outlaw dss battle August 03, 2012 09:19AM
helluva battle between ullmer and goodwin for the dss championship in outlaws my money is on ullmers to dethrone "THE KING" what everybody else think

Re: outlaw dss battle August 03, 2012 12:59PM
Curious didn't Matt miss Hinton?

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: outlaw dss battle August 03, 2012 03:59PM
yes he missed hinton but they gave him full points for last place even though he didn't hook to the sled.

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 01:06AM
So Ulmer hooked twice and won getting 37 pts and Matt was at home and got 29 or 30 pts?

Just trying to wrap my head around this.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 01:15AM
yes adam thats exactly what happened and your not the only one trying to figure it out im pretty sure ullmers dont agree with that either and frankly either do i id like to go back and check the outlaw results sometime and see if everybody that broke got hook points for not showing up at the next pull

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 01:33AM
Im pretty sure ulmer understands. Same thing happened to him two years ago in Cameron mo. He backed the light super out of the trailer and the funky starter they use failed. Wasn't able to hook but got last place points. Yes he was there and matt wasn't but my point being neither hooked.

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 01:43AM
by the way who won the battle in hawarden last nite i couldnt make it

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 02:17AM
Miss a hook for ANY reason, 0 points. Thats the way it should be.

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 02:03AM
I know someone could say "because that's the way it's always been" as an attempt to justify it, but I've never understood where the amount of points came from anyway. Why get 37 points to win and zero points for being broke? It is ridiculous to think that someone should have to haul a broken tractor to an event in order to get hook points unless we're talking about getting tens of thousands of dollars for winning a point race. I've seen people bump the sled for points and frankly, it is a waste of everyone's time and the individual pullers' money. Seems that a puller who can't make a hook is totally penalized while a puller who wins a hook really doesn't get rewarded much. 37 points to win, but you only gain 1 point on the 2nd place tractor?

Why not lower the number of points for everyone. That way every point counts for a bit more and the guy who doesn't hook still might have a chance at the points race and will still show up at events down the road. I'd say 20 points for 1st, 18 for 2nd, and go on down accordingly until you award five points for everyone else (7th on down). Guys who don't hook get zero points, but losing 20 points (or less) behind the guy you are running points against is less punitive than 37 points.

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 02:22AM
I don't doubt they have an understanding, I was just confused as I thought it was Ulmers to lose after Hinton and didn't know the ruling.

It does seem though not enough reward for the pullers there compared to a puller that doesn't hook or show. For instance this ruling in a 22-25 tractor super farm class means more of a penalty than in a 9 tractor dss class.

Thanks for the update on the ruling.

Edit: good thing Tyler was first hook at Hinton and got to drop the OB because an OB at Hinton would have only given him 1 pt over Matt. Seems like a flawed rule.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2012 03:51AM by AV.

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 02:47AM
so what does the rule state for a guy like bowles with haleys comet he doesnt go to every pull do you still get hook points or do you just get points if your broke

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 03:17AM
To answer your question ulmers took first and Goodwin took second and may have broke, he was quick to shut it off but im sure knowing Matt if it's remotely possible he'll have it in moville tonight .

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 03:28AM
Sounds like it won't matter he will still get his points and be in the hunt for another championship.

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 03:31AM
I would put my money on Matt Goodwin as long as he can get it hooked to a good track he can easily catch Ulmers so it should make wisner interesting but that is just my opinion.

Re: outlaw dss battle August 04, 2012 12:11PM
Goodwins were in hawarden last night and hooked and believe they got 2nd. Tyler won with the Lost tractor on a heck of a nice run. He had a little hard time getting all turbos spooled up off the line but did an awesome job. Dad also won the light class in missouri to get the points lead in that class now.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009