Do any Light Pro classes allow the p-8600 pump? November 04, 2012 12:04AM
Im located in southern Wisconsin, and like the light pro rules. seems like an extremely fun class that allow guys to run whatever they can spin for a charger. Just wondering why the rules exclude the 8600 pump in the badger state, and if they will ever consider lifting that ban. I must say, I was quite discouraged when Scheid told me that I had to spend $12,200 on a p-7100 to run in that class. The only advantage that the 8600 might have would be durability. p-3000 pumps have been worked to run well over 1000 cc's, and the 540 cube limit will only allow so much fuel. 16 and 17 mm plungers are being machined into 7100 pumps and driving the costs higher and higher. I have an 8600 pump that will move the 1000cc of fuel and it didnt cost me half the price that the 7100 would run me. Just wondering why they are not allowed, and looking for input from other pullers in the class to see if there is any interest in getting that rule changed.

On a side note--- Are the rules still written as factory cast head for this class, or is it opened up to recast heads as well. Thought there was a little bit of a buzz going around that they powers that be were going to allow any cast iron head in the class.

Re: Do any Light Pro classes allow the p-8600 pump? November 04, 2012 01:33AM
If you like the NTPA rules, then what is the concern with pump rule. If its cost, then why not allow sigma pumps? They are less costly and more durable than the p pumps. The thought behind this, when the class was formed, was to try and keep things from getting out of hand. With no turbo limit, the smaller pumps and cubic inches would hopefully keep big turbos from dominating the class. Will it work, it has yet to be determined. The head rule is the same as it has been from day one, any stock appearing head, that is not billet steel or aluminum, will pass. This includes after market.

Re: Do any Light Pro classes allow the p-8600 pump? November 04, 2012 08:25AM
14mm p7100 will put out 1400cc. I know of two tractors that ran the 16mm scheid pump but they didn't set the world on fire. Stay away from scheid if you dont want to worry about your pump failing. Just my two cents.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009