Cummins crank in a Deere? September 07, 2012 04:24PM
what is involved in making a Cummins 8.3 crank fit in a Deere 466?

Re: Cummins crank in a Deere? September 08, 2012 02:43AM
I've seen an 8.3 crank go into an 8.1 deere and still run the internal oil pump. Typically its just grinding the journals to the right size and making them the right width to fit the mains of the block.

Re: Cummins crank in a Deere? September 14, 2012 02:44PM
What do you gain by this?

Re: Cummins crank in a Deere? September 14, 2012 07:27PM
Some say deere cranks are to hard and more like to break than other. I've talk to plenty of others that disagree and have no problems with deere cranks. Other reasons could be that they have better counterweight design to help the balance of the engine and create longevity of the crank and the main bearing with less problems. Also depending on the stroke and dia of the rod journal sometine you can off set gring the crank for a lil more cubic inch and run a different rod.

Re: Cummins crank in a Deere? September 15, 2012 05:35AM
i just wanted an option for more stroke in a NA 5,000 rpm gas engine without going to welded crank. Offset grind.
You would be starting out with 5.3+ stroke. And heard Cummins is a better crank.

Re: Cummins crank in a Deere? September 16, 2012 11:21AM
Start with a 9.0L crank in an 8.1l block.. I can't remember the rod journal but they are in the 3.25-3.35 range.. Try a 3.0 rod.. JD or IH with a grind on the crank

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,710, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520