Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 06, 2012 04:43AM
As pulling season winds down and fall rules meetings are getting ready to be scheduled. I was wondering if there was any interest in getting a LLSS class going in Western Iowa/Eastern Nebraska? I see strong numbers for this growing class in other areas of the country and on any given night any color could win with either smoke or spark plugs. Would like to talk with a potential club about adding this class but would need to see if there are any other tractors that would be interested. Rules would need to be figured out but essentially smaller cubed Alcohol and Diesel (possible multi charger) would be the ball park. May have to run as a probationary class for a year or two. I have always heard that their are some older SS tractors that would fit into this category laying around and wondered if they would be interested in getting back into pulling.

If so post up and/or pm me with contact info.

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 06, 2012 09:30AM
I'd call the fine folks at Sheffler Seeds.

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 06, 2012 11:22AM
I may be interested I'm working on one now.But dont know if it w
ould fit in the rules ci 390 twin charger on alcohal I'm located in central Nebr

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 06, 2012 12:01PM
I can think of five smaller LSS tractors in eastern Nebraska alone that would probably fit that class (unless any of those guys sold out). The question would be what organization to hook with...

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 06, 2012 02:55PM
That's funny I can't think of any that fit the small/limited super mold. Who are they? Not trying to fight just curious.

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 06, 2012 11:03PM
Your best bet would be to look at the BSTPA and ORVTPA/BOB/KTPA rules from KY and copy and past, where you are it would prob work out best to take the BSTPA Smoke rules and the KY Alky rules, The LLSS class already has a lot of tractors around the country no need to add another set of LLSS rules! That would be best for the class as a whole.

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 07, 2012 04:51AM
Rules could be worked out by those in the class and the organization. I myself as someone building a tractor would like to see similar rules to those groups and what they use in Gordyville.

My point of this post was to hear from either those pullers if there are any around or atleast get there names so that I can try to talk to them. Thank you for Schefflers name. Anyone else?

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 07, 2012 08:06AM
Hoffmans from Dunlap IA would be another 1 to contact , I think they ran the LLSS @ some indoor pulls & was also right there with the outlaw light super also , I have heard that they wish they would have kept Red Power , A Hoffman / Blackburn tractor in the class would be great addition to the class, It would save the boys from running a super farm {HA HA ! }

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 07, 2012 09:10AM
Hoffmans have stated they are GLAD they no longer have a SF.
If they had a hay farm they could use it for pulling the hay rake, but since they have a body shop, it was just in the way, and slow.

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 07, 2012 10:28AM
They have a superfarm now. Called Red Edge SF.

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 11, 2012 05:54PM
GreenLLSS
Rules could be worked out by those in the class and the organization. I myself as someone building a tractor would like to see similar rules to those groups and what they use in Gordyville.

My point of this post was to hear from either those pullers if there are any around or atleast get there names so that I can try to talk to them. Thank you for Schefflers name. Anyone else?

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 11, 2012 05:58PM
GreenLLSS

I agree, gordyville has a great set of rules that allow all to run together competitively. I'm looking to get LLSS started in Tx, good luck!

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 07, 2012 03:26PM
Depends on the rules I guess. Two Orange, a Moline, a JD and a red one.

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 10, 2012 02:20AM
I can't really see Hoffman's wanting to run a Limited Light class.

Pllnfn who are these tractors that you could see running this class, depending on rules?

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 10, 2012 10:31AM
I haven't heard from them since I sold the tractor, but the old 880 would fit right in with a few minor changes. The tractor went to that area if it's still around

Re: Any Interest in LLSS Class Western IA Eastern NE September 10, 2012 02:19PM
Got an old Cockshutt that might work in that class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM