Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 04:32AM
So the commonrailed pulling trucks have came a long way why no commonrails in a tractor?? I've been thinking about putting one together.. but rules all state 2v ag head and no electronic control over engine.... you don't have to cross colors to do it IH John Deere all have commonrail engines for their tractors... Why are guys not doing this? I think I'm gonna tackle it and just pull brush pulls I guess...

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 04:39AM
Friend had a 706 with a 5.9 common rail cummins that he pulled...

Don't know why their isn't more. I figure the hardest part would be getting the tractor tuned..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 04:40AM by RYAN68.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 09:38AM
Yes, like NHRA has allowed it, well, in no national classes, and only limited use in promod, mostly the ricer and street tire classes.
But then there is NASCAR, they have had EFI for ,,,, well, wait, they don't allow it yet.
WOO has had EFI in the winged sprint and late model cars now for, oh, wait, mechanical fuel injection only on sprints and carbs on late models, rats.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 05:15AM
Yea, it's totally dumb. An EFI system is so much more simple, I don't know why pulling is the last to embrace technology that other motorsports have had for years.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 11:11AM
With all the new programs available for tuning with a laptop,tuning will not be that difficult. A learning curve yes but totally workable. Look at the power some of these street trucks and pullers are making. Most anyone can build a (resonably affordable) 500+ whp duramax or cummins pick up with bolt ons that will live. Its not unheard of to have a 800-1000 whp street driven truck with minimal internal engine work. I dont see why it shouldnt be allowed. The issue I see is more of what common rail engine that has potential can be put in a tractor ? Outside of a c.r cummins in a oliver-white or possibly a ih what could be built ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 01:48PM by MikeR.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 01:48PM
Whats dynamite running for a motor ?

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 12, 2012 02:17AM
I don't know, but I have left a message at people who might know what engine Dynamite is running.

If I got the answer I will post it here.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 13, 2012 06:36AM
I got an answer from the Dynamite team.

They use a stock 1455 engine type DT402.
They adjusted the common rail to their own specifications.
As already mentioned they have a 2700 rpm limit.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 11, 2012 07:05AM
I think with any cr deere or cummins you could make good power just gonna take the time of tuning and dialing it in.... I dont understand why you could'nt pull Hot Farm or anything like that... With a common rail the disadvantage I see is the lack of being able to intercool it in certain classes.. Tuning would def. be no problem for me as in that I work for a shop that deals in nothing but high horse power common rail pickups...

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 11:40AM
Nascar went to EFI this year.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 01:15PM
In the Netherlands there is a 8000lbs Farm Stock puller who runs with common rail the rpm's are limited to 2700.
The tractor is called Dynamite and as far I know this is the only one in the Netherlands and maybe Europe.
At some events it runs real good and finishes in the top 3.
But it doesn't constantly.
The qualification pull the engine can run like hell, but in the final it can be crap.

At the top of the page in the link you can see a photo of the Dynamite.
[www.ntto.nl]

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 01:21PM
I forgot to put a link in it with a video of Dynamite.

So here it is: [youtu.be]

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 02:19PM
"No electronic fuel injectors or metering devices will be allowed. Exception: computer-controlled electronic diesel fuel injection allowed only in the Super Stock division."

Just build a SSD. Simple.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 04:03PM
Oh look. It's this thread again.

Re: Why No Common Rail Injection Pulling Tractors October 10, 2012 09:01PM
There is one in the UK had its first run late Aug

[www.youtube.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,662, Posts: 229,741, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,072, Posts: 225,921.

Our newest member JD_8520