valve cover leaking August 31, 2012 09:47AM
I have a SBJD and I can not keep the vlave cover from leaking. I have tried the regular cork gasket, and even had a ruber gasket, with a regular valve cover but neither one worked. Is there a better gasket and or cover to use to keep it from leaking. Thanks

Re: valve cover leaking August 31, 2012 11:27AM
We put a hole in ours and ran a hose along the block for a breather

Re: valve cover leaking August 31, 2012 12:46PM
You have to much crankcase pressure. Install a BIG vent, or multiple vents, and the problem will stop.

Re: valve cover leaking September 03, 2012 11:04AM
I have the regular vent in the center plus two extra ones in the front and in the back of the cover. It stills leaks. Anything else i can try?

Re: valve cover leaking September 03, 2012 11:54AM
coat gasket with high temp rtv sealant before installing it! a necessity when you work on blue ones! works for meSmiling

Re: valve cover leaking September 03, 2012 12:04PM
Clean all traces of oil off the head sealing surface where the gasket goes so the silicone will bond to the head and the gasket. Do not silicone the valve cover side to allow for easy removal. You didn't say what size your vents are. You are either making way to much crankcase pressure from poor ring seal, or your vents are restricted or to small. Are you blowing the gasket out or just seeing oil out the vent tubes? If it is oil out the vent tubes, you may need a baffle under the holes in the valve cover. We have pulled for years with a stock cover and cork gasket with no problem, unless we torch a piston-- then we blow out the gasket. Under normal conditions, we never had trouble with this. If your vents are not restricted, and you have 3 vent tubes, (at least as big as 3 / 4 inch inside), then you have to much blowby and need to freshen it up.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM