Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 02, 2012 05:21AM
Anybody know??

Just heard that the Dad of the two boys that pull Super Farm RedRascal with the Outlaws a bit, has cancer? Is this true?
How many Super Farm guys with cancer is that by now?

3688 Puller?? Can you let us know whats going on or if this is correct? If I remember right you know this family pretty good?? How’s he doing??

Re: Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 02, 2012 12:00PM
Sad is an understatement at best. My name is Chris Weidinger and I run the Super Farm Black Power on the GN circuit with a great group of people. My dad got me into pulling when I was 7 and I am now 29 and he still helps me day in and day out with my tractor. He has also had stage 4 cancer since 2010 and sometimes will fall asleep in the shop while helping me... but he loves pulling and so do I. I don't want to stir up anything, just a touchy subject that hit too close to home for me not to comment. Any puller, or pulling family, or anyone who has to deal with cancer, you have my prayers.
Thanks,
Chris

Re: Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 02, 2012 12:34PM
Chris, is your dad, Paul? So sorry to hear. Such a devastating diesease. Continue to enjoy the moments together and the eventual memory makers.

Re: Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 02, 2012 01:11PM
Yes sir, my dad is Paul. I have learned to enjoy every second I get spend with him. I used to take it for granted big time...but these last 2 years have been extra special. He is still able to get around and he refuses to "take it easy". Thanks for the kind words.

Re: Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 03, 2012 06:13AM
It’s so sad to come on here and say our dear father has cancer. John Wiekamp had a seizure on August 22, 2012 on the farm during morning chores. Days later we found out he has internal melanoma cancer. After a MRI and PET scan we found out it had spread to his brain, lung, hip, and with some small spots showing up on his liver and spine. Dad went through 10 treatments of radiation to the brain, and 2 rounds of chemo. October 19, 2012 he had a seizure at home and was taken to Avera hospital. We found out the cancer was spreading and causing seizures. It’s sad to say, dad is losing his battle with this devastating disease.
The children of John,
LaRae, Jonathan, & William

Re: Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 03, 2012 09:28AM
Jonathan and William...
You guys have my thoughts and prayers with you.
Chris

Re: Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 05, 2012 08:52AM
So sorry to hear this....thoughts and prayers for you all through this difficult time....
...Tony

Re: Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 05, 2012 03:25PM
Thoughts and prayers to the weikamps-RED RASCAl. They are a great bunch of people and are going through a very tough time right now and need everybodys prayers.Jhon was a great guy and it looks like he is loosing the battle to this very disgusting illness.

Re: Another Super Farm Puller with Cancer? November 07, 2012 03:45AM
Just got this today

John (Butch) Wiekamp passed away last night, losing his battle to cancer. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. If some of you don't know him, his sons pull the Red Rascal and his is LaRae's father. Thank You....Sandi GPTP

Just thought I would put this up

John Platte

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009