gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 04:54AM
looking for name and number of i believe tractor was called gommers toy international super stock that burt stannard has so i was told im looking to talk to the family to buy this tractor from them i heard there is a big story behind it but the family deserves the money that tractor is worth i know the owner passed away can anyone give me the name of the family? or how to contact the guy that has it now?

thank you

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 05:44AM
Gomers Toy is built of the chassis of Ron Santamore's old Road Runner, from Churabusco NY. Ron had a long battle with Cancer, died this past winter. My Dad used to race snowmobiles with Ron, then helped him in later years when Ron started pulling for a time. His widow's name is Rita. She is still living up there at the farmstead.

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 05:50AM
I will attempt to PM you the info, I do have Yahoo Messanger, and AOL available. Beer

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 08:10AM
awesome i knew someone here would know the tractor and family if you want call her and ask the details if you know her or i can thank you so much, i always loved that tractor i heard it had been sitting and there was a story behind it

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 08:58AM
Spinning Always glad to help, Grew up watching "Rockin" Ronnie Santamore at the Franklin County Fair, with the Road Runner, Gaeton Yelle used to run My Way back in that day, and Billy Delarm with Double Trouble D21, and there was the Bedards (?) (Tom's Farm Equipment) in Moores NY near Dragoon's, they had Wildfire 1206. Trying to recall what else there was, Red Hot and Smoking, I don't know much about who that was, then Yelle bought the Junkyard Dog from Meredith's, and called it the Rooster. I know Ron ran ASTTQ for a few years, had a points title or 2.
Ron also used to pull an 1100 MF stock tractor back in the day, and a Farmall called Blacky with a panther on the side.

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 09:33AM
Gomer's Toy and Road Runner are two different tractors. Both went south, never came back.

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 10:12AM
Andre Bedard
Gomer's Toy and Road Runner are two different tractors. Both went south, never came back.
OH!?? Thanks for the Info Mr Bedard, most of us up here we under the impression that RR was made into Gomer's Toy. My Bad. Hey, wait a sec, Bedard? you guys the ones with Wildfire?? That's your family's machine right?

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 10:32AM
Both tractors went to get "freshened up" and never got done, so RR into Gomers toy wouldnt surprise me.

Yes, Wildfire is ours.

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 10:58AM
Thumbs Up Sweet!! How is the old bugger anyway? Sure was nice to see it around few years back.

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 11:37AM
She's naked right now...

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 01:03PM
LOL Good Luck!! I remember back in 2000 almost causing a wreck right in front of the dealership when you folks had it out and were working on it when I was coming home from Champlain. I just had to go back and see!!Bouncing

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 01:52PM
Andre, thanks for the tip once again, Spoke to Mrs. Santamore, the Road Runner and Gomer's Toy are in fact 2 seperate tractors, but there is a few of the old parts off the RR on Gomer. She said that her stuff just has to be picked up, a 4 Turbo was being built when Ronnie Died. So it's Gomer's Family that has to be contacted.

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 03:10PM
NNYFan
She said that her stuff just has to be picked up, a 4 Turbo was being built when Ronnie Died.

If there's anything left.

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 18, 2012 03:33PM
Andre Bedard
NNYFan
She said that her stuff just has to be picked up, a 4 Turbo was being built when Ronnie Died.

If there's anything left.
Agreed! Sad

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 20, 2012 01:32PM
Heres a picture of Gommer, anyone have a picture of the roadrunner or Wildfires ride? Thanks

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 21, 2012 04:30AM
Here's a pic of Ron's Roadrunner

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 21, 2012 06:22AM
Pretty sure this is Andre himself (From this thread) driving in 2008. First public appearances were this pull and a brief attempt in Plattsburgh 2008. This video, he don't wind it all the way up, later that night he corked it, broke front axle. I would dare say, the Wildfire is gonna come back again!! 1206 International. Pretty sure 2 turbo. [youtu.be]

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 23, 2012 02:20PM
Soo where is the Roadrunner now?

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 24, 2012 04:12AM
Last i heard,roadrunner was in a million pieces and Ron was working on the 4 turbo GN tractor,

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis August 24, 2012 01:31PM
Sad Ron Santamore died of complications from a lengthy battle with Cancer this past winter, at the age of 62.

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis July 02, 2015 12:01PM
This is Gomer's Toy, brother's tractor that Burt Stannard stole and never paid for!
My name is Eleanor and my email address is peboth@rogers.com
Gomer's Toy and Road Runner are two separate tractors!

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis July 02, 2015 12:03PM
I'm Gomer's sister Eleanor.
peboth@rogers.com

Re: gommers toy in ny superstock chassis July 02, 2015 01:38PM
concerned puller
looking for name and number of i believe tractor was called gommers toy international super stock that burt stannard has so i was told im looking to talk to the family to buy this tractor from them i heard there is a big story behind it but the family deserves the money that tractor is worth i know the owner passed away can anyone give me the name of the family? or how to contact the guy that has it now?

thank you

I'm Gomer's sister, Eleanor. Burt Stannard NEVER paid for Gomer's Toy. He is a thief! He took advantage of Gomer when he was failing in health.
peboth@rogers.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM