Hamburg Disappointment August 20, 2012 12:01AM
Having been a supporter of the Hamburg "Bull Pull" for many years I have to say I'm not sure I will go back. My son and I attended the Sat night show. Usually to get a good seat in the infield you have to get there early, well we did this and really didn't have to as it never really filled up. The track is usually a real power track and for the second year in a row it looked like the water truck was broke. I don't know who picks the classes but 2 pro farm classes, super farms??? This is the biggest pull in NY. No Pro Stocks, no 2wd trucks. Then trying to listen to the joke announcer all night long say Holy Moly again and again. Ugh. The only highlight of the night was local boy Joe Eder winning the mod class. Next year I think we will go to Pike.

Craig B.
E Concord, NY

Re: Hamburg Disappointment August 20, 2012 12:26AM
I don't know what your referring to as a power track but I have never heard a single puller call hamburg a power track

sorry for the let down to craig !!! August 20, 2012 03:07AM
dear craig maybe you should be lucky to see what you saw . you wouldnt have seen that action at pike im sorry. as for the bleachers not being full obviously its not because of the choice of classes its probably a mix of many things. as far as the wny club pulling there as well its nice to add a little variety the 2 classes that they hooked there are 2 of the fastest growing classes in the country.!!!! i did pull there and lived a dream pulling in front of that crowd on a double track at along with a national level pull. so its just my opinion and as far as pike you wouldnt see any real pro stocks there and maybe 4 or 5 twds. and real super stocks.

Re: sorry for the let down to craig !!! August 20, 2012 04:30AM
Mr pulledthere (don't know why you don't use your real name) the pro farm classes were good but we see them all summer. I appreciate your support. I am just venting, being our only national pull in NY, I just wish they would change the dates back to the beginning of the fair.

Craig B

Re: sorry for the let down to craig !!! August 20, 2012 04:51AM
Want big classes, don't book the pull on top of Bowling Green.

Re: sorry for the let down to craig !!! August 20, 2012 06:06AM
i couldnt agree more i just got back from there do yourself a favor and drive 5 hours and see the best tractor pull in the world u can see 3 days of world class truck and tractor pulling for 100 bucks trust me its well worth it the only bad part is after u return and go 2 a local pull u will be saying 2 yourself this isnt no bowling green when the track is in @#$%& condition and it takes forever 2 get the show in because of all the delays there is nothing that will ever compare 2 bowling green thats why u see shirts that say u wouldnt understand

Re: sorry for the let down to craig !!! August 20, 2012 12:51PM
i will second that

One thing I'll never understand... August 20, 2012 01:10PM
I'm all for the pulling action at BG, but I'll never understand why they have all those shirts that say "Race Tractors." There is no racing involved, it's pulling. The only racing you'll do at a pull is racing around trying to get everything ready to pull your tractor.

listen.... August 20, 2012 03:20PM
Sometimes it is so frustrating to read posts on here, when your reading posts by people who dont have the slightest clue, or have a penny invested in a pulling tractor. while on the otherside of the coin it is great to have fans who are so involved and passionate about tractor pulling. without the support of promoters and the fans tractor pulling would not exist. I had to beg to go to hamburg this year, and i almost couldnt sleep the nite before. Getting to compete with the greats like joe eder and stan shelton, i even finally got to meet bill leischner. It was a great experience. Saturday morning I made it a point to go up to john mears and tell him what a great job he did with the pull and it was great that we got to come and compete at such a wonderful event. I will admit, the announcer could have used a little more..... vocabulary? lol but again, on the other side of the coin, if it was me it would have been a disaster, and i challenge anyone who "thinks" they can do it to try it once. It is unfortunate that the "bull pull" has to compete with the likes of bowling green, on the same weekend as well as esp's pike fair, and NYTPA had a pull in Frankfort. It was awesome to see jeff dann's "little" super farm go out there and put on quite a show with the big boys. And the same goes for us, we had 2 really nice runs, and i was very proud of our work and how the tractor ran both nites. Lucas put on a little pit party saturday afternoon with chili dogs, which was the sprinkles on the ice cream if you ask me. If your a fan take 2 minutes to think about what your gonna say. The officials and everyone involved with pulling give up there weekends and summers to put on a great show, and i am certain at each and every event they go above and beyond to do that the best they can. Also think about the pullers who are traveling hundreds of miles and many hours to compete and put on a show, its for the fans. Hope to compete next year with a few more horses at the erie county fair!

Re: One thing I'll never understand... August 20, 2012 05:03PM
The reason they say "race tractors" is because sometimes while a Pro Stock is winding up, a two wheel drive truck can "catch up" with them, and they'll leave the starting line around the same time.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: One thing I'll never understand... August 20, 2012 05:41PM
It happened a lot this year; not a fan of it. I think the slogan just makes it more confusing for the uneducated.

Re: One thing I'll never understand... August 25, 2012 04:19PM
if uve been going to there for 13 years then u should get it if not u are a stupid idiot

Re: One thing I'll never understand... September 04, 2012 02:32PM
It's a marketing thing. Racing comes across as more appealing to Everyday Joe. That's why they put it on the shirts. Tractors were built to pull stuff, not race. It's not that I'm too dumb to understand why they do it, I just don't care for the phrase when it's not the real name of the game. The pulls aren't timed. In fact, I noticed a couple times that pullers on the tractor side would purposely wait until the noise side quit running when both tracks were under green flag. So I must not be the only one that doesn't like to "race tractors."

Re: One thing I'll never understand... August 24, 2012 01:21PM
you dont know about bowling green obusly untill u do keep your comments to urself against the best pull in the world "its a bowling green thing u wouldnt understand"

Re: One thing I'll never understand... August 25, 2012 02:53AM
Yep, I'm just some idiot that keeps going back for 13 years even though I don't understand it. Yeah, that's it.

Re: Hamburg Disappointment August 20, 2012 02:01PM
Craig, sorry to hear that the show in Hamburg didn't live up to expectations.

If Hamburg continues to schedule a pull against Bowling Green, OH, eventually there won't be a pull in Hamburg anymore. Hamburg will never be the David that slayed Goliath!

In truth, Hamburg shouldn't even schedule against the Wyoming County fair in Pike, NY. Pike has always been the biggest draw in the WNY area, and there aren't enough pulling fans in WNY and Southern Ontario to have both of those events on the same weekend. From the reports I got, Pike was packed both nights and BG's crowd was HUGE!

Wisner, Nebraska is far enough west that it's isolated from the BG effect, but that's about the only place that can schedule against BG.

Personally I really miss going to Hamburg, it's an event that I grew up attending and I still only live 45 minutes east of Hamburg, but I still drove right past on my way to Bowling Green. I fear that it will soon cease to exist. Move the Hamburg pull back to mid-week before the Hamburg pull is no more!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Hamburg Disappointment August 20, 2012 02:22PM
i was at bg and the crowd on saturday was more than huge it was a record breaker from what we heard

Re: Hamburg Disappointment August 20, 2012 03:14PM
Wisner is def a nice pull but when people call it the bg of the west they are nuts! Wisner is just a nice pull that happens to be on the same weekend as bg but in no other way do they compare after finally attending both shows. You haft see it to believe it

Re: Hamburg Disappointment August 20, 2012 09:58PM
I drove 2 hours to Herkimer Fair/ NYTPA pull and with 21 Super Stock tractors who could beat the story of young Jeff Hayes pulling for the first time on a tractor he just bought (20 Mule Team), never having been on such a beast before and taking it to second place and very close to first. Also 9 2WD and 4 mods- the pull quality was great for a state level pull.

The crowd Missing. While having never been to Herkimer before I have no past to judge by, it was the smallest NYTPA crowd (or ESP crowd) I have seen in years! All at BG, Hamburg, Pike??? This coming Saturday in Greenwich NYTPA pull it will be full in the afternoon and if you do not have a seat by 6:00 for the 7:00 evening pull- you will not get a seat.

Re: Hamburg Disappointment August 21, 2012 12:01AM
Jake, thats what I'm afraid of. I've been going to the Hamburg pull since the late 70's, would be tradegy if it went away.

Re: Hamburg Disappointment August 21, 2012 05:06PM
Hamburg I attended both pulls the crowd on Saturday was bigger than Friday at the start of the pull infield almost filled in with a average group on track side. The pulling was good very competitive the only class that had trouble was the SS open not many wheels up runs. Track 2 infield track had a large wet spot at 250 I was told this may have been from the concert set up for the last couple of days before the pull AC unit discharging. That is why the track was dry on Saturday. Some great action both days from the WNY Pro Farm to the national Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League. For prof you can see my photos at jeffluckeyphoto.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009