Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 30, 2012 05:47AM
Heard a vicious rumor SHD tore up his engine at Jeff City. Any truth to that?

Re: Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 30, 2012 06:11AM
"ccarlisle" posted a link to some pics in this thread: link

Re: Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 30, 2012 06:45AM
Not much rumor! Split the block and lifted the head/intake/liners, etc. Blew hood open.
Cam followers and push rods out on track, as well as piston rings and piston parts.
Jeff was OK. Just hope none of Ryno's murals got scratched!

Re: Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 30, 2012 07:44AM
anyone have a video?

Re: Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 30, 2012 08:46AM
Is that the Deere with the IH motor? ? Was he using truck parts?

Re: Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 30, 2012 09:41AM
Look closely in those pictures, the intake and exhaust manifolds are on the same side of the head, so I am guessing it is all deere since IH is a cross flow head....................

Re: Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 30, 2012 09:36AM
I was there and got a picture of SHD just a split second before it let go..It totally destroyed the engine..

Re: Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 30, 2012 03:11PM
Wow...that is ugly looking

Re: Smokin' Hot Deere At Jeff City August 31, 2012 12:12AM
You can see it is a JD motor as the block above & below the side water jacket is still all intact. Believe that is the 8.1 block and I think that is what Jeff told me at Alta. He was having trouble getting the motor to perform at Alta. Well, apparently he got the bugs worked out. Must have been hooked into that track and on quite the sailing ride when this occurred. Reminds me of when I captured "the Special" motor exploding BG '08.
Looking forward to see the Demers and SHD purring well next year.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009