IH cummins swap September 12, 2012 09:08AM
Hey guys I have seen alot of cummins swapped into 06/66 series lately. Is this a swap that is generally accepted by most pulling assocaitions/clubs ? Iam just wondering if the case/ih merger lets this swap compete ? I see alot of clubs have rules stating you have to have a motor that was available under the brand of tractor you have. So you couldnt swap say a dt into a oliver etc. Just wondering what how that works....

Re: IH cummins swap September 12, 2012 01:00PM
Just curious, where are these swaps taking place and are they using B or C series cummins. Don't see much of that up here, specially not in pulling

Re: IH cummins swap September 12, 2012 09:12PM
I have a 06 series that I bought already setup for a b series. A b series is around 400 pounds lighter than a dt466. I dont think it has the power potential of a dt but for what Iam doing it will be fine. Iam just wondering if this is a "accepted" swap were case and I h merged and the new tractors now have cummins.

Re: IH cummins swap September 13, 2012 06:48AM
Well boys and girls I dont think the cummins espically a 5.9 will have the same amount of lug a dt has very simple cubes Now when u get in the bigger cube cummins there isn't a whole hell of alot of parts out there for them.What class you pullin mike under 6000lb you should be fine anything over I would question myself ,As far as the swap what sheetmetal you going to run newer metal or 06 series.Newer metal i dont see a problem older metal no way there going to bitch .my 2 cents

Re: IH cummins swap September 14, 2012 11:33AM
I was thinking of doing a 5.9 on alky and really turning it. I dont think it will have the low end torque of the dt either. Iam on the fence about it. I think it would be cool to do and see how good I can get it to work. Parts are cheap for the cummins but I dont want to build it and then have to fight to run it everywere. If it was a swap that was "accepted" by most clubs I might try it. How light can a 706 get with a 466 you think ? Is it possible to get under 6000lbs ?

Re: IH cummins swap September 15, 2012 06:23AM
It is possible but requies a lot of work to be done to the cast rearend.

Nick Paulson
Paulson Performance Machining
Ogden, Iowa
ppmengineering@live.com
(515) 491-4270
www.paulsonperformance.com
www.facebook.com/paulsonperformancemachining

Re: IH cummins swap September 15, 2012 12:41PM
Heres one

Re: IH cummins swap September 15, 2012 11:34PM
What did you use for a starter on the conversion?

Re: IH cummins swap September 16, 2012 01:16PM
Stock starter for 856. Machined stock 14 inch 400 series flywheel to bolt to the cummins crank.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,760, Posts: 229,921, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM