Dear Louisville committee February 05, 2009 05:14PM
So, at least one or some of you think LSS tractors "can't get down the track"? eh?
I suggest taking a page from Murfreesboro and running a 6500 LSS alky class (sorry.... while I enjoy the diesel/alky rivalry in theory, in practice I don't get off on watching the alkies put 40 feet on the smokers).

You normally have 15 per class, correct? Here is a list of more than that of good running LSS alcohol tractors, every single one of them can get down the track.

Deeres-
Monica Shaw
Tommy Williamson
Brandon Wipf
Rex Kuhn
Mike Sandefur
Gus's Toy
I could even throw in Roger Buss, George Everett, and maybe another one or two I'm forgetting

Case-IH
Larry Phillips
Mike Chizek
Red Thunder (Norby/Pilcher, correct?)
Mark Hayes
Robert Bonino
Jay Fuqua
Marcus Wettleson
Marty Chandler
Todd Maedge
I could add Glen Frese, John Hoffman, and probably some more

Agco
Eric Van Valkenburg
Al Koch
any more good alky LSS orange ones?

Oliver
Shawn Peetz

New Holland/Ford
Mark Peissig
Kevin Lynn
Chad Bach
Brian Shaffer
Rob Polson
Brian Bowles
Mark Hootman
Don Head
Bob Barbee
Mike Wilhite
Kevin Windsor, and the 2 Forrester alkies (if they can make weight)

Case
Kevin Essary
Haug's Little Temptation

MM
Chuck Lewis

I think there are one or two decent running alky whites around too.

Sorry, no overhead cams and/or hemi heads. No Brent Long or Cokerhams (do they even pull anymore)?
I could even add some of what Klint Tucker groups as "Regional LSS" tractors, but you could pick any 15 of the above, and have one of the best classes at NFMS.

Just my 2 cents worth.

In fact, you could drop one PS and one SF hook and run 2 LSS hooks. Give the diesels a few hundred pounds to make it interesting if you want both fuels.

Michael

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2009 05:17PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Dear Louisville committee February 05, 2009 09:33PM
It's probly about time to shake up the classes at the NFMS. Get something new to see! But in defense of the pull committee, they want stuff that will make it down the track, and the last couple of times they tried LSS, it was pretty pathetic. I'm sure everybody has their stuff dialed in alittle better these days, to where they could put on better show.

Re: Dear Louisville committee February 06, 2009 01:29AM
no offense but I just finished watching a video of last years nfms pull, couldn't help but notice that virtually every SF would run out of power rather then spin out except for maybe one deer! now watching on video is not anyways near the same as being there ,seemed to me they would all stop in the same general area. the light supers can sure turn on and at the same time offer a show with maybe a few wild rides at the same time,ya kind of pay attention when any one of them could be a show stopper! Just my opinion and observations, am sure others will beg to differ,Jim

Re: LSS Dear Louisville committee February 06, 2009 02:59AM
I feel I am wasting alot of my time post this message but I'll post it any how. I have been a fan of the LSS for 17+ years now. I grew up watching Midsouth pulls and I have seen that group evolve from regional level tractors to be just as good as Da Bomb, 504 Rocket and all your top LSS. The last 3 or 4 years that NFMS had, I think 2005 was the last year, LSS probably wasnt the best show around. Im not bashing Darrel Meese, I happened to be a big fan of the squeeler but the reason half the LSS werent runnin good was they were setting the sled to stop the top Alcohol tractors. Obviously Darrel Meese, Wilhites, Larry Phillips, Mark Peissig, and Kevin Lynn. Again Im not bashing any of these guys just stating the facts why the LSS were a bit choppy the last years at NFMS. Not that the Dumb A*@ committee is gonna bring back the LSS but if they did heres something I would propose. Sat. afternoon drop SF, Im like SF but they have three hooks, they could drop one session. So I say run 2 sessions of LSS on Sat. afternoon one diesel only class and one alky class. In one of the previous post there is a Damn good list of LSS that is more than capable of getting down the track and putting on a good show. And after the two classes run that afternoon, for Sat. Nite take the top 4 from each class and have a Diesel vs. Alky final. Today theres only one LSS Diesel that can compete with the alkies and thats the Red Menace, other than mike theres not that many that can give the alkys a run. At Murfreesboro, Tn Al Kock, except for this year he has ran real well with the Entertainer, David Estab has run real well. Any of the Haney's Tractors Cujo or Jr two real strong Diesel Allis Chalmers. Moores Old Rags runs well when its on. Hopefully somebody might agree with some of this, Just my two cents, and I'll probably be bashed by countless people but LSS deserve to be at the Farm Show.

Randy Newton

Re: LSS Dear Louisville committee February 06, 2009 04:13AM
I don't disagree with you much... The problem is that LSS would be the ONLY class at NFMS that has multiple fuels, and you're right they had to stop the top alcohol tractors. I disagree with a diesel only and an alcohol only LSS showing, but there needs to be a way to level the playing field. Weight, hitch height, etc. If you can't do that - make it a DLSS class then only - they were diesels first.

I propose that they bring 2 of the top alcohol LSS and 2 of the top diesels and do testing every afternoon W-F (free of charge for spectators) and figure out what it takes to keep it fair, then the next year - you drop a session of SF for them.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009