Does anyone know David Brown from Muncie Indiana? October 26, 2012 03:34PM
Gentleman contacted me in regards to a want add posted on this website. Said he has the turbo that I am looking for. It is a 4.6 prostock charger, so someone should know who he is. Seems professional on the phone, but want to confirm that he does have the turbo before cash is released two states away. Anybody ever deal with him?

Re: Does anyone know David Brown from Muncie Indiana? October 27, 2012 07:01AM
He wanted paid via Western Union and claimed he was not able to send pictures of the turbo because he didnt have a camera at the present time. Seemed suspicious to me. Beware of soliciting phone calls from financial predators on this page and all others you use. Pulling parts are quite costly to begin with, so make sure you get what you pay for. When dealing with guys online, you can always google phone numbers and names to verify authenticity of the person you are dealing with. David Brown told me his wife would retreive payment from Western Union near her place of work in Indiana, however the phone number he was using to contact me was from the Massachusettes area.

Re: Does anyone know David Brown from Muncie Indiana? October 27, 2012 10:14AM
I got an email from him also about some parts I wanted. For a Ford. When the spelling wasn't right and the phone # didn't match I didn't even give it a second thought.

Re: Does anyone know David Brown from Muncie Indiana? October 27, 2012 12:04PM
It sounds like a scam to me. Every single person I know over the age of 18 has a cell phone with a camera. My cell phone is pretty old (from 2007) and it has a decent camera in it.

If someone can afford a 4.6 Pro Stock turbocharger they can afford a phone with a camera. At the very least they can afford to go to Walmart and buy a "good enough" digital camera for less than $20.

It's a shame there are so many dishonest people out there looking to scam someone.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Does anyone know David Brown from Muncie Indiana? October 27, 2012 04:22PM
I told him that I had made the transfer via Western Union, and would gladly give him the account number to retrieve the cash as soon as I received pictures in my e-mail or on my phone. Since then I have not heard a word. Nice to know this guy has attempted this before with others. I will post his number on the forum and I hope everyone puts it on their desktop to remind them of the scam. Especially those who deal frequently with unknown online persons.

Re: Does anyone know David Brown from Muncie Indiana? October 29, 2012 11:47AM
if you did send the money western union, your pocket is lighter and there wont be any black smoke!

Re: Does anyone know David Brown from Muncie Indiana? October 29, 2012 01:01PM
I know! There was NO way I was going to send that kind of cash over the wire on that little of info. The phone number this axxhole was contacting me with was 774-728-2763. Im sure the name and number will change, but be aware that this guy is on the loose. Still no response to me after all this time. Luckily he made no money off of me.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009