Essex Juncution, VT GN February 06, 2009 11:38AM
I just noticed on the NTPA website that the classes have been announced for the venues in 2009. I was wondering what everyone thought of the changes to the Essex Juncution now going with the Unlimteds, Super Stock Open and 4x4 Trucks.

Re: Essex Juncution, VT GN February 06, 2009 12:43PM
It's about time for something differnt.

Re: Essex Juncution, VT GN February 09, 2009 12:12AM
Funny how NTPA won't go to Canada anymore but it's pretty obvious they are counting on the Canadian trucks to fill the 4WD class...

Re: Essex Juncution, VT GN February 09, 2009 01:43AM
I know we will be there with our truck. Exxex Junction was where my father first watched Mod truck pulling 30+ years ago. He always tells me how Bernard performance won that day. Go MOPAR!

Re: Essex Juncution, VT GN February 09, 2009 03:17AM
Out of curiosity what is a GN FWD purse?

Re: Essex Juncution, VT GN February 09, 2009 04:04AM
I dont so much if it because they dont want to go back to Canada and have pulls or not. The year before they made St. Hyincthince, QUE (Spelling) an invitional pull there was a lot of there pullers that wanted to go there and pull and they had problems getting through the boarder or were turned around at the boarder. I dont know names as they were not mentioned on the NTPA pulling site when the news broke. As for the attention of the 4x4 trucks in Vermont I am truly looking for and hoping to see the 3 Bears, and the 4 Play as I have been watching these guys pull sense I was a little kid and it will be the 1st time I have seen them in person or 4x4 trucks are the grand national level.

Border patrol February 09, 2009 10:29AM
I know of at least one twd puller that got turned away because of a DUI 20+ years ago, and he drove all the way from the Chapel Hill TN pull straight to Canada. Only to be turned away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 10:30AM by American Thunder fan.

Re: Border patrol February 10, 2009 01:12AM
However, we (NTPA and GN competitors) were warned, or advised, to be prepared for that type of instance well before the season started and were advised on how to make the process go easier as far as getting across the border even if there was a past indiscretion on anyone's part. Those that failed to take that advice were the ones who "suffered". Had the proper preparation been taken, any puller would have known well before hand if they were going to be denied entry to Canada. I am not sure that the incident you allude to had a lot of impact on whether the NTPA decided not to go back to St. Hyacinthe. Personally, we always had a great time, but then I like to experience different cultures and see new places. The drive from Chapel Hill was brutal and probably very dangerous unless you had multiple drivers to share the driving duties. The pay was very good also as there was a raised purse. I think Bob Jostock said that he came home with $20,000 the last time the invitational was held. That is a lot of jack for a 30 hour drive. JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009