ppl rule changes October 28, 2012 04:42AM
Has anyone heard of any rule changes for ppl after there meeting yesterday

Re: ppl rule changes October 28, 2012 11:31AM
Word is hot topics were allowing billet blocks in Pro Stocks, Airbag frontends, V-8's in Heavy Alky Super, Triple Allison in Mod class, Screw type superchargers for Triple hemi in Mod, Fuel injection in Big Rigs.

Not sure what was decided in each other than I heard billet blocks were approved for Pro Stock and Triple Allison in Mod class.

Purse increase for 2013.

Does somebody make a billet block for Pro Stock Tractors ?

Re: ppl rule changes October 28, 2012 01:32PM
they will now for sure, how much more money is gonna be enough to field a competitive pro, price tag has to be getting on up there, of course hyper already has a "superdynowhoppingmojodula" block available this will enable someone to get a deere or who knows.

Re: ppl rule changes October 28, 2012 11:19PM
You need to trademark the name superdynowhoppingmojodula ! Billet blocks are for the small block Deeres. We all know they aren't competitive enough right now...................hahahaha.Grinning

Re: ppl rule changes October 29, 2012 04:28AM
What about banning diesels in the super modified class?

Re: ppl rule changes October 29, 2012 10:07AM
How about making a Super stock have a minimum requirement to be called a Super Stock.

Re: ppl rule changes October 29, 2012 02:10PM
Yeah, I think that is a good idea, maybe the minimum requirement for an alky tractor is it has to be 504 cid...

Re: ppl rule changes October 29, 2012 11:27PM
That is ok for me but, I do not think that would beneficial for allot of orgs

Re: ppl rule changes October 30, 2012 12:50AM
I just don't see how you can try to tell someone they need to have XYZ to be able to run as long as they fit under the maximums allowed for the class.

Re: ppl rule changes October 30, 2012 01:50AM
we do it already with saftey and now we should do it to keep the classes correct.

Re: ppl rule changes October 30, 2012 02:59AM
That makes no sense! Imposing a safety minimum is just like imposing a class maximum, not the other way around! Your logic would be like saying you need at least 3 chargers to run super anything more is good to go, no maximum! This whole thing is stupid, just cause you don't like a couple of superfarms coming in and beating you sometimes. If all the super guys stuff would run right none of the superfarm guys would take home a pay check and they would stop hooking in the super class and the problem would be solved. So moral of the story is go home and make your stuff run right and this is not an issue... I don't even run the super class, I just get sick of listening to this crap about whoever isn't good enough to run with our super class... this is like saying a single allison can't run in the mod class anymore, and a BBC can't run in the TWD class anymore cause they aren't good enough. What a joke!

Re: ppl rule changes October 30, 2012 04:18AM
FIRST OF ALL MY NAME IS MARK HAYES (Mr./Ms just another puller). I PULL IN A SS CLASS WITH A SS TRACTOR.

IF THIS IS SUCH A JOKE SEE YOUR WAY OUT.

I have been involved in tractor pulling my entire life, and it has always been in the SS class. 40 plus years and never not been involved.

as for other classes I don't know enough about them to put my 2 pennies in.

What is a joke is not putting a minimum requirement on for all classes.

As for pay check's in the class that will be talked about at the meeting.

I might not say 3 chargers,

but I might say 30.5 and 2 years before it comes into effect.

I might also say all the Diesels run the same weight.

I might also say all the Alkies run the same as each other.

right now NYTPA has 5 weight variances in the SS class and it sounds like some of the pullers in the superfarm class is looking to do the same in that class. limited pro X weight Super farm X weight.

And you think you are tired of listening to all the "crap" I hear it all the time and I run in that class.

It is time to make some rules to take some of the guess work out of the class and refine to make the sport grow.

As I listen to fans and some that really try to follow it have a hard time.

some smoke
some don't
some have big tires
some have small tires
some have 1 stack
some have more then 1
some fly down the track
some don't

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 09:55AM by Mark Hayes.

Re: ppl rule changes October 30, 2012 02:06PM
Mark,
Hey my friend. The weight is the BIGGEST issue in ANY organization. Keep the WEIGHT where it needs to be. If anyone CANNOT make the WEIGHT according to the rules, then they should not be pulling in the class. The sport may have grown more had the WEIGHT been kept in check 20 years ago.
Clark.
p.s. I hope you are doing ok out there

Re: ppl rule changes October 30, 2012 02:48PM
I may not have the Creds most have, I'm just a fan of the sport. But I do have an opinion like most.

From the fan side, why would you want to see some tractor jump up and run in a class that 90% of the time has no chance of top 5 finish. (I used 90% because of Dansville NY this year, Wow: SF took 2nd & 3rd in SS class, but that was a powder track issue and the extra weight helped)

Looking at it from a pullers side of view, You spend the time, money, and energy to pull tractors. If I was a puller I would want to hook all I can hook. Specially these tractors come as a team. Many times the helping hands on the team get a chance in the drivers seat when they Jump up out of class.

I think the decision to include or not comes down to at what level of organization your running. If this is a Good Old Boys pulling club, back woods brush pulling; as long as they do not have a advantage let them run. If this is a professional organization, building sponsors, and a reputation as Credible Competitive Motorsport you can not let everyone play. Put it another way, in 7th-8th grade my fat ass got to play sports with my buddies, by 9th grade I was told to drop the weight or enjoy riding the bench. As an organization grows you have cut players; "the everyone gets to play" will hold the organization back. Concentrate on what is right for the future of the organization.

So the problem is what do you do about the organization that are caught in between brush pulling and Professional Organization? Numbers are climbing in SS lately so do they need to allow extra hooks for SF? At one point Zorns I heard were trying to change turbo and trying to run more like a Pro Stock. That I can see as an effort to be competitive.

One solution I thought of, try and make it work for both sides. What about only allowing a tractor that finished in the top 3 of the Super Farm to be allowed Jump up to SS stocks. Some of the Top running SF can stay up there in the top 10 SS. But we do not need to see repeat of SF with SS stocks mixed in.

Thank You,
Justin Bennett

Re: ppl rule changes October 30, 2012 10:35PM
Hey Clark

weather was on our side localaly, which is good getting ready to build a new shop. the team is getting larger with the add on's. another one comming taking us up to 6 SS.

Justin thanks for being open minded and looking at both sides.

I think Clark has the first thing weight if we have all the diesels at the same weight for now that would be a good start.

But I do like the idea of Justins with the top 3 in a SF class.

We will have to think about all of this because we need to clean up a little of the mess we have made.

Re: ppl rule changes October 31, 2012 05:51AM
justin you can't compare high school sports to tractor pulling, and some fat kids can out play the skinny ones! must be you were one of the slower kids, never seen weight stop a kid from playing sports just how fast or good he was at the sport he wanted to play.

how can it be fair to say your tractor didn't get in the top 3 in the super farms so you don't get to play next time and the other guys that have spent just as much time and money on there equipment and have to sit in the stands and watch, good way to loose some tractor pullers, but i guess if they wanted that rule, the supers that can't compete with the guys up front should be told not to return sense they can't win and don't have enough to win either! wow lol this does sound like a good idea lol

If a super stock is scared of running with some superfarms then they better spend some money and step up there game or stay home and how do you know it is actualy a superfarm do they tec them before they hook with the supers and make sure they didn't change turbo's? just opening the inlet or exhaust of the turbo up to 3.001 makes them a pro-stock and not legal for superfarm!

i have been trying to think what the guys name that started all the weight problems in the alky's in new york was maybe it started with a M he bought a tractor that was small cubes and whined till they gave him more weight to compete. who's fault is it that he bought a small cube tractor i guess everyone elses sense he was aloud more weight, but you are right mark if it smokes it should weight this #### and if it doesn't have smoke it should be this ### who cares about tire size, doesn't say u have to run the 30.5 in supers just no bigger.

i actually think this whole topic is a bunch of $$$$ lets just all go pull and have fun and lets run the weights that ppl says to run sense we pay our member ships to them, and if we don't like what is going on stay home

Re: ppl rule changes October 31, 2012 04:07PM
You don't know your facts

If you are refereeing to me tell me your name. no Ba11s?

I bought a tractor with small cubes in 1999 it was band by ESP to run in their light class that year because of the aluminum head.

The heavy class I ran in, already had my tractor to run at the same weight as a diesel SS tractor so no whining here... the rule was there long before I had a alkie.

At that time I did say because of the power the tractor I had at 405 cuin and NYTPA has a 650 rule I said if they were going to change the cuin limit at the state level it should be @ 436 on alkie to keep the weight the same.

They went to 504.

HELLO NYTPA HAS A SUPER STOCK CLASS.

LETS SEE
A TRACTOR TYPED AS SUPER FARM/LIMITED PRO (which NYTPA allows) IS GIVEN MORE WEIGHT TO BE MORE COMPETITIVE IN A SUPER STOCK CLASS.

SO WHY CAN'T A SS PULL IN THE SF CLASS WITH A WEIGHT DIFF TO BE LESS COMETITIVE.

WHY??? BECAUSE IT WOULD BE THE SAME DAMM CLASS.

A CLASS IS CALLED A CLASS BECAUSE OF THE TYPE OF TRACTOR THAT IS RUNNING IN IT, THATS IS WHY THEY HAVE DIFFERENT ONE'S.
THE SUPER STOCK CLASS IS NOW THE DUMPING GROUNDS.

WE NEED A MINIMUM TO QUALIFY TO PULL IN THE CLASS.

now if a rule like this is put in place such as 30.5 or multi turbo, current pullers should have 2 years to update.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2012 10:47PM by Mark Hayes.

Re: ppl rule changes November 01, 2012 11:46PM
Superfarms have to drop weight to pull in the SS from 9300lbs to 9000lbs to match the rest of the prostocks diesels. Limited pro can move from 8500 in the limited pro/ superfarm class to 9000lbs in SS stock to match. What is the 5th weight for the class? Travis McKnight

Re: ppl rule changes November 02, 2012 12:19AM
why dont we just change the class name from just super stock to super stock/pro stock like east coast it works for them. oh yeah why dont we drop the three turbo on the alcohol tractors to two turbos. problem solved

Re: ppl rule changes November 02, 2012 01:14AM
Does anyone else find it interesting when you look at results from Greenwhich and Schaticoke that the better running Superfarms that chose to run against the supers at night finished in the money? Yes, 17th place or better. There's about 10-12 good running supers/pros and there's about 15-20 that could really use some wrenching. Also if you look at the results you'll see that the Superfarms/lim pros pretty much only ran in your dignified "30.5 multi charger" class at Greenwhich and Scahticoke. If NYTPA just convinced those two venues to have a superfarm class in both sessions the problem would be solved. As far as lim pros and Superfarms pulling together, it's been that way for years and you can't change it now unless you grandfather the existing tractors in. How would all the superfarm boys like having to build a new motor for the class? CASE CLOSED!!!!

Re: ppl rule changes November 02, 2012 02:25AM
IT IS

24.5 TIRES 9000
ALKIE UNDER 410 8500
ALKIE CAST HEAD OVER 410 8000
ALKIE ALUMINUM HEAD 7700
30.5 TIRED DIESEL 8500

NYTPA SHOULD DO

8200 LB DIESEL LIKE THE RULE BOOK SAYS

AND MAKE A NEW RULE 7600 ALL ALKIE

Re: ppl rule changes November 02, 2012 12:55PM
That 2 charger rule is the dumbest idea out there... The biggest thing that dose is drive the cost up.

There should never be grandfathering. I do believe that if there is a new large change to a rule that may cause a puller not to be able to pull, then they should have 2 years to comply.

Superfarmin you are right for greenwhich and Schaghticoke with a class of 30 they should just add a second class with a smaller purse and allow like the top 10 tractors in it. It would add a little more of a cost but very little extra time to the show since it still would be about the same amout of tractors. The prob is that Schaghticoke is the small afternoon crowd. no $$.

Re: ppl rule changes November 02, 2012 02:17PM
Well mark looks like the east coast series has a great class. They have been doing it the longest and they have had the least problems. You said it yourself if they give you 2 years to make the big change it is not a big deal.

Re: ppl rule changes November 02, 2012 03:05PM
NYTPA is about 40 years.

AND WE ARE NOT THE EAST COAST SERIES.

and your right 2 years

Re: ppl rule changes November 02, 2012 11:44PM
So you are agreeing that you would change your tractor to two chargers as long as you had two years to do it ?

Re: ppl rule changes November 03, 2012 01:54AM
If that is what had to be done to better the class but that would not help the class at all.

show me the benifit to this.

dont bother today thou because i am heading out to the NYTPA meeting.

Come on out it starts 1ish

Re: ppl rule changes November 03, 2012 03:09AM
We can't wait for you to get here mark. I hope you can entertain us here at the meeting as you did all week here. Lance says he is going to pecker slap you when you get here

Re: ppl rule changes November 04, 2012 02:42AM
so was anything accomplished yesterday at the meeting? like to get started on the changes it any... thanks

Re: ppl rule changes November 04, 2012 10:21AM
nothing new yet in the ss class

something about the wording in the SF rules in the book.

Mod class maybe looking at some changes. will be talked about next month. got a bit heated.

Re: ppl rule changes November 04, 2012 11:19AM
A 6 thousand class should be just that no weight advantege should be given to any tracter and if a farmal m comes to play and has 1 turbo 3 or none and meets the Rules should pull IF A DIESLE CANT DO IT ONE TURBO CANT DO IT AND IF A FULL BLOWN SS gets beat by less WOW

Re: ppl rule changes November 04, 2012 11:57AM
What are the changes being considered for the Mod clas. Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM