Best cutter on puller 2000's August 23, 2012 11:06AM
Who's the best cutter for pulled 2000's? Hawthorne? Broughton? Nichols? Or? And why?

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 23, 2012 12:26PM
Nichols has the best cut for sf and pro.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 23, 2012 02:00PM
Talked to the young guy of Nichols once he seemed pretty full of it to me. Wasn't all that impressed.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 23, 2012 02:47PM
Everyones works in one way or form.What I have seen or heard many switching to Hawthorns in Super Farm,Limited pro and prostock.Many atop the points in all organizations.Mayhill seems to have good stuff out there.Rim width has alot to do with how they work.If it was me I'd go to Hawthorn since they will take them back if they don't do what you expect out of them.Buy a set from each then you will know whos works better!LOL.Kidding aside there are some that have done that!

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 23, 2012 04:19PM
I know better. We got a set from him last year and talked to Mark's cutter man. He just doesn't cut tires at Mark's shop. And yes, Mark himself, does harden tires at his shop.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 01:41AM
Well Mr ////// you sound like you know quite a bit about what we do.Too bad your badly wrong!Your right I do buy tires from others.That other is called Firestone.And thats maybe why I have (90) 24.5 HP's uncut sitting here as of yesterday.I have "one" full time cutter and have had for 5 years.If you would like to make the investment to buy that many to make sure your customers get matched tires then have at it.You can also measure them all,Handle them atleast 8 times per tire before they leave and make a very small profit off the tires you have at it.Yep we also buy other size casings from local farmers and tire stores.So those might be the others you were talking about.
The Hp's are cut for different classes and different tracks.We have tires in 37 states and yes we do have many atop the points in all classes in all organizations this year.If you have got tires from us you know there is no wait.Maybe when it comes to alum rims but not tires!
Mr.///// I don't think after cutting over 140 sets since November and over 400 tires through the hardener I really need to explain our operation but evidentally you needed an update.If you would like to discuss this in more detail call me.608-558-2316.I'd be happy to talk to you.
Congrats to all of our customers this year!

Mark Hawthorn
Hawthorn Tire

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 02:07AM
Thanks for the feedback.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 03:25AM
Taylor vanbeek is a great cutter from rock valley iowa and he cutts all of the top super farm tractors' tires. It would definatly be worth giving hime a ring.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 08:25AM
I bought a set of double cuts from Mark for my Mod. 1st off one of the best in customer relations. I don't care where my tires originated from, or how much he made on my deal. I walked away 100% satisfied, and if I paid to much shame on me.
I have recommended others and there expirences have been the same. I will pay more for my needs when all of the other aspects of a business have been met. I will skip over wanna bees and there so called cheap prices and (products) to have a pleasant business deal that works...... The original question on this post was a good one, and I would say fair. Then a couple of posts went south. If Mark ever gave a customer a bad deal (by mistake) he would have fixed it promptly. And if you have a beef with someone you've dealt with first look in the mirror and take a huge inventory or at least a deep breath prior to hammering a business that has a reputation such as Hawthorn's Class act...........
Thanks for putting my puller, on your tires in the top of the pack.... Kevin T

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 03:39AM
Bob Nichols.... PERIOD.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 04:24AM
I've purchased a set of 24.5's double cut old pullers and a set of 24.5's puller 2000's from Mark Hawthorne. Both sets have been great tires. Prices have been very competitive and his customer service has been great. When you call Mark, he will call you back to answer your question. That means a lot to me!

Too many times on here guys make comments about the middleman and builders not making their own parts. Do we really want a builder making every part? My opinion is no. You can't specialize in everything. A good builder knows the more technical aspect of the build and does the research and development on the parts they buy. Same is true for tires as well. What industry makes all their own parts? Think of the auto industry? The economics don't make sense for builders to make
Everything.

I'm not a builder, I have a light pro in Ohio and this is just something I've learned in this hobby.

I would highly recommend Hawthorne! I'm sure there are others as well.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 06:34AM
I have bought from Mark and I will buy from him again. Honest, upfront, and a damn nice guy.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 07:58AM
I buy a set of HP's from Mark this year, I drove over 9 hours to get them and I would do it again. Mark and his Dad are super nice guys and they do really great work and I hope to do business with them in the future.

Thanks Mark

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 08:09AM
We have done business with Larry and Mark for several years. Very good honest people. The squirrel is not too bad either.
Linda

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 09:53AM
I'm from South Central Wisconsin so needless to say I know quite a few pro, lim pro, super farm, 466 etc pullers. They almost all get their tires cut, hardened and sharpened at Hawthorne. I have never heard one bad thing about them, not once. Stand up business people like this cannot be found very often these days.

If you have a problem with Mark call him. (608-558-2316) I would bet he would settle the dispute as quickly as possible.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 01:20PM
i bet his phone never went off once!!

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 26, 2012 11:47AM
I guess if I had (90) 24.5 P2K's sitting around, I would start a thread to let everyone know I have excess inventory I need to displace. That's probably more than Firestone has sitting in their warehouse. One method of business is to hoard all of the (limited) production so people must buy from you. As for people using others products for resale, you may wish to spend some time with the businessman/entrepeneur/engineer that has gone out and actually designed and worked with more than one major tire manufacturer to bring product into the sport. This is the guy who designed a 1/4 scale tire and then 4WD tire (actually on the track, NOT just on display). He could probably bring in a 24.5/30.5 for half the cash that has akready been spent trying to bring one in.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 27, 2012 01:07AM
i know Taylot at Extreme Performance has cut the tires on the top 4 outlaw super farms, the diesel super points champ, the top 2 limited pro's and has cut the tires on a couple of the top pro stock tractors. give him a call. his add is in the outlaw book.

for you cost cutter! August 24, 2012 01:53AM
And for you cost cutter our prices are no different if you get them from him or me.He doesn't even handle 24.5's.He cuts them and I handle most of the casings.But you are right you can call him,He will just be calling me anyway or he will have you call me.Thats why we are in bussiness together.Once again know what you are talking about before spouting off.
There is more to tires then most think!

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 02:16PM
I had 2 set of tires get some work done to them over the winter. 1 set was and still is beautifull!! Very god job after 10 passes edge still very sharp. However the other set has some issues one tire very bad issues. Will not meantion who's work but would like them to call me I am hoping they looked at the tires.

Andy Keyes 262-206-1297

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 24, 2012 02:45PM
Being Almost 2000 miles away from Wisconsin has some disadvantages. However I got some tires and wheels from Mark and he was excellent to do buisness with.. .

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 27, 2012 03:51AM
Taylor Van Beek's Extreme Performance and Tire Cutting out of Rock Valley, IA does an excellent job, nearly all the superfarms in the Outlaw's are using him. He touched up our old style pullers a month ago and have never been happier with a tire sharpening before! We are also planning on having him do our 30.5's for the ulss.

Re: Best cutter on puller 2000's August 27, 2012 07:06AM
I had Mark cut a set of tires for me this spring. I felt he was very respectful, honest, and done in a timely manner with a fair price. Larry and Mark are very competitive around the area and have also helped a lot of pullers including myself. I have liked these tires since they cut them and would reccomend others to them also.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009