antifreeze or water or dry what's the best way for cooling October 09, 2012 12:02AM
I know some people are running water over antifreeze and some are running them dry but what's the best way

Re: antifreeze or water or dry what's the best way for cooling October 09, 2012 03:59AM
Does it hurt to run a motor dry

Re: antifreeze or water or dry what's the best way for cooling October 09, 2012 01:28PM
I would say that antifreeze is the best. That being said, we run water with additive in it. The additive is to prevent pitting. With a dry block you have no leaks, no radiator, no pump, and no fan, but back to back runs and around the pits is the disadvantage. Another advantage of a dry block is that I saw a motor that froze and the water gallery cracked to the outside, free block, cheaper pulling, I only say this once. Antifreeze will remove the heat the best, but for us if it leaks or is on the hood, it is just water.

Re: antifreeze or water or dry what's the best way for cooling October 10, 2012 04:03AM
Thanks guys i am thinking about going to dry to help lose some weight plus gain alot of room to put intercooler on i am not blessed with room under the hood i know some guys with pro stocks they run dry and say they won't go back just makes me nervous. To go dry

Re: antifreeze or water or dry what's the best way for cooling October 09, 2012 02:45PM
we use evan's coolant. works great. doesn't boil like water and antifreeze. its spendy but well worth it. have hit 225 degrees on the coolant gauge and no problems. also helps prevent rusting.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM