Thumbs UpMy Opinion- The January 2009 "Puller" articlesThumbs Up February 04, 2009 05:08AM
Just received my January issue of the “Puller” in the mail. It was their 40th anniversary issue. The NTPA 2008 Hall of Fame inductees were announced, Rodalyn Knox the “Country Girl” was inducted along with Bob Smith of the “Three Bears” FWD team. I find it interesting and gratifying that both the Knox and Smith families are still heavily involved in the sport today. There were also articles on the Petro Family TWD Team along with an article about Marcus Wettleson and his Lt SS. The Mike Beck and Tracey Banter articles by Bill holder were also very interesting. There was also a nice section by Chris Carlisle on Mid-South pulling, great photo’s.

However I think the Gene’s Machine Shop [GMS] article by Dave Dann was truly outstanding. It’s really refreshing to read an article that is filled with both sadness and joy. The article does a real nice job on the birth of GMS by owner Gene Scharber, with good insight into the development of the business. From the early days of a part time business that Gene started in his basement, to a business that became one of the most trusted and well respected names in the pulling community. The article does a real good job on not only honoring Gene’s memory but also shows the type of person Gene was by taking Brent Payne into the business and offering him an apprenticeship. Gene passed away in August 2008 of ASL at the age of 62. With Brent’s purchase of the GMS business the GMS name stays in good hands. While the Gene Scharber’s are few and far between, Brent along with his father Dennis have not only kept the GMS name alive, but have pushed the envelope on R&D of tractor and truck pulling products. From parts to complete vehicles GMS has the tools and knowledge to offer the puller a complete package.

Link to the "Puller"magazine

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion- The January 2009 "Puller" articlesThumbs Up February 05, 2009 02:26AM
i used to buy stuff from Gene andhe was always real good to deal with.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion- The January 2009 "Puller" articlesThumbs Up February 07, 2009 04:46PM
Gene was a great guy who did some very good work and I think Brent will do great carring on the business.

S'no Farmer

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion- The January 2009 "Puller" articlesThumbs Up February 08, 2009 07:33AM
One of the better issues from a reading stand point

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,769, Posts: 229,936, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,026.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009