Track lengh what should it be November 06, 2012 01:48PM
llss KTPA banquet and GEN rules meetting Sat any ideas myself if a floatting finish is used Like it is a lot I feel it should under no sircumstance EXCEED 320 foot what is other opinions truck and tractor pullers since this would be up to every one I like the old 300 ft Rule myself and 320 to 370 is ridiculous

Re: Track lengh what should it be November 06, 2012 01:56PM
Up here in high school, up to 340 is fine, as long as the track is prepped out that far.
You will have a fun fast ride!
Much better than grinding and straining to make it to 270 cuz the sled guy is skeered.
This aint your grandpa's tractor pull
Down there in 7th grade, you can keep things to 300 or maybe 310. Especially if it is a pull back sled you are using.

Re: Track lengh what should it be November 06, 2012 01:58PM
Im with you lewis, I like the 300 to 310 Full Pulls but anything over 320 is to much.

Re: Track lengh what should it be November 06, 2012 08:51PM
I agree brad and lewis 320 is long enough. But I am also not a fan of a pulloff every night. I would love to see perfect sled settings with a floating finish and winning runs being 310-320 at every pull, its just not gonna happen though. Different sleds and different tracks make this hard to do. If we were making 10-12 hooks per season I wouldnt mind a bit to have 300 ft full pulls and pulloffs at every pull. But when we are looking at 30+ hooks per season, the last thing I want is a pulloff every night. And if you tell your tech officials you want a 300 ft full pull and you would rather not have a pull off you are going to have a 280 ft sled setting. Going back to what flag waver said a 280 ft pass is no where near as fun of a ride or as exciting for the crowd as a 300+ pass. I like the floating finish and I like for a 320 ft pull to win it. How do you do this every night, I don't know. It's a tough call for the tech guys, they do a good job in my opinion, sometimes things just don't play out like they think they are going to.

Re: Track lengh what should it be November 07, 2012 03:20AM
Prep the track for 350 ft and try and stop everyone by 310-320 ft..Thats the way weve done it for years in my area and it works great..Once in awhile someone pulls 330 ft but I hear no complaints..

Re: Track lengh what should it be November 07, 2012 12:53PM
Ive not got any problems with floattig finnishes with a good sled 320 uasualy catches the class

Re: Track lengh what should it be November 07, 2012 01:00PM
Iment to add I like the 320 ft rule NTPA has seems realy fair to me

Re: Track lengh what should it be November 07, 2012 01:11PM
What we do at our track is to quit working the track at around 300 after that the guys with the most speed will run into softer, dryer dirt and slow down. Not many make it much farther. Lets the sled operator let them run but the best run usually wins. Be carefully not to make it too soft so they don't over rev.

Re: Track lengh what should it be November 07, 2012 01:52PM
What about widening the track? Vehicles are going so fast down the track, seems like it would be safer. Keep pullers off the brake a bit more. Or would it really not make much of a difference?

Re: Track lengh what should it be, Face November 08, 2012 12:57AM
Most of us lack room to add width and still maintain safety margins. Adding width will allow rigs to get even more sideways without shutting down on the chance "I might make it". I don't want to add to the chance of rigs aimed at the crowd full throttle while the driver decides if he can get it straight again. It is part of reading the track and knowing how your rig will respond. This comment isn't about the rigs that try the sideline and drift across. They will exist at any width.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,751, Posts: 229,902, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,089, Posts: 226,004.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM