MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 02:02AM
Come pull with the MVPPL on Oct 7th. 55% payback in all classes. www.mvppl.net

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 05:27AM
I will have to warn people I have been told tat their is payout and then received nothing. I am not hearing this second hand it has happened to me. Good luck and I hope everyone has fun this weekend

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 06:25AM
Why dont you post your name jerkoff! This is totally un true. And if you heard it, dont phukin spread it unless you know it for a fact.We work hard at having this club.We have been successful at our hooks providing one of the nicest pulling surfaces in N.Y.,and a fun time. Dont go ruining it for us by spreading bull @#$%& lies.Every pull we have had, we have paid out. Period! Quit wining and pull!

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 07:35AM
JUST 10 OR 10 + 8 = 18

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 06:22AM
PLUS BIG BUCKS TO GET IN THE PITS.

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 06:27AM
Its $10 to get in the pits. A far cry from big bucks.

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 08:11AM
Swampy are you sure that all of the super farm tractors have got their money

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 08:20AM
the total is $18? to get in the pits?

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 11:38AM
This post is intended to advertise a pull. Please keep the rumors,and negative comments to your self.
I am sure all tractors have been paid at every event they have attended.
It is $8 at the door, $10 to be in the pits.Under the amount at the majority of the other fair pulls around.
Im not here to argue,just advertise the pull.

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 11:42AM
So is it $8 at the door and then $10 to enter the pits for a total of $18......or just $10 for the pits?

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 05, 2012 09:31AM
Wow...not sure what involvement swampy has with this organization but you're not making the MVPPL or yourself look good. You want to question who it is.....yet you don't post your real name. Replies like yours is a quick way to lose any potential pullers/fans from supporting your shows..... It clearly shows a lack of professionalism......

pit fees October 05, 2012 04:08PM
so the total to to get in the pits is $18??

That would be the highest out of any pulls I have been too.

Re: pit fees October 07, 2012 12:43PM
Why did they really cancel. I think it was because everyone was going to the fatal finals in Greenwich.this club is a joke they have more cancelled events then actual events.

Re: pit fees October 07, 2012 01:30PM
It is $8 at the door, $10 to be in the pits.Under the amount at the majority of the other fair pulls around. ~ Swampy

Its $10 to get in the pits. A far cry from big bucks. ~ Swampy

The questioning in regards to the cost for the pits is that any motorsport I attend there is a pit fee and a general admission fee. You either pay one or the other. So by reading the above statements I read it as it's $8 for the stands or $10 for the pits. So my question was is it $10 for the pits as stated or general admission cost of $8 and then pit admission for $10 for a total of $18????

Re: pit fees October 07, 2012 02:02PM
Whats your deal scott? You seem to be one of these guys who has something to say at every turn, yet i dont believe i have seen you at one of our events.
Strangely enough, this pulling is an aweful lot like snowmobiling, Whiners like you at every turn who claim to support the sport, yet criticize at every turn, telling us what to do while not lifting a finger.

I have been to many pulls around the area where you fork over money for everyone in the truck before you get on the grounds, then pay more to go into the pull. Then there are some pulls who only allow 1 pit pass in addition to the driver. We set MVPPL's prices at the meetings, approved by the membership.

Re: pit fees October 07, 2012 02:13PM
I'm just asking the question of what it costs to get in the pits...and havn't received an answer to the question?

I'm not whining or criticizing...show me where I have? I asked a question and posted my thoughts on swampy's response to a post on the site.

No where have I complained about the price....I just think people may have some confusion as to what it costs to get in. People going to an event expecting to pay $10 for the pits and then arrive to find out it's $8 general admission + $10 for the pits may turn them away from attending future pulls.

Just trying to clarify the price.....a simple repsonse with the answer was what I was looking for.

Re: pit fees October 08, 2012 12:06AM
Scott, i have dealt with your kind before, you have no dog in this fight, yet you piss and moan and play the "im just trying to help" card. When people become irritated with your obnoxious rhetoric and make this clear to you, you condemn them with some rash about there attitude being bad for the organization.

Your question was answered. Seeing as how you missed it, ill reitirate. You will pay $8 at the front gate for every person in the vehicle over the age of 10 years old, you can either go park and sit in the stands, or you can continue to the registration tent where non pullers pay another $10 to gain access to the pits.

Now lets recap and summarize. It will cost $8 to get onto the grounds, and additional $10 for non pullers to access the pits ( $8+$10=$18 for non pullers).
Im confident that every truck and tractor that was supposed to be paid got paid. I have heard nothing at any of the meetings, nor have i heard of anyone approaching or contacting any officials with a complaint of that nature. So please stop spreading basless propaganda, if there actually was a problem you will get MUCH farther actually contacting someone at MVPPL vs spreading rumors online. We are a fledgling organization attempting to bring some order and uniform rules to truck and tractor pulling in central New York. We have a GREAT track and our events are running smoother with each one we put under our belt. Come give us a shot, if you like what you see, becoming a member will give you the opportunity to vote on matters and have your voice heard. So please either come check us out, or stop spreading BS and let us promote our young club.

Re: pit fees October 08, 2012 08:19AM

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 08:49AM by ScottFriers.

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 07, 2012 01:09PM
Im not really sure what seems to be the beef here on pull off. Its $8 to get on the grounds and another $10 to get in the pits for people who are not pulling. Each puller gets one additional pit pass. Got more than one pit helper? Use that first free pit pass to offset ost for 2-3 guys. This is not rocket science, me and my buddy's do this anyplace we go with a truckload rather than wondering who gets the free pit pass. I personally welcome the pit fee as i have been to many pulls in this neck of the woods where the pits are crowded or the rif raff is wandering and eyeballing everyone else belongings.

As for people not getting paid, no one has come forward and complained to the club, they just seem to be trying to kick us when we advertise and attempt to promote our club.

As for the cancellation, i was not available or involved this weekend, so i cannot speak for whomever made that decision.

We are trying to get a legitimate pulling organization off the ground here in CNY. Thus far we have received excellent support from the truck pullers. We would love to see more tractors come out. Payouts are on a percentage scale, we are not subsidized by any Fairboard like the majority of pulls here in central NY. Unless we obtain some sponsorship substantially greater than this year, payouts will likely continue to be a percentage payback. Tractor guys want a greater payout, get your buddies down here with there tractors and take there money.

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 08, 2012 08:49AM
I owe you an apology...I'm not sure where this post and mine fall into place but I misread the first sentence. Thanks for the clarification and if I read it right the first time alot of this could've been avoided. My bad....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2012 08:55AM by ScottFriers.

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 07, 2012 01:54PM
If it was't for the "RIF RAFF" you would not have any one in the stands! Until people fill the stands you will not have more than the good old boys club!

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 08, 2012 07:34AM
I BELIEVE SCOTT AND THE BIG GREEN ONE HAS LIVED IN FONDA AND I KNOW THAT I SEE SCOTT AT AT-LEAST 20 DIFFERENT EVENTS A YEAR.

BEING VERY ACTIVE IN THE SPORT OF TRACTOR PULLING AND A MEMBER OF SOME ORG'S, AND AT ONE TIME ASKED BY SOME OFFICIALS TO HELP OUT, BECAUSE OF WHAT HE KNOWS.

SO I WOULD NOT CALL HIM JUST ONE OF THOSE KIND.

Re: MVPPL Oct7th October 08, 2012 12:44PM
Biggreenone
If it was't for the "RIF RAFF" you would not have any one in the stands! Until people fill the stands you will not have more than the good old boys club!

We have one set of rules in writing for all of our events, this may not be a nationally known pulling circuit, but it is a pretty serious step away from the 12 county fair/brush pulls with 17 sets of rules. The pullers seem to be happy, and i think we are gaining ground with each event.

Dont like my comment about the "Rif Raff"? As a club, pit fees were discussed at the meetings and it was decided by the membership(mostly pullers) that $10 for pit access in addition to the $8 at the gate was reasonable.

As for Scott, I apologized, he apologized. No hard feelings, near as i can tell.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009