Diesel Light Supers August 22, 2012 08:06AM
Where are the best Diesel light supers pulling? PPL and NTPA is almost exclusively a alcohol class, are there any good Diesel Light Supers out there

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 22, 2012 10:24AM
Esdon Leign is obviously very tough.The other one that comes to mind is Mark Ulmer with The Weapon.

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 22, 2012 11:24AM
Esdon Lehn built a great running diesel light super stock, it's just a shame that he has chosen to run it in the heavy class, but I can understand why he has done so. Kenneth Hale is another name that comes to mind with his Another Nite Trouble that runs with the NTPA Mid-South.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 22, 2012 12:15PM
With the ignition advances the alky guys are finding, they are adding more fuel and walking away from any dss guys.

You can even see what LSS alkys have found an edge on fellow alky guys from year to year.

Compound that with the chassis technology we have out there now that can hold and get all of that HP to the ground even at 6200. Then add on top of that the ability to walk it out of the hole on a marginal track to help hook up.

I am not saying there isn't diesel technology out there to maybe even things out but it's tough to get a competitor to enter a class that going in you probably will have to spend 2-3 dollars to 1 to compete. That is probably the biggest reason for less diesel guys in the lss classes.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2012 12:16PM by AV.

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 22, 2012 01:08PM
If you want to make it a more even match between alky a diesel, change the sleds. Make the tractors actually pull the sled for the first 200 feet instead of towing it like a trailer. The higher torque of the diesel will allow them to get the sled rolling easier. It might be coincidence, but it seems the sleds all went to the current drop pan design and soon after the alky tractors were mopping the floor against the diesels. Granted, the alkys had it figured out right around then and could consistenly beat the diesels, but the change in sleds benefitted the spark plugs guys exponentially more than the diesel guys.

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 22, 2012 01:15PM
my computer wouldnt let me bring up what AV said so if i step on his toes here i appoligize b ut, bruce barfnecnt and roger petersons tractor is always tough when they hook lss they just dont do it anymore and i cant say that i blame them. they have had some fun rides at tomah in that class

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 22, 2012 01:31PM
With having to carry an injection pump, maybe one more turbo to maximize power, steel head vs aluminum, and sometimes coolant it would be nice to have a few hundred to put on the nose to compensate for what can't be moved forward but still has to be on board.

I tried to get Bruce to hook the LSS class in Ridgeland for session 2 last year, but what sounded good at 2 am didn't come to fruition the next day. I think even Esdon came over for a run with them that day.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 22, 2012 02:37PM
I don't know if there was a lite enough driver available.

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 23, 2012 07:11AM
Outlaws still has a good mix of diesels and alcohol powered tractors and do it by staying with cast rearend so the alcohol tractors have a hard time using all there power. They also give the diesel 200 more lbs. and changed some of the engine rules in the diesel machines to help keep it even.

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 23, 2012 05:14PM
Diesels with Sigma Pump on weigh 6000. P-Pumps weigh 6200

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 24, 2012 09:48AM
So what you are saying bruce was to much winser and coke!!!!! I promise if i ever make you another one you can taste coke not just winser!!!!

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 24, 2012 10:24AM
Throw that big heavy injection pump away and let the diesel guys run electronic fuel injection! I may be wrong but I feel this would even the HP and performance out. Also let the diesel guys run four valve heads if the so chose. If the lss class wants to stay around in pulling you need both fuels in the class

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 24, 2012 12:48PM
Both would allow for some innovation in the class.

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 24, 2012 04:16PM
That's what was in there? Here I thought it was paint thinner. ha ha

Re: Diesel Light Supers August 24, 2012 05:50PM
There is no reason to burn it with pop.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009