Turbo plumbing April 13, 2014 02:03PM
On a mufti charger setup . The pressure turbo is fed from the atmospheric turbo into the compressor housing inlet. How do most people fasten inlet tube into the aluminum compressor housing. Ours is machined on the outside with a lip but I really don't want to use hose there do most use some kind of v band or fasten it somehow. I hope it makes sense any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Turbo plumbing April 13, 2014 02:32PM
WE USED A " V" CLAMP,THEN DRILLED HOLES ,ONE ON EACH SIDE OF THE CONECTING PIPE,THEN THE SAME THING WITH THE TURBO HOUSING,THEN STUCK A BOLT THREW THE HOLE AND WELDED IT,THEN WE USED A TURN BUCKLE CONECTED FROM EACH SIDE OF THE BOLTS THAT WERE WELDED.BE SURE BOLTS ARE STUCK THROUGH FROM THE INSIDE OUT.HOPE THIS HELPS,TRIED TO DESCRIBE THE BEST I COULD.

Re: Turbo plumbing April 13, 2014 03:08PM
Thankyou I understand what you mean . Our turbo has a tapered transition ring on the inlet so I will see if that will work.

Re: Turbo plumbing April 18, 2014 07:01AM
We machine a v band flange out of aluminium and weld it to the compressor inlet. If your charge pipe is smaller you can make a transition.
Picture below V

Chris Watson
Watson Motorsports
Batavia, OH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2014 07:02AM by supersonic.

Re: Turbo plumbing April 18, 2014 11:29AM
Thankyou guys for the help. I got thinking about it the other night and made a plug that I think will work. I really appreciate it Smiling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,702, Posts: 229,803, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member CBeard