wedge or chrome mollly August 10, 2012 05:06PM
Just wondering on a mod for NEB Bush if you wanted to go to a triple engine setup what would be the best chrome molly or wedge type? Is it just a matter of opinion? also can a guy make a setup for triple engine setup without buying meaning gearboxes if any how to time them? starting out tring to think if I can do it localy thanks for any help

Re: wedge or chrome mollly August 11, 2012 09:23AM
If I were you,I'd call Don Sholting and buy Beautiful Noise.
DONE!
Will be a ton cheaper than building everything from scratch, I don't care how thrifty you are.

Re: wedge or chrome mollly August 11, 2012 02:13PM
Don sold Beutifull Noise and Scott Tedder parted it out.

Re: wedge or chrome mollly August 11, 2012 03:34PM
well I can't pay out the numbers that a new chassis cost.. i have saw the chasis in wisc on racing junk just wondering honest thoughts on what the differece is on a c channel and chrome idk to be honest i don't go to many pulls right now due to work but even with a few pulls a year worth it to me.. got to start somewhere

Re: wedge or chrome mollly August 12, 2012 01:46AM
A chrome moly frame would be lighter and probally stronger. But you will have to have one gear box to stairstep the motors,reverse box,no trans

Re: wedge or chrome mollly August 12, 2012 02:48AM
With a three engine naturally aspraited tractor I would go with a wedge chassis. A wegde gives you more flex while keeping the rear end planted to the ground. You could go with all three engines crank to crank and have no gearbox but wouldnt suggest that, its hard on crankshafts. The lightest would be a Engler style box like The Sting tractor has. Then its that box, three clutch cans, and your driveline. If you get the gearing right in your planetaries and rear end you would not need a transmission and just have a straight through reverser. If your looking to find a used chassis I would go with a truck rearend not a tractor or skidder rear. They are bulky,heavy and not where you want your weight.

Nick Paulson
Paulson Performance Machining
Ogden, Iowa
ppmengineering@live.com
(515) 491-4270
www.paulsonperformance.com
www.facebook.com/paulsonperformancemachining

Re: wedge or chrome mollly August 12, 2012 04:16AM
Getting three engines into the 6200 bush class is not going to be easy or inexpensive. You will need every lightwieght component you can buy to make it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,746, Posts: 229,888, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM