Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? January 29, 2009 11:12AM
Just wondering if anybody knows when ITPA schedule will be released and also if they will have co-sanctioned pulls with ppl again?

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? January 29, 2009 12:23PM
Schedule was updated today. Yes they are co-sanctioning.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? January 31, 2009 02:09PM
it wii not change untill miller is retired or impeached

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 01, 2009 09:00AM
Seems odd that 1 class goes from 15 hooks to 5 and 1 goes from around 12 to 34 ?? I can't believe that 10 promoters dropped us when some of them have had us for several years. Makes you wonder if it is really the cost difference between classes or something else. Any insight Miller Time??

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 01, 2009 10:03AM
It could have something to do with there only being 5 6200lb trucks that showed up regularly (when I saw the class), as opposed to the 10 or so that showed up regularly for the diesel trucks. I'm not criticizing the 6200 trucks, but I do go to my fair share of ITPA pulls, and those are the numbers that usually showed up. The promoter probably wants a class with numbers, and the spectator likes to see more than 5 trucks. That diesel truck class was awesome in 2008, and fairs were already talking last summer about getting it at their pulls. Just a possibility.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 01, 2009 12:08PM
just hope everyone can get along good luck to every one

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 01, 2009 01:10PM
just let the diesels have the five hooks and give me my membership back

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 01, 2009 01:41PM
Was getting my truck ready to join ITPA, but dont want to pay membership for only 5 hooks

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 01, 2009 03:52PM
sounds like mr miller the pres should stop and think how long the 6200lb class was there for him in the past and remember if he keeps running the 8000lbs class the numbers will drop big time and also needs to look at the membership money if only 5 hooks why pay the same as the 8000lb class if thats what he want to promote think about what got to where you are know

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 04, 2009 02:50PM
You know ive seen all the bickering on here and yeah its understandable why the alcohol 4X4s r mad cause the diesels got that many more pulls which u cant blame them. its impressive watching black smoke roll like a tornado in the air from a truck. Kids these days see that and they can relate to the street diesels cause most younger people drive diesel trucks. its something different and i think the crowds are going 4 the diesel trucks more and more. numbers and variety of brands plays a big part 2. hell who cares if its mainly cummins, the majority of the crowd dosent know the difference. as long as there are a variety of dodge chevy and fords this diesel class should remain big for a long time. numbers are strong and growing. all of the drivers get along great 2. there is hardly ever a dispute. Now with the alcohol trucks.... yeah they were there years ago and were really beneficial to the itpa, but guess what kids times have changed and new things are coming up. You cant blame the whole diesel class for your lost hooks. the fairs just want the diesels more than you. i dont think the blame needs to be on miller either. the crowds proved which classes they preffered. yeah alot of people like ear drum shattering motor noise and dirt slinging and alot like that sweet sound of those big turbochargers light up and can still hear after each run. both put on good shows just the diesels r obviously more popular now. 4 how long? no one knows. but the alcohol burners would do better if they had numbers, which they dont. and from whats been said they wont have hardly anyone in 09, which totally screws their class. oh well thats just my 2 cents! oh by the way, if the itpa does away with the alcohol class that opens up a new class 4 the unlimited twin turbo diesel trucks lol! Good luck in 09 everyone! Take care and God Bless!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 01:56AM
itpa should consider a TWD diesel class. Any idea how that would go over with the TWD class they have now?

Low #'s are not just in Alcohol 4WD class February 05, 2009 03:37AM
First of all look at the price of fuel and the wet spring that we had in 2008.

Lets look back a couple of years ago since we are talking about low #'s. The 2WD trucks haven't had great #'s either look at that class the last couple of years. What would the #'s have been like if Nelsons and the Jacks only had one truck. To help this class out Miller books the PPL Mid west region at the bigger pulls. ( this also help the pro's also). The Pro Stock #'s have not been the best either and how did the itpa help the #'s in that class? That's right Miller added the SF class and allowed them pull in the PS class to get more tractors in the class. Then when the Pro's #'s were still low he combines classes by letting the 9700 SS to hook in the class and vice versa the Pro's could hook in the SS class to help there #'s. Now this says alot for what the itpa will do to save a class or two. I think that the alcohol 4x4 are having the same thing happen to them that happened to the LSS class a couple of years ago. If Miller likes your class he will try to keep the class and if he doesn't like your class then o-well. I'm not blaming Miller or the Diesel 4WD but think about it.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 02, 2009 03:15PM
miller sold out the mod 4x4 class, i was at the aledo pull and there was only two 2 wheelers & i think 3 or 4 super farms, i think that there was some semi pulls with only 2 trks plus art!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 05:39AM
no, whats really happening is the prostock trucks are putting on a better show with more trucks, plus alot of people like smoke over noise. so guess who they book? its not real hard to figure out.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 07:23AM
All the mod 4 wanted was a fair shake. We knew are numbers were not as good as in the past but every one has bad years. It just happened to be that more than one truck had numeruos problems, Kenny Samet had motor issues not once but twice, Layton Seggebruch had serious motor issues and driveline issues, Brammers built a complete new truck and waited almost all summer on motor, Gerald Amman had serious flooding all spring and into the summer he had enough to worry about just getting a crop in the ground. There were a couple of new trucks that didnt get done on time because of issues that were beyond there means. So if you look at the trucks mentioned by name you had some very good competitors that had a very tough year and would have been at every pull just like they have been in the last few years. So why should the Mod 4 class be penalized for having a tough year ? Its not the diesel trucks fault, and they should not be blamed for having exellent numbers and putting on a good show.I think that MOD 4 class just did not get the representation that it deserved for all of the good years that it has supported the ITPA!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 11:49AM
everybody else was at Henry....

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 07:28AM
This is the biggest mistake ITPA has ever made. I am not a puller but I am a huge fan. The 4wd truck guys are all great guys and the friendliest guys I have met in ITPA. Heck we stopped at Brammer's trailer and his mom gave my son a cookie once. I hate to see good people like that get screwed in anything. To me I see enough smoke nothing against smoker classes but once you see one cummins you've seen them all. Mod 4x4 give us that Ford Chevy Dodge rivalry we all grew up with, not 11 dodges and a Cummins powered Ford. I can see that at any brush pull. I don't want to offend anyone but I figure the voice of the fans need to be heard. I attended 10 ITPA pulls this year and keep distances as I watch so here is what I came up with based on the average of the number of vehicles in each classes 3 semis, 3 Super Farm , 4 prostock tractors, 5 4X4, 5 single engine mods, 3 2wd, 3 big mods, 12 D 4X4, 12 limited Pro, I am just a fan and this doesnt hold any weight but there were as many 4x4 trucks as most of the classes. Being a 4x4 fan I try to follow the gossip of the class and have heard Brammer's have a new truck coming out this year and the Southern belle seems to go where they go now your up to seven solid trucks. As for guy ripping on the Bone and Rock I read on this site he hasn't seen how much those trucks have improved over the years. They're are nice people. I hope ITPA comes to their senses and quites biting the hand that feeds them. I do think I see the best pulling in the nation at ITPA events, I hope they don't ruin it.

Hope the Fat Guy STill RULES with the new truck

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 09:05AM
Wow, guess the 4 wheeler debate is on hu. Personnally I like both 4 wheel truck classes, I do believe the fans right now, especially the younger ones, can relate too the diesel class, because that is what they are buying off the showroom right now. However there is something to be said for the alcohol 4x4's. Both classes are impressive when there are numbers. I noticed in this years rule changes, that they are going to be able to move the placement of the engines, and have upped the cubic inch limit in the diesel class. They may also have added beefier rearend to run, I can't remember, its been a while since I looked at that letter. I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Now my point being, as a class moves further from stock components it will typically lose number of competitors from sheer cost and scale of undertaking such a project, along with many other factors. The diesel class is definately riding a high of popularity right now, along with diesel classes in general, just look at all the diesel tractor classes poping up everywhere. Now look at the current 4x4 alcohol class with the full tube chassis and all the billet drivetrain to make them try to hold up. The diesel class may eventually look like the 4x4 alcohol chassis only with diesel engines. As the diesels continue to progres the chassis will naturally need to improve with the horsepower improvements. When this happens, it would be very interesting to come up with a way for these classes to merge together to form one. Then you have all the components of good competion. Lots of current and old brands represented, and gas vs. diesel. what more could you ask for. I realize there are a lot of holes in this theory, and people are bound to bring up a lot of them, but look at your grass roots 4x4 pulling right now, a lot of 4x4 gassers are being redone to compete with the diesels, and vice versa, so why not bring that kind of grudge match attraction to the circuits. The fans would love it, and the pullers would benefit from a greater number of hooks Alcohol or Diesel burnner. Ok fire away.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 09:37AM
There have been a lot of 8000 open classes popping up, but never see a diesel step up when a mod is around. I just want to know why miller wont promote the mod class like he should. Diesels have 34 hooks, mods only 7. He should have stopped signing diesels at 20 or 25 and started pushing mods. Would have made more sense to me. Also why doesnt ITPA offer a per day hook fee like everyone else, that way you wouldnt have to pay a yearly membership.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 11:11AM
There is a per-day membership, $60 if I remember correctly. Find the director in charge of the pull and pay them.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 11:46AM
This issue is not about drawing lines in the sand and saying 1 class is better than the other or whatever. The diesel guys and us both have fans and friends all over. The guy that painted my truck was a diesel guy (Todd Cox) I couldn't tell you how many conversations we had when he was pulling to try and get things right. I agree that 34 is alot of pulls in a short time frame to keep everything in 1 piece . Ask the 12,000 farm stockers what happens when you pull 30 times a year in a short time span. I have seen alot of classes start strong and then slowly lose #'s. Remember when the 9500 farm stock had 25 entries??? Our class is not the only 1 that has had low #s last year as the previous poster pointed out. I think the 6200 4X4 class has been around since the early 70's at different weights and C.I. limits so I'm not ready to give up yet.

I think in 2007 we had 8-9 vehicles at the events and 7 trucks won pulls so this #s deal didn't happen overnight. Sometimes life gives you a shitburger and it's your turn to take a bite.

We competitors in the 6200 4X4 class can do 1 of 2 things.

Stay home and let our class die without a fight or go to the 5 pulls we have with good numbers and let the chips fall wher they may..

I looked at the schedule and there are no conflicting dates with any PPL Champions tour events. I'll be at the ITPA pulls will you?

Ken "You ain't running me off that easy" Samet

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 11:59AM
Wow excellent post Ken.. Now some of you guys know what its like to be an Ant./classic puller..

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 08, 2009 11:51AM
As a diesel truck puller I would rather have 20-25 hooks, 34 is to much when 19 are in july. As for the comment about us going the way off the semis I dont see it there are already several unlimited bugget trucks in our class, of which I am not one. I wish the best to the 6200 4x4 guys and hope they can regain some of there hooks.I would like to watch them more often.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 03, 2009 02:36PM
Whatever you do, DO NOT contact Miller ahead of time. He will turn you down. Just show up at the pull ready to run, and talk with one of the directors.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 04, 2009 04:37AM
Mod4, I understand what you are saying about number of hooks and you are correct. 30 something hooks is a lot to make in a season, and you are correct that other classes have came in with some major popularity and then had some decline in numbers. However have you ever considered approaching your local fairs pull superintendent and asking him to put your class in, and you may be in already, I don't know. but members of a class getting involved with there local fairs pull is a good way to get the more hooks your looking for. Maybee you already do this, but every puller should take on the task of putting on an event at least once. You will definately think twice before gripping about track conditions and It will bring a whole new appreciation for the events that you do have.
As for open 8000 class, I can't comment to much on that, because I honestly have never seen or heard of it. Is it an ITPA sanctioned thing or are you talking brush pulling? My speculation is that the alcohol mod 4s are making a little more hp, and the diesels would be giving up alot on there dot tires on top of that, so you can't really blame them. If the rolls where reversed, would you put another run on your engine, clutch and tires? My comment in the above post was a prediction for the future, as the diesel 4's keep progressing which I am shure they are bound to do.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 04, 2009 10:44AM
I sound like i'm against deisels, i'm not. I like them as well. The issue I have is the management of the whole deal. Miller only wants to take care of the classes he likes.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 04, 2009 09:24AM
illini state puller i believe do or have done this in the past...open truck classes , the diesels were/are hard to beat is what i heard. somebody coorect me if im wrong if they are still running together.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 04, 2009 12:42PM
I don't know where to start. I read all these posts, some good some NOT The fact is there are many things in play here. One thing I have not read about is the 5$ per gallon fuel last summer, might have had something to do with the low numbers in many classes, not just the mod4x4s.Also the 2wheelers,prostocks,superfarm and 4x4mods also run the national level,PPL or NTPA and from what I have seen most of the pullers from ILL do very well away from ITPA ,but this also hurts numbers. The way I see it we have some of the best 4x4mods in the country here in ITPA and the board failed to promote our class!! I don't have a problem with the diesel 4x4s good luck to all of them. I would like to thank the fair promoters that did book our class Heather and I will also be at all 6 of these pulls and I hope all of the ITPA trucks will do the same
THE BONE
THE ROCK
ORANGE KRUSH
HENRY'S HEARTBEAT
BRUT FORCE
BLUE MAX
HOOTERVILLE RAT
CORN FED (brammer's new truck)
AMERICAN FARMER
SOUTHERN BELLE
ILLINOIS THUNDER
As well as DIXIE CHOPPER AND YANKEE BLUE who also pulled with us.
This should be a GREAT show
See you this summer
Ted Skelton

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 12:31AM
i just dont understand where people get off blaming miller for the classes decline. the fairs will decide what they want to see. is the board suppose to say, no you cant have the classes you want, they'll go elsewhere. there is now a few good diesel trucks classes in the state. when im at all my pulls a try to make sure a talk to the fair members and make sure they liked the pull the just saw, ask them what theyd like to see different or there complaints, theyll tell you if your about to get cut....if they said this year they are pissed at the numbers in the class, you could explain the breakdowns and the new trucks coming on line for 09....sell you own class alittle, itll go a long ways

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 03:37AM
I predict that in the future of the diesel class will go the way of the Pro-stock semis. Someone will come in with deep pockets build a truck that no one can compete with and the current boys will go back to brush pulling. Then they will have 3 trucks in the class including an Art Downs type truck. As for at merged class of trucks take the turbos of the diesels they really suck, add a turbo to the Alcohol trucks remember BAD MEDICINE or Silver Bullet althought that might be cool to see it becomes a 4wd Super stock class so I don't think you could truly get a fair class,

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 04:29AM
Y'know if it weren't for the Art Downs vehicles of any class all of your guys shiny @#$%& wouldn't look nearly as impressive. It takes guys like that to make the other guys look good. He realizes that his stuff doesn't always look or perform the best. But, Art's family has 2 generations of support in the sport. Between announcing and promoting a couple of events over the past years on his own and having a vehicle out there, he works to keep improving the sport in general. What do some of you other guys do? Show up to pull, pack your stuff and collect your check.

Art and other guys like him have enough sand to go out there and enjoy the sport instead of whining about how "it costs too much to win." They are true competitors. This is supposed to be an enjoyable sport to try and compete in and there are several crybabies over the years that have quit because they can't win. The sport has too many people that have quit or will quit because they don't have enough backbone or pride to accept the fact that they can be beat. All their shiny @#$%& will get sold or downgraded into whatever new class some organization creates because the owner can't hack the class that he is competing in that has surpassed his pocketbook or his capable knowledge to keep up with everyone else and they will be the legend in their own mind because they came in and were the king for 2 seasons. Gosh, that really compares to the 15, 20 or 30 years that guys like Henry Piper, Banter Bros., Engler, Gettinger, Vories, Lehn, etc. put into the sport and helped make it what it is today! Not everyone has the time to sit and just shine all day. Some of them work on their stuff themselves and being on the track after it is fixed is usually more important that making sure that it will shine in the shed where no one else can see it.

Yes, fans deserve to see good equipment compete but everyone deserves to bring a safe competitive vehicle to the track to compete against whoever they want to if their vehicle meets the rules. All the people who complain about seeing this subpar equipment, what are driving to the pull? Did you wax it before you went to the fair? If it was able to get you there safely are you ashamed of the fact that you had to ride in it to get there? Or better yet, if you want to see better equipment get off your ass and build it!

And that is all I have to say about that!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 05:44AM
Who said anything about taking turbos away from the diesels? or giving turbos to the alcohol trucks? It was just a thought, and all I am saying is If the classes where to someday merge. It will not happen this year, the next or maybee even the next but it may be feezable to look at the option for the future. The competitors of those classes would have to hash out those kind of issues, probably based on what kind of HP numbers they are making respectively, and what may be possible. I don't know what the alcohol guys are making right now, 1500?, 1800?, 2000? or more, I don't know. Same goes for the Diesel guys, I don't know what that classes horsepower numbers are either. There would probably be seperate engine guidlines for diesel and alcohol engines. As seperate classes, the rules for the diesel class may someday allow them to make the same, or closs to the same hp numbers as the alcohol class, and they may already do that. I am mearly saying, that if the chassis end up being the same, with tube frames, and fiberglass or (gutted) sheetmatel, and full cut pulling tires, all that would be really left to do is come up with similar hp numbers for each fuel engine. As for the comment above, that was in very poor taste, and I think Carl was way to nice too you. Remember that paint don't pull.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 08:49AM
I think the alcohol 4wd have been the heart and soul of the pulling world since the arena touring days, they deserve more respect
and I find them fun to watch pull. The deisel are good pullers also but the alcohol need their fair share of hooks also, five is not enough.
Low numbers will have happen in all classes with this bad economy, ITPA needs to appreciate them more. I hope to influence the
Monroe County Fairboard to bring back the 4WD class, they used to be a regular at our fair and I think our fans would love to see them
in the future.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 11:26AM
is the schedule set in stone or is tenative??

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 01:56PM
tenative, and going to your local fair board and saying you appreciate the 4wd class is the way to get more hooks, not come on here and bash the board.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 05, 2009 02:16PM
I don't remember a tentative schedule changing unless an event is added or cancled. I think the ones listed are set as far as classes go

Carl my man I agree 100%. I was 1 of the pullers with not so pretty equipment not so long ago and I'm thankful I had the opportunity to progress over the years to where we are now. I'm sure the ITPA appreciates the support from Art and people like him. I know if he had the backing he would be a contender for sure. In the words of Art himself "It wouldn't be right for 1 of those shiny high dollar trucks to get last place"

Ken "I ain't forgot where I came from" Samet

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 06, 2009 05:41AM
I have been following this discussion on the site and thought I would say something. I haven't been to an ITPA pull but I attend several NTPA pulls and Illinois has some of the best Iron in the nation. The dirtslinger team, Money pit, Nasty Stuff,and Mister Recovery have all been winners in the national scene. Illinois should be proud of what they have. This 4wd drive thing is silly. I have been a fan of 4wd trucks since the 80's and Illinois had a truck called Southern belle who was a Multi-time Louisville champion and a gray ford with flames who i believe was a champ as well. The Mister Recovery truck could win anywhere and has won at The Fort. I don't attend PPL pulls but the Illinois thunder truck I've seen on tv holding his own. There are other lesser known trucks who do respectable at Tomah and Bowling Green not at the level of the 4 I just mentioned but I would say they would be tough in Illinois. My thought would be this Miller guy does have something against this class booking it should be as simple as getting a man lost in the dessert to drink a glass of water. The diesel trucks are somewhat entertaining but it isnt close to the same class. It will be around for a long time but it is just another class. The pulling world has to stick together tractors,trucks etc you can't have a show with one class. 4wd trucks deserve respect and I understand why these fellas are upset. I am a fan of pulling an always will be the mod 4x4 are my favorite class and guys be patient this diesel stuff is new and they will have a bad year with numbers at some point too. Not that I am wishing that on them its just a fact. Things will even out. The major sanctioning bodies don't even have the diesels on there top levels. Good luck in Illinois to all

Joe Hoffman Canton Ohio

Re: Good Illinois iron won't hook in the state February 07, 2009 12:49PM
Reason is: Mike Miller

This person has his favorites that he "takes care of" and has driven most of the IL pullers away because of it. Take Pro Stocks for example. There are just a handful of them that will show up in IL, all basically from the same stable. Why, because they are Miller's buddies, they get preferential treatment. That is why no one else will show up. The rest of the class got tired of getting screwed.

It goes the same way with classes he doesn't like. He has tried for at least 3 years to kill the 9500 farm stock. Can't give reason to do it because this is one class with good numbers. Only one of two classes that will consistently have more than 4-5 vehicles show up. Give him one reason to hurt a class and he will do it.

The Illinois Tractor Pulling Association desperately needs new leadership.

Re: Good Illinois iron won't hook in the state February 07, 2009 01:19PM
good 2 know lance and miller are such good buddies

Re: Good Illinois iron won't hook in the state February 07, 2009 02:34PM
they are done in about 2 years. personally, they treated me well, business wise they have treated me terrible and i didnot take it personally, i just quit so they could be without 1 more vehicle.

Re: Good Illinois iron won't hook in the state February 08, 2009 09:35AM
no the deal with the 9500 is that there is alot interclass problems. honestly, they bring it on themselves....

Re: Good Illinois iron won't hook in the state February 08, 2009 09:52AM
dont lump the whole class in 1

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 07, 2009 01:32PM
My fair is the Monroe County Fair also and I don't want to watch the alcohol 4wd trucks...Bring on the SMOKE!!!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 08, 2009 04:10PM
I like smoke also but we already get that class on Monday, would be nice to have alcohol on the weekend.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 09, 2009 04:31AM
Both Truck Classes are awesome cut some tractor classes and have them both. I love the alcohol trucks my favorite is those fat guys rule trucks of Jason Brammer Blue Angel and Mr Recovery. Heard they have built a new one, is that true? I hate to have to drive all those miles to see the 4wd classes but I will. It would be nice just to go over to waterloo. The diesel class is cool too but it doesn't offer as many superstars of the sport yet like the alcohol trucks bring to town. In the old days we would have some of the top trucks in the sport come to town every year. I love the smoke and the noise have them both at the fair! Hope to see the fats guys in Monroe Co. Good luck!!!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 09, 2009 05:16AM
Bring on the 4wd drives! The tractors are all the same every year a change would be nice trucks would be awesome!!! Alcohol engines make my girl excited! Do me a favor and bring on the noise and the Horsepower!!! Please! NO 2WD TRUCKS 4 wheels or forget it

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 11, 2009 04:17AM
Yes Brammer's built a new truck if you've read the other posts you'd know that. The body looks the same without the lettering. They are calling it CORN FED I saw them running it late last season at Arcola Ind. It is pretty impressive they were just short of 4play in the pulloff. Hopefully they run the whole Grand National series this year they could win it all when they get all the bugs out. I'm a Ford guy and its seems they have the top true Ford in the country if they decide to show up and it sounds like there isn't much for them in Illinois this season. Noticed they are coming to cloverdale and running both classes so they must still be testing things. As a Ford guy I hope to see them take it to thoses chevys and that Yankee Blue is another ford I will be following but I don't think he has enough for CORN FED at least from what I saw at Arcola. Good luck to all Ford pullers. Chevy guys look out Corn Fed and Yankee Blue 1 and 2

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 11, 2009 04:35AM
I saw Jason Brammer at Kamp Speedway last summer and he said he was building a new truck. I am glad to hear it's done. He was tuning on a latemodel to keep his mind off pulling and helping his uncle (Dick Potts) and I go there every weekend and you could see a huge difference in that 92 car when he started helping regularly. These guys are sharp guys who will be tough in any motorsport the decide to do. Hopefully the go back to pulling full time this year I'd hate to have to contend with Potts with Brammers helping him all season. Love watching pulling hope to see Alcohol 4wd class at Iroquois Co Fair and others.

Robert

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 12, 2009 04:27AM
I saw that truck at Arcola. It is exciting to see a ford run right with 4play. I agree that truck is wicked looks like they could be the top Ford in the lands but time will tell. Those boys seem to come and go on the national scene not sure if its because of work, but when they're around they have been tough. That new truck was well worth the wait. They seem to never lack horsepower now they have a truck that will get it to the ground hopefully they do run the whole grand national circuit. It's time to have a new face at the top of the mountain. If the GN champ is from IL the ITPA will look stupied not pushing the class. But then what could y'all talk about for two weeks in JAN/FEB. The diesel class is nice but let it grow. This Miller guy need to let it grow not burn guys wallets up by having 30 hooks in 2 months. I am from Indiana and love the truck classes if the 4wd trucks need hooks I would love to see you at HSTPA events and to Brammers bring it home for us ford guys. Hopefully they run all NTPA GN events! FYI Yankee Blue is Chevy powered. Cornfed is ford powered though. As for other IL trucks that Bone truck is one of the coolest looking Fords, seen a picture once would like to see it run. GOOD LUCK and for the record I do slightly prefer the Alcohol trucks if any fair board is reading this but I do enjoy the Diesels too

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 12, 2009 05:00AM
Well, Well, Well, It seems some Ford guys think that have their new top dog. When was the last ford to win a NTPA GN title? Bet you can't name one in recent memory! well how about PPL/ATPA ? nope, still nothing? So why would you think this guy from Illinois is gonna change that. Can you say OVERRATED!! ITPA is a bunch of has bens anyway the trucks a guy mentioned earlier arent even around anymore! Heck I think that Southern Belle guy has to be close to 90 and he's the best truck in IL history. This new Corn fed truck may be the best Ford in america, but there is no way that it can run all season with those new Chevy Hemis or Super Steve's motors out of Indy. I predict 1-5 on the GN circuit will be chevy's and that includes Yankee Blue(Chevy Powered). Corn Fed don't waste your time!

Troy From Michigan AKA Mr Bowtie

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 12, 2009 05:35AM
I am a fan of ITPA and didn't much care for Mr Bowtie's comments. 1. The only trucks mentioned in any eariler posts that aren't around are Mr Recovery (they built Corn Fed) and Illinois Farmer who's owner was killed a few years back. 2. There is no reason to call a pulling legend old not sure how old Gerald is but he can't be over 75. 3. Brammer's do run with the big dogs and have won. 4. If you have gone to ITPA truck pulls you would see most of so called big shots finish in the back when they come in, behind not just Brammers but Skeltons, Samet, Orange Krush team,and Hooterville Rat. 5 I am not a Ford Fan but if Brammer's truck is running right they could win it all ( in case you don't Know thats CORN FED) so that guy from IL could change the running order alittle. 6 This is some advice hope you run if you smart off around these guys. Jason Brammer alone is a good 300# and Ted SKelton is a Big S.O.B. in fact there really isnt a small guy in the class. So come to IL and watch the boys(and Girl) do their thing

In closing I would like to say the 62 4wd trucks are one of my favorite classes. I will talk to my fair board it isnt right to not have them here in Greenup not sure what it will do for you but Mike Miller doesnt own Greenup!!!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 13, 2009 04:35AM
Ford vs Chevy, "4play" vs "Corn Fed", This is what motorsports are all about! I am a dodge fan so hope Dixie Chopper takes care of them both. I love the trash talk! I can't wait to see how it all plays out on the track. As for the whole diesel vs Alcohol thing I am a dodge fan and so I do enjoy the diesel classes but it lacks that brand rivalry that the Alcohol class has. Someone stated who cares if they are all cummins powered. True fans do their homework and when the announcer tell you whats in each truck has in it kills the class. In Fact saw a pull once, a ford's name was something like "Powerstroke less" it had a cummins like every one else in the class so guys think about what you call your truck keep it secret then ford fans may get excited to see you. The fans of pulling are pretty knowledgible an pick up on things. I don't want to sound critical but as someone who enjoys truck pulling and wants to see both classes grow I thought I would put my 2 cents in. I can't see the diesel classes growing out of the state level until GM and Ford develope engine to run with the cummins but it is still entertaining and I plan to go see them run. The alcohol class looks like it could be exciting with all the rumors of this "Corn Fed" truck out of IL and of course the NTPA regulars including 4 Play. To bad "Corn Fed" isn't at Louisville the big stage would be set. I agree new blood at the top would be great for the sport so I hope this truck lives up to all this. It would be awesome no one seems to be talking about the Profab truck? He should be the one to beat coming in this year. Although 4 play is the measuring stick in Fwd. It will be an exciting season for sure!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 17, 2009 05:45AM
Hello I am a student of the University of Louisville who is a transfer from Parkland College in IL. I work part-time at Freedom Hall in Louisville. I grew up on a farm in Champaign Co and attended several ITPA pulls. I noticed saturday Mike Miller ITPA president in the hallway during the 4wd truck class and I overheard him say he was leaving and wondered why a guy who runs a pulling club wouldn't be watching a class he is accused of not liking. If any president or CEO of a company didn't attend a important business meeting for a more common company (like WAL-MART) they would have to answer to the investors. One would think NFMS would be a big event for someone in the pulling business. That shows a lack of dedication to the business and would throw up red flags all over. In pulling the members are the stock holders and the laborers so as a leader he and the government of the ITPA should be at every major pulling event seeing what they could improve or inhance not going back to the hotel for a nap. The members need to be aware this guy is not your side and that is sad. ITPA deserves a president who is fair and has every classes back not just his personal favorites. ITPA seeming to be attempting to reinvent the wheel with these new generic classes that spread the classes to thin. I admitt I really don't like the truck classes but they should have the presidents support. I just wanted to point out that the guys saying Miller doesn't like the trucks appear to be right. He should be removed

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 13, 2009 05:05AM
Mr Bowtie,

I can't recall any recent champs but Nite Train and Fast Break could change all that. Your right Yankee blue is a chevy and overall championships chevys have dominated but this is a time of Change ask the president. So look out! I am a farmer from Iowa and I am corn fed too. I am an instant fan. Great Name!!

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 13, 2009 05:33AM
Ok this is crazy Jason Brammer the Barrack Obama of truck pulling? They may have a good truck but that guy talking about change. That's weird. I hope they do well. So does that make Carl Downs Joe Biden? Brammer's are alot of fun and I hope that they have a great season. Carl is so much better then Art for the record too. He seems more Knowledgible and is up on all the latest information. Art's a great guy I just prefer Carl now. The hype on Brammer's new truck I find really cool but I hope it doesn't put to much pressure on the boys. They are getting some much deserved praise I been watchin them pull in IL for as long as I can remember. From Oliver 88's and 2255 to Mister Recovery and looking forward to seeing Cornfed. They have nickled and dimed their way clear to where they are today. They always have impressed me with there ablility to get more out of less then anyone else in pulling and they I am sure they haven't forgotten where they started. I really enjoy reading about all the nice things said about them and wish them well. Also heard Art has had some health problems I will keep him in my prayers.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 13, 2009 08:20AM
Don't forget about that Ford out of Wisconsin that finished in the top 5 last year. She will be strong again.

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 13, 2009 10:14AM
If you're talking GN then you mean Rhonda Harstad with the Maybe Baby Ford...

Re: Anybody know when ITPA will have their schedule out? February 13, 2009 11:00AM
Yeah and Maybe Baby is Ford in a Ford! Mr Dodge, don't go lookin under hood of the Chopper!

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,640, Posts: 229,706, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520