#2. No, They did not vote.if they had no change would have happened.
Question#3. Amount of money spent is the difference.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 06:09AM
you guys need to quit whining on just one class. aircraft carbs legal on pulling tractors? just run what you got and be happy with it or spend some money on your junk and run it. im happy with what i got

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 07:00AM
Just sounds to me like a case where someone use to win all the time and now someone new is winning and the person or persons that use to win are mad and complaining. That's pulling!! The person that use to win needs to pony up money for good parts and dyno time and get back on top. Hard work and money equal wins in tractor pulling!!!

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 08:54AM
ford super major
you guys need to quit whining on just one class. aircraft carbs legal on pulling tractors? just run what you got and be happy with it or spend some money on your junk and run it. im happy with what i got

As long as its configured in a up draft arrangement. Im still not sure about the 6 cylinder in a fordson is legal. Lol

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 01:50PM
as legal as a cummins in a moline. lol its tractor pulling run what you got. see you guys thursday.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM August 05, 2012 04:21PM
WOW! I see why the class is dying now. I think all my buddies and I will go watch OSTPA instead.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM January 15, 2016 03:32AM
Did this class get more tractors where it's from I was down at surgarcreek at there last pull and watched
A 3000rpm class I didn't know if it was the same class or not .
I see there is a 3000rpm class in the north/eastern ohio is that the same as this class also
Thanks in advance was just going to start building one did know what direction to go.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM January 15, 2016 08:03AM
We have a few more tractors now and a few new ones that are coming out this year. This club is based in West Virginia and we did not pull at sugar creek as a club. I believe the rules for that class are totally different than ours.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM January 17, 2016 04:13AM
Pro farm is a great class, but will never survive when changing rules all the time. 466 class is the only way to go. People need to move up instead of changing rules all the time.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM January 17, 2016 04:28AM
Who is always changing rules? Rules have been the same for 5 years that I know for sure.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM January 17, 2016 08:23AM
I just looked at these rules at both profarm classes (AFPA & northern ohios rule)
My questions is put all that money into a profarm with the AFPA why not run a super farm???
At least the other profarm sound more like a step up from improved/hot farm
And there is a profarm at harrisburg pa that sounds better yet but just my two cents?
At least cut the turbo back to something smaller. LMAO

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM January 17, 2016 01:06PM
The northern Pro Farm is 540 2.9 3lm charger water to air cooler,the farmers is 585 3by3 no water coolers both 3000rpms and 20.8 tires. They may check your charger and run rpm box but that's it.

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM January 17, 2016 03:40PM
One other thing, if someone has a smaller charger or some differences we will make some concessions to allow you to run. You can call/text me any questions you may have. Zach Peters VP AFPA 7four0-285-six495

Re: AMERICAN FARM PULLERS ASSOCIATION PRO FARM January 17, 2016 07:49PM
Ya that sounds about normal if you got something smaller than we will let you run
But STAY AWAY if you got somehing bigger!!! Class still sounds like you should of built a super farm.
Come on now a 585 CID and a 3x3 you don't even have a box 3x3 so you are spending the same as
A super farm on your turbo.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009